Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

First of all, I love my Maverick, but I am not loving the insane amount of time it takes for a regulator. I had my Maverick for not even 3 month and my back window would not roll up while I was out of town camping. Being a single female camping alone, it was an unsettling feeling. Took my truck in on July 6th (2023 obviously). Over 3 months later there is still a 2x4 in my door to keep my window up!! I've called and called and they keep telling me it's been back ordered... Again and again.... This is my 1st experience buying a brand new vehicle period let alone from Ford. Love the truck, hating the customer service and waiting time for parts. Any advice?
Sponsored

Bigbill27

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 focus, 2023 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had the passenger rear window go down and would not come back up. It turned out to be a bad switch in my driver door. They fixed it and I was out in 30 minutes. I saw where someone else had the same problem as me.

OP
OP
OutdoorBrat

OutdoorBrat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Butler Ford and Crown Ford checked mine and said it was the motor for the window and the regulator. They have my motor but my regulator I've been waiting over 3 months for

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Butler Ford and Crown Ford checked mine and said it was the motor for the window and the regulator. They have my motor but my regulator I've been waiting over 3 months for
not to ruin your day but your dealer is most likely wrong. the drivers door switch cluster is a known problem through maybe not known by your dealer. look at the similar threads at the bottom of this page.

OP
OP
OutdoorBrat

OutdoorBrat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

not to ruin your day but your dealer is most likely wrong. the drivers door switch cluster is a known problem through maybe not known by your dealer. look at the similar threads at the bottom of this page.
Oh great 😅 That's gonna be fun for them to figure out once my part gets in and it still won't work 🤦‍♀️

Sponsored

Ranch

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Marverick FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
First of all, I love my Maverick, but I am not loving the insane amount of time it takes for a regulator. I had my Maverick for not even 3 month and my back window would not roll up while I was out of town camping. Being a single female camping alone, it was an unsettling feeling. Took my truck in on July 6th (2023 obviously). Over 3 months later there is still a 2x4 in my door to keep my window up!! I've called and called and they keep telling me it's been back ordered... Again and again.... This is my 1st experience buying a brand new vehicle period let alone from Ford. Love the truck, hating the customer service and waiting time for parts. Any advice?
You can ask the dealer to do a OE Connection search for the back ordered part at another dealer and if they do find one will they eat the price mark up that will occur from that transaction.

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Oh great 😅 That's gonna be fun for them to figure out once my part gets in and it still won't work 🤦‍♀️
ok I'm gonna back track a second and ask if it's the right rear. if so, probably the switch.

OP
OP
OutdoorBrat

OutdoorBrat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You can ask the dealer to do a OE Connection search for the back ordered part at another dealer and if they do find one will they eat the price mark up that will occur from that transaction.
I will give that a try!! Thank you so much!

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
it totally is the right rear lol
It's always the right rear. It's always the driver door switch. It's a bad part from the supplier, but not bad enough for them to have issued a recall yet.

Sponsored

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
it totally is the right rear lol
looking for a silver lining, at least your seat is dry. most dealers wouldn't prop it up like yours did.

OP
OP
OutdoorBrat

OutdoorBrat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

It's always the right rear. It's always the driver door switch. It's a bad part from the supplier, but not bad enough for them to have issued a recall yet.
I'm kinda seeing that it's a trending thing. I'm happy it's nothing major, but it's at least enough of an issue you'd think they'd be making more of them so I don't have to wait this long to roll up my window 😅🥲🤣

Ranch

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Marverick FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's starting to look like two dealers made a bad diag.

From talking to my brother who still works at a Ford dealer the techs he has have really bad reading comprehension. They don't understand TSB's, recall's or how to do pin point test's from the workshop manual.

It's going to get really bad when older tech's retire in the near future.

OP
OP
OutdoorBrat

OutdoorBrat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

looking for a silver lining, at least your seat is dry. most dealers wouldn't prop it up like yours did.
I'm kinda seeing that it's a trending thing. I'm happy it's nothing major, but it's at least enough of an issue you'd think they'd be making more of them so I don't have to wait this long to roll up my window 😅🥲🤣
Don't get me wrong, I am very grateful for Butler Ford propping it up for me while I was out of town camping. I'm just super annoyed to have a brand spanking new truck with issue already that takes months to fix. Happy it's nothing major. Just slightly annoyed lol

Nomav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had this replaced on mine which is the master switch. Decided to buy one just in case it happens again. They are fairly cheap.

Ford Maverick Rear Window not rolling up 20230710_113721
Sponsored