Rear belt monitor fault help

Jojo in Oz

First Name
Jo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ranger and maverick Chevy Corvair
Today it started randomly screen came up saying rear belt monitor fault I first I didn’t know what it was it turned out it’s something to do with the seatbelts I went and I put the rear seatbelts and lock them in place it didn’t do anything you hit the OK it disappears for a maximum of 60 seconds and comes right back again what is going on
Sponsored

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'd check where the seat assembly plugs into the chassis wiring harness first.
On early Bronco sports there were issues with crimp connections on seat wiring.
What's going on is probably a trip to the service department, sorry to say.

OP
OP
Jojo in Oz

Jojo in Oz

First Name
Jo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In the meantime I hope it’s safe to drive. There has never been anyone in the truck other than me. My service is supposedly scheduled for early November

OP
OP
Jojo in Oz

Jojo in Oz

First Name
Jo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In the meantime what is the easiest way to get to the harness. I imagine I will need to take out the storage bins under the rear seat. Ugh. I hope I have the right size tools

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Today it started randomly screen came up saying rear belt monitor fault I first I didn’t know what it was it turned out it’s something to do with the seatbelts I went and I put the rear seatbelts and lock them in place it didn’t do anything you hit the OK it disappears for a maximum of 60 seconds and comes right back again what is going on
Hi there. This rear belt monitor concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Maverick. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

Sponsored

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hi there. This rear belt monitor concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Maverick. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.
this fault randomly popped up for me today. Looks I’ll add it to the growing list of service items and recalls I need to have done

aitch-2-oh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus X
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Image attached is from The Admiral’s ‘21 Escape, more of a PITA than a safety concern.

The Dealer (dis)Service department admitted they a) didn’t know why this is happening and b) couldn’t get to it until January.

I’ll copy elements of this thread and include it in the next interaction (12-28, different Dealer, hoping the experience is better).

Ford Maverick Rear belt monitor fault help 613606A3-B90E-4B7E-9969-D08F83557656

willie

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lexus... ford f150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Image attached is from The Admiral’s ‘21 Escape, more of a PITA than a safety concern.

The Dealer (dis)Service department admitted they a) didn’t know why this is happening and b) couldn’t get to it until January.

I’ll copy elements of this thread and include it in the next interaction (12-28, different Dealer, hoping the experience is better).

613606A3-B90E-4B7E-9969-D08F83557656.jpeg
same issue

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hey @Ford Motor Company -

Now not only do I have the seat belt sensor fault, I’m getting this error in the Ford Pass app. Not giving me much confidence the truck is super safe to drive….

Ford Maverick Rear belt monitor fault help 735FF823-889E-42AA-A7DD-37E4344B5D99

Last edited:

snek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Mav XLT, Oxford, 2.0EB, AWD, FX4, Lux, 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
...well...I guess I appreciate FoMoCo caring about this....I am sure my dealer won't. They cannot get the rear airbag replacement parts, don't care about the severe dash rattle behind the cluster...and guessing they won't care about the belt monitor either. I absolutely love my Maverick...but there is a point where issues pile up with no support and my confidence wanes to a point where it feel less like a gem and more like a lemon. After years of dependability with several toyota trucks...I took a chance with the Maverick.

Sponsored

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hey @Ford Motor Company -

Now not only do I have the seat belt sensor fault, I’m getting this error in the Ford Pass app. Not giving me much confidence the truck is super safe to drive….

735FF823-889E-42AA-A7DD-37E4344B5D99.jpeg
@Ford Motor Company - Any chance you want to help me with this? I am still getting this fault near daily. Already took to the dealer once and their response was that bc the warning light was no longer on, they didn't want to go through de-pinning and tracing wiring to find the root of the issue. I contacted them again and it is over a month for them to schedule me. I carry kids in the truck regularly so not super excited to have issues with safety systems that can't get addressed under warranty.

NCbronco

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick2017 F250, 2017 CR-V, 1974 Bronco
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey, Ford Motor Company, my rear belt monitor fault came up on my dash this week, what`s going on here ? My Maverick has 11,500 miles on it now. I am sending you a PM on my information on my Maverick. What`s the fix on this problem ? Thanks

Update : Ended up taking it into the dealership this week and they found the rear seat belt buckle was bad and had to replace it. That funny to me because I never have anyone to use the back seat to even use the seat belts back there. This was my 4th. trip to the dealership, 2 recalls and 2 other issues with only 11,500 miles on it.

Last edited:

Jemers22

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Driving today and out of town. This problem comes up again and now an airbag light... not pleased. 26k 2022 hybrid. All the dealers have a service backlog 23weeks scheduled. Then once it gets in there may be a 2-3 week wait... not what I expected from a new vehicle.

Drove my 2014 prius off the lot and put 140k on it with just basic maintenance without 1 issue.

Ford Maverick Rear belt monitor fault help Screenshot_20231125_174857_FordPass
Sponsored