First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Interesting. It's like there is no rhyme or reason. .... Who knows how they do this?.
It's a Crap Shoot! It has always been a crap shoot. Now there is a strike thrown in for good measure.

Ya place ya order and ya takes ya chances.
Sponsored

MarcoG

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-Max Energi PHEV, Maverick Lariat Hybrid DEC2023
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's a Crap Shoot! It has always been a crap shoot. Now there is a strike thrown in for good measure.

Ya place your order and ya takes your chances.
Strike not affecting the plant in Mexico at Hermosillo, where they are made and is not expected to affect that plant.

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Strike not affecting the plant in Mexico at Hermosillo, where they are made and is not expected to affect that plant.
"The HF45e hybrid transmission used in the Ford Maverick is built in Sterling Heights, MI at Fordā€™s Van Dyke Powertrain Center. The Maverick uses what is called the HF45 e-transaxle. Both the transmission and the e-transaxle are shipped to Hermosillo for final assembly with the Maverick."

The strike may affect the MI plants. That's why it's now even more of a crap shoot than it has been for the past two years.

It is hard to make predictions, especially about the future.

MarcoG

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-Max Energi PHEV, Maverick Lariat Hybrid DEC2023
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Waterick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mav Lariat, '14 Prius, '83 'Stang, more...
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Is the the Van Dyke Powertrain Center one of the facilities being struck or anticipated to be? Seems Ford may have de-escalated further strikes.

Sponsored

Dmthomp32

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I tell folks to anticipate 7-8 months. It may be less depending upon your build, dealer, location and luck. It may be longer. My buddies build FX4 Eco, 8 months. My tremor build arrived 9 months.

Samcat13

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat '22'
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
so I read all these posts and I just figure you all can give me the real truth on time frame of the 2024's.
I understand that the strike will change things so my questions would be based on no strike.

When does the 2024 Lariat Maverick begin production ? Oct?

What is the reality of a time line for a person who orders Today ?

What does the priority number really do ? I know retail is 19 plus but what if a dealer can get it to a 10 or even a 3 ? are those lower numbers really jump you Infront of others. ?

can a person really get a new 2024 built in a reasonable amount of time or is this just a dream?

Thank you all who answer my questions
Scheduling is now for 24
Start building in Oct.
Timeline is 3 mos. to a year
Most dealers give you a 19 if you can get a 10 or lower that great.
We who are waiting are dreaming.
On this site some members are saying all 24 Maverick will be built in 24

gwrace14651

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

so I read all these posts and I just figure you all can give me the real truth on time frame of the 2024's.
I understand that the strike will change things so my questions would be based on no strike.

What does the priority number really do ? I know retail is 19 plus but what if a dealer can get it to a 10 or even a 3 ? are those lower numbers really jump you Infront of others. ?

can a person really get a new 2024 built in a reasonable amount of time or is this just a dream?

2024 Maverick production is supposed to start Oct 16th. I have two builds scheduled. Oct 16th for a Lariat Hybrid 23 rollover and Oct 30th for a Lariat Hybrid new order placed in July. We waited more than a year for the 23 model year and never got it.

No one can tell you a timeline. It's based on your selling dealers allocations. Ours were ordered from two separate dealers to improve our odds of actually getting them

New orders typically get a priority 19 which just means they get no special treatment. To get a 24 Maverick you must place your order with a dealer that has available allocations, You need to ask, Next choose a build, trim and options that are not in short supply and on the constraint list that is published here. The XL and XLT's have a rather long waiting list even though Ford plans to build more XLt's than anything else. A Lariat may be a better choice. Second the dealer must COVP the order and validate your name, address and drivers license and submit to Ford. Once order is submitted to Ford you should receive an email from Ford confirming the order.

Just find a dealer with allocations and a refundable deposit in case you change your mind.

Good luck.

OP
OP
DRICH2027

DRICH2027

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

2024 Maverick production is supposed to start Oct 16th. I have two builds scheduled. Oct 16th for a Lariat Hybrid 23 rollover and Oct 30th for a Lariat Hybrid new order placed in July. We waited more than a year for the 23 model year and never got it.

No one can tell you a timeline. It's based on your selling dealers allocations. Ours were ordered from two separate dealers to improve our odds of actually getting them

New orders typically get a priority 19 which just means they get no special treatment. To get a 24 Maverick you must place your order with a dealer that has available allocations, You need to ask, Next choose a build, trim and options that are not in short supply and on the constraint list that is published here. The XL and XLT's have a rather long waiting list even though Ford plans to build more XLt's than anything else. A Lariat may be a better choice. Second the dealer must COVP the order and validate your name, address and drivers license and submit to Ford. Once order is submitted to Ford you should receive an email from Ford confirming the order.

Just find a dealer with allocations and a refundable deposit in case you change your mind.

Good luck.
thanks So much . I have ordered one as a Lariet on sept 5 and went in as a priority 19. I called him back to ask him to change it to a 10. And he was able to.
Yesterday I talked to the salesmen and he stated it is now a 3 !
Added nothing to the lariet build other than 4k towing.

thoughts on the priority changing from originally a 19 to now a 3 ?

thank you y for your response

gwrace14651

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

thanks So much . I have ordered one as a Lariet on sept 5 and went in as a priority 19. I called him back to ask him to change it to a 10. And he was able to.
Yesterday I talked to the salesmen and he stated it is now a 3 !
Added nothing to the lariet build other than 4k towing.

thoughts on the priority changing from originally a 19 to now a 3 ?

thank you y for your response
The priority change is good news. Ford changed our 23 rollover order from a dealer submitted 10 to a 2. Then the new order was changed from a dealer submitted priority 19 to a 2 as well by Ford. The only option we have on both of the lariat hybrids is the moon roof.

Sponsored

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

In the sticky threads of this section are detailed information about the entire process. Read and learn.

mechatron_prime

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
"Specifically, 400 workers at its Livonia transmission plant and Sterling Heights axle plant in Michigan were given the bad news not to report to work. Including workers previously laid off, the total number of workers sidelined by Ford is above 1,300."

Not looking good.

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
"Specifically, 400 workers at its Livonia transmission plant and Sterling Heights axle plant in Michigan were given the bad news not to report to work. Including workers previously laid off, the total number of workers sidelined by Ford is above 1,300."

Not looking good.
The Axle Plant and the Electric Powertrain Center(where the Maverick hybrid trans is built) are 2 different facilities.

Ford Maverick Really tell me the truth about the production of 2024 Lariat Maverick Screenshot 2023-10-07 at 6.28.34 AM

Ford Maverick Really tell me the truth about the production of 2024 Lariat Maverick Screenshot 2023-10-07 at 6.28.48 AM

todd92

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 (2), Edge ST, Edge Titanium
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How so? Did the UAW organize Hermosillo and I missed it?

Jowdy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How so? Did the UAW organize Hermosillo and I missed it?
No, UAW is not in Mexico. But as the hybrid trans are produced in Michigan, the strike could affect hybrid assembly in Mex.

My pretty basic ā€˜23 EB build just got pushed back again to Oct 16. This could be due to standard part shortages etc., or does anyone know if EB Mavs have parts produced at striking plants?
Sponsored