First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GMC Canyon 3.5L (159k)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Perhaps I'm simply looking in the wrong place, but I haven't been able to locate the dimensions of the rear seat storage area. I always keep a fishing rod on the back of my truck in case I want to get out after work. I'd like to keep a rod in the storage space and need to know the width for the length of rod. Would anyone happen to know it?
Sponsored

Pogeegitz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Expedition Max XLT, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Perhaps I'm simply looking in the wrong place, but I haven't been able to locate the dimensions of the rear seat storage area. I always keep a fishing rod on the back of my truck in case I want to get out after work. I'd like to keep a rod in the storage space and need to know the width for the length of rod. Would anyone happen to know it?
I think I saw somewhere that it was pretty much right at 72".

I'm in a similar situation, where I'd like to know if my dog kennel will fit on the back seat between the front seat back and the rear seatback. Anyone want to take some measurements? That's probably going to be the deciding factor for me whether I need a cap or can get away with a tonneau cover.

RebellaE

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, Lux, 360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Are you looking for the under-seat storage or behind the seat storage? One thing I noticed when I saw one recently at our state fair - the Hybrid's under seat storage doesn't really go all the way across. The 12v battery compartment comes all the way to the top of the storage bin area. In the 2.0, there is room to store long narrow items because the center bin divider is not full height.

Last edited:
OP
OP

ZachSD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GMC Canyon 3.5L (159k)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are you looking for the under-seat storage or behind the seat storage? One thing I noticed when I saw one recently at our state fair - the Hybrid's under seta storage doesn't really go all the way across. The 12v battery compartment comes all the way to the top of the storage bin area. In the 2.0, there is room to store long narrow items because the center bin divider is not full height.
Shucks. I was thinking under seat, and was hoping there were would be enough gap between the seat in the down position to fit a 2 piece rod without screwing up the guides, but if its pretty flush Ill have to consider behind the seat.

RebellaE

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, Lux, 360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Shucks. I was thinking under seat, and was hoping there were would be enough gap between the seat in the down position to fit a 2 piece rod without screwing up the guides, but if its pretty flush Ill have to consider behind the seat.
There *might* be enough of a gap for you. I know for sure that my folding sports chairs are too big in diameter to fit. I couldn't get the right angle to see if the seat bottom actually rests on the storage bin or not.

Sponsored

Matchstick08

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am also interested in this. I have a small black lab who's medium-large kennel fits in the back seat of my 08 silverado crew. I didn't think about this until after ordering mine.

oldfatguy

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997ranger 2006 fusion 2001 bmw330ci 2004.5w3500
under seat bin is about 44in inside , did it in the dark but that will get you close!

Matchstick08

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost