OP

Bucready

First Name
Johnna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Also add in how long it would take to get the new title. Lots of states are backlogged, so you might have to let it sit in your driveway for 3 months before you can re-sell.
In Florida not long. Purchased my BS 9/25. Based on my dealer they said in about 2 weeks I would be able to walk into the DMV and get my title, I'll do that this week, Now if I have them mail it to me, yes weeks. Has happened before. Now I just do in person.
Sponsored

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You can walk out the door with the title. I bought a car in Texas, paid for it along with a fee of $75 which was basically a bill of sale so I could drive it. I paid for the car, took all the paper work, title signed over to me from the dealership, and left. Actually did not pay "dealer fees" usually charged for having them handle all registration and collecting taxes. Did the same with an automobile I bought in Colorado. Most dealers are not "required" to collect taxes owed to the state. It is merely a service they charge you dearly for. Some states might require it but many cars are bought by out of state buyers. My state requires me to register, title and pay taxes within 30 days of purchase. Paying capital gains will be a joke. Another huge problem not addressed here yet. What kind of financing will you offer? Dealerships have you strangled on that. A local credit union or bank is going to have a hard time loaning money on an automobile priced over MSRP. So not only do you not have to find a buyer, you have to find a cash buyer. You might be able to find a workaround on the taxes, but not financing.
Damn thats a good point about financing. Maybe I’ll list mine at +10k in a “what-if” scenario to see if some rich schmuck who wipes his nose with benjamins wants to blow some snot money into my bank account. But theres no other vehicle I would buy instead with the extra dough 😢 Who am I kidding I wouldn’t sell it. But I also don’t know when I’ll get it myself lol.

OP
OP

Bucready

First Name
Johnna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I'd offer to let the dealer keep it in trade for something for your new Bronco. (Protection plan, new larger tires, accessories) they are going to mark up a Hybrid and if you can make some type of deal without having to purchase it you both win.
I like that, I know the salesman and the General mgr fairly well. As we get closer and time plays out, I'll approach them and see what they have to say.

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don’t they have to deliver one before we have this conversation?

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don’t they have to deliver one before we have this conversation?
I think it's a fun/valid conversation given the incredible demand for them, which is quantified and not a hypothetical. And by way of the basic theory of a supply/demand & cost graph, the demand is high, the supply is low, the real market value may be relatively higher than ecoboosts given the reality of the hybrid build constraints and later delivery dates.

Reactions: TCK

Sponsored

OP
OP

Bucready

First Name
Johnna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I think it's a fun/valid conversation given the incredible demand for them, which is quantified and not a hypothetical. And by way of the basic theory of a supply/demand & cost graph, the demand is high, the supply is low, the real market value may be relatively higher than ecoboosts given the reality of the hybrid build constraints and later delivery dates.
Yeppers - Let's say the Hybird comes out and the MPG is way better than Ford advertised. Reviews are thru the roof. Ordering one might take 6+ months in this climate we are in. That someone might be willing to pay way over MSRP now instead of waiting that 6 months. Just saying.

Reactions: TCK

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And Carvana has to make a profit, that is weird. I guess there are people that just don't want to wait, and appreciate that Carvana can ship anywhere and is trusted.

Still even in that scenario, at least in TX after taxes you'd pay for the vehicle when selling it you'd have only made $500 or so.
I think I would approach Carvana to see if they would like to resale it. I have seen them sell new vehicles that they have purchased as over stocked cars from dealers. Or check around for a local used car dealer that has a dealer license to get around the sales tax issue.

I have purchased several cars where I did my own sales tax applications and registration. With the delayed delivery many on this board may give. Up their order and leave a lot of dealers with cars For a heavy markup. One of my largest customer is a major gas station chain and they strongly feel that the current trend of EV vehicles will keep the price of gasoine like it is now, but going higher in price Per gallon.
Sponsored

Last edited: