First Name
Dawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Today I took my Maverick in for the recalled possible holes in gas tank due to my spray on bed liner. After inspection, yes I need a new gas tank. My local Ford dealership is paying for my rental car.
Sponsored

Wasatch-Man

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Today I took my Maverick in for the recalled possible holes in gas tank due to my spray on bed liner. After inspection, yes I need a new gas tank. My local Ford dealership is paying for my rental car.
When did you take delivery of your Maverick?

OP
OP
DawnH

DawnH

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered in June of 2021 and picked it up at the end of October 2021.

LGRW_GoGRG

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did they tell you when to expect a new gas tank to come in? I took mine in yesterday and luckily I didn't have any holes drilled, but the service tech said they have absolutely no ETA on when new tanks are coming in.

OP
OP
DawnH

DawnH

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They really didn't give me a date. The tech made it sound like they didn't have the parts for the updated recall for other parts. If there were no holes, I would have been good to go. Since there was, they were not allowed me to take my truck due to the safety hazard. My car rental is for a couple of days and they will keep in touch with Ford to let me have my rental as long as needed. My dealership didn't have any loaner vehicles available and I had decided that I would get a rental. Ford called the rental company and gave me a ride there. It was then I found out Ford is paying for the rental. I wasn't expecting that so I was really happy. Updates to follow.

Sponsored

NJMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bodhi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got the fuel tank recall notice in mail and also an email. I have AWD XL w/ spray in bedliner.
But when I go to the Ford recall check online site and enter my vin #, it says no recall.
Anyone else have this happen to them?

That was before this new trailer brake thing recall, which i do need to get. Though I likely will never tow anything, I just got it in case.

OP
OP
DawnH

DawnH

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I received two letters, one was a heads up and the other was you can now make an appointment. My Maverick is litterly in the shop now and my Ford Maverick webpage still says there are no recalls.

MO Maverick

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac Grand Prix
I took mine in early March for the recall. The dealer said the tank had a “Dimple” so they ordered a new tank and other necessary parts. They had my truck for about a week and half so not the quickest turnaround time but not too bad with the state of supply chains.

NJMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bodhi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I took mine in early March for the recall. The dealer said the tank had a “Dimple” so they ordered a new tank and other necessary parts. They had my truck for about a week and half so not the quickest turnaround time but not too bad with the state of supply chains.
thanks

NJMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bodhi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I received two letters, one was a heads up and the other was you can now make an appointment. My Maverick is litterly in the shop now and my Ford Maverick webpage still says there are no recalls.
thanks
Sponsored