First Name
Benson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
WHY would Ford not have a locking gas cap on Maverick? It should be offered standard....or very least as an option. I would pay more the have a locking one.
Sponsored

Sponsored

sickser66

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
It’s hard to steal the gas without the thingy you put in the thingy. You know, the thingy they give you that’s stored in the thingy. How many gas thief’s carry a thingy with them?

OP
OP
Benson

Benson

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Benson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Which new vehicles sold today have locking gas caps? Have you had issues with people messing with your gas cap/tank?
That is something you never now until its too late! Do you think that no one ever screws with someone's unlocked tank nowadays? I'm not sure but I'd rather be safe than sorry. If the fuel door is always locked when the car is locked as someone question, then that would be OK. But if not, I'm not comfortable with that.
Will try to remember to ask Tim Bartz.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
WHY would Ford not have a locking gas cap on Maverick? It should be offered standard....or very least as an option. I would pay more the have a locking one.
Do you leave your truck unlocked because that is the only way for someone to open the filling door.

On the Hybrid you need to press a button in the cabin to depressurize the fuel tank which then opens the filler door.

So instead of being lazy and asking for a gas cap lock just lock the damn truck :mad:

Last edited:

Z_ealot

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan 370Z, Honda Civic, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That is something you never now until its too late! Do you think that no one ever screws with someone's unlocked tank nowadays? I'm not sure but I'd rather be safe than sorry. If the fuel door is always locked when the car is locked as someone question, then that would be OK. But if not, I'm not comfortable with that.
please read

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/ford-easy-fuel-prevents-gas-theft-36806.html

Sponsored

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What's your trim option (XL, XLT, Lariat)? I think the Lariat has a locking gas door, don't know about the others. Maybe you could order parts to install a locking gas door on a trim package that does not have one.

OP
OP
Benson

Benson

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Benson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you leave your truck unlocked because that is the only way for someone to open the filling door.

And on the Hybrid you need the truck open and the key to turn it on because for the filler door to open a button must be pressed to depressurize the tank.

So instead of being lazy and asking for a gas cap lock just lock the damn truck :mad:
Has nothing to do w/'being lazy'.I just prefer the button on dash that opens the fuel door as your exit the car. remember we all have different personal preferences and no need to be judgemental. Different strokes for different folks.

Stimpy433

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mavrick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What's your trim option (XL, XLT, Lariat)? I think the Lariat has a locking gas door, don't know about the others. Maybe you could order parts to install a locking gas door on a trim package that does not have one.
hybrids have locking fuel door with a release in the cab, EBs do not at all….

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As long as you're not a jerk to others I think you have little to fear. Do you have a lot of enemies?
Sponsored