First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Lux EcoBoost AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In the process of removing and reinstalling the utility track system (that comes with the Lux package) for my spray in liner, one of the black Torx head fasteners that holds the rail down was stripped (the Torx head part). Threads weren’t clean after the spray in was done, once I ran a tap down it, was fine, but ended up ruining one of the heads on a fastener by that point.

Is there any way to order a replacement of one of these fasteners from Ford? I currently have a regular hex head bolt with the correct thread pitch, etc. that is holding it in but the head on the bolt protrudes from the rail and just doesn’t match. I cannot seem to find a replacement online that matches the style of the factory fastener. It has a flat head but isn’t a counter-sink style.

Any ideas as to how these can be ordered from Ford or from a fastener supplier, just can’t seem to find one that matches.

Thanks!
Sponsored

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’ve had pretty good luck with a local Hydraulic and Hardware shop. You might look for something like that in your area.

Also Ace Hardware has a pretty good selection of specialty bolts and screws.

Darrel R. Ferguson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rancharos mustangs explores chevy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

In the process of removing and reinstalling the utility track system (that comes with the Lux package) for my spray in liner, one of the black Torx head fasteners that holds the rail down was stripped (the Torx head part). Threads weren’t clean after the spray in was done, once I ran a tap down it, was fine, but ended up ruining one of the heads on a fastener by that point.

Is there any way to order a replacement of one of these fasteners from Ford? I currently have a regular hex head bolt with the correct thread pitch, etc. that is holding it in but the head on the bolt protrudes from the rail and just doesn’t match. I cannot seem to find a replacement online that matches the style of the factory fastener. It has a flat head but isn’t a counter-sink style.

Any ideas as to how these can be ordered from Ford or from a fastener supplier, just can’t seem to find one that matches.

Thanks!
fastenal, they should have them.

OleKennyRoy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OP
OP
RyanS93

RyanS93

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Lux EcoBoost AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Sponsored

OleKennyRoy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OP
OP
RyanS93

RyanS93

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Lux EcoBoost AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just in case this helps someone else, I ended up purchasing these and they worked well. Not black and not torx but the low profile head was the right size.

M8-1.25 x 25mm Flat Head Hex Socket Cap Screws Bolts, 304 Stainless Steel 18-8, Connector Bolts Screws for Furniture, Bed, Chairs, Bright Finish, Full Thread, Pack of 20 https://a.co/d/f92cptc

LtCasual

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just in case this helps someone else, I ended up purchasing these and they worked well. Not black and not torx but the low profile head was the right size.

M8-1.25 x 25mm Flat Head Hex Socket Cap Screws Bolts, 304 Stainless Steel 18-8, Connector Bolts Screws for Furniture, Bed, Chairs, Bright Finish, Full Thread, Pack of 20 https://a.co/d/f92cptc
Thanks for posting these. I ordered the rails from Ford parts and the box took a beating, no bolts to be found inside. If I can't convince support to send me more these will work.

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What size Torx is are the fasteners on the tie downs? Asking so I may purchase the correct Torx tool to remove the fastener.
Sponsored