Sponsored

Reasons for buying a Maverick

Darksider

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two
That's actually the transmission fluid dip stick.. But you are right .. You won't have to worry about that in a maverick.

14mustangNJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4, 2014 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is this one of the trucks that you have to remove the cab to do some of the maintenance to? I believe the F250 diesels you needed to do cab off for engine work but I could be wrong here.

I’ll never forget when I saw I think a mid 2010s f series with the cab off and just the frame/drivetrain there in two separate bays at a pep boys in basically giant piles of wiring and hoses everywhere disassembled. I doubt that everything goes back together the same as factory once that type of work happens.

I cringed a bit looking at used trucks with that memory prior to finding the Maverick and it only convinced me the Maverick was a better decision even more.

EMD_Driver

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-350 DRW 6.7 / 2022 Maverick XLT 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Reason # F350: checking the oil. I’d rather not grab my climbing gear before locating the dipstick!
3D4DFD82-4BD2-4DC3-BE8B-1DC8340F738C.jpeg
I have the same issue with my '14 F-350.. Not to mention the MPG difference between it and the Maverick.

I got excited about the Maverick, when I first heard about them. At the time, we had a 2019 Chevy Equinox that was in the shop constantly. We were getting close to being at the end of the warranty and decided we were going to trade the Equinox in on a Maverick "When they came out in November"

On 7/23/21 I had a chance meeting, with a guy that stopped at a stop sign and decided to pull out in front of me anyway! He's not the brightest light on the tree! Needless to say, my Equinox ended up like this:

Ford Maverick Reasons for buying a Maverick IMG_2073

All I was doing, was taking my dog for a bath... He was in the seat behind me and smashed me between him and the seatbelt. I ended up with a compression fracture in my spine and a complete left-rotator cuff tear. The dog was fine, but didn't like the fact, that he couldn't ride with me in the ambulance.

Thankfully, that incident pushed-up my Maverick timeline and I ordered one in August. I'll be so happy when it finally gets here!

Sponsored

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have the same issue with my '14 F-350.. Not to mention the MPG difference between it and the Maverick.

I got excited about the Maverick, when I first heard about them. At the time, we had a 2019 Chevy Equinox that was in the shop constantly. We were getting close to being at the end of the warranty and decided we were going to trade the Equinox in on a Maverick "When they came out in November"

On 7/23/21 I had a chance meeting, with a guy that stopped at a stop sign and decided to pull out in front of me anyway! He's not the brightest light on the tree! Needless to say, my Equinox ended up like this:

IMG_2073.jpeg

All I was doing, was taking my dog for a bath... He was in the seat behind me and smashed me between him and the seatbelt. I ended up with a compression fracture in my spine and a complete left-rotator cuff tear. The dog was fine, but didn't like the fact, that he couldn't ride with me in the ambulance.

Thankfully, that incident pushed-up my Maverick timeline and I ordered one in August. I'll be so happy when it finally gets here!
Dang dude, well wishes for a speedy recovery and a speedy set of Mavericks.

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Versa, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My wife and I wanted to replace our current vehicle, and for the longest time I'd been considering a mid-size truck. I do events around the state and have to haul a lot of stuff, and we've been barely squeezing it into my hatchback. I also just hate the look of crossovers in general.

But we're not rich and trying to build savings, and living in northwestern Wisconsin you can't get away with rear wheel drive. So the price tag on a four wheel drive truck just didn't make sense with our budget. Like we were considering giving up and getting another hatchback like the Kia Soul, but the Maverick rumors started swirling (and the pandemic put the events I do on hold -- they're all starting up again in 2022) so I held out.

And then that price tag and the standard hybrid getting announced was kind of a "oh look, the vehicle that does everything I want right in my budget" moment. Like I have no problem driving a front wheel drive vehicle that size in the snow, and it literally ticks every box for me.

Ford apparently knew exactly what my wife and I wanted. The only real difference in opinion my wife and I had on the configuration was the color. 😆

Last edited:

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've owned what I'd guess is over 200 vehicles, always preferred trucks even though I've made my living building cars.

We've specialized in Mitsubishi's, did well with Nissan GTR's and dabbled in some other platforms. This truck for me was a new toy for ME to actually enjoy, drive every day and a new platform for our shop to build parts for.

I love this little truck. Modding it is going to be fantastic.