Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 MAVERICK XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is a project we've been planning for a while until we come out a suitable solution.

Adding a raptor style led amber light set to Maverick is definitely a cool thing to do and I know many of you have been trying to DIY as well. However, as you know, Maverick has 3 models--XL,XLT,LARIAT and each model has its own grille. Therefore, it is hard to design a common light kits for all three models. Finally, we design a hood deflector with led amber lights installed in. As long as you install this hood deflector, you also have a super cool Raptor style led amber lights kits. This idea not only solves the versatility problem but also simplifies the installation of the lights. I want to know you guys’ thoughts.

Whether you like or not, or suggestions for improvement are welcome to comment.
Ford Maverick Raptor style LED amber lights installed in hood deflector 小牛小黄灯-2

Ford Maverick Raptor style LED amber lights installed in hood deflector 小牛小黄灯-1
Sponsored

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I like the shape of the deflector while doubting it's effectiveness but the lights are way too big

Ford Maverick Raptor style LED amber lights installed in hood deflector Cliff-0054

Last edited:

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m on the fence with it, understand the design challenge, but seems too thick on the hood, any way to keep the thinness of a normal hood protector on top of the hood and lower the lights and thickness in front of grill below the hood?

skyhawk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Airplanes motorcycles cars SUVs
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like the looks of it, but my concern would be the wiring. I don't want a long harness that also has to make the jump from hood to engine compartment, like the one that would be required to light up some lamps at the lip of my hood.

And we wont even get into the clips that would be required to secure such a harness and the fact that sticky tape never lasts in the underhood environment. And I ain't drilling my hood to do proper clips.

There's a reason you don't see electrical stuff on a hood. So for me it would be a hard pass.

FordRick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is a project we've been planning for a while until we come out a suitable solution.

Adding a raptor style led amber light set to Maverick is definitely a cool thing to do and I know many of you have been trying to DIY as well. However, as you know, Maverick has 3 models--XL,XLT,LARIAT and each model has its own grille. Therefore, it is hard to design a common light kits for all three models. Finally, we design a hood deflector with led amber lights installed in. As long as you install this hood deflector, you also have a super cool Raptor style led amber lights kits. This idea not only solves the versatility problem but also simplifies the installation of the lights. I want to know you guys’ thoughts.

Whether you like or not, or suggestions for improvement are welcome to comment.
小牛小黄灯-2.jpg

小牛小黄灯-1.jpg
Since we're on the subject of Raptor style, would you consider designing the FORD letters to fit on the grill. I was thinking one piece that would fit over the existing Ford emblem and bar. I would love to have that Raptor look without replacing the grill.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MABETT

MABETT

2.5L Hybrid
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 MAVERICK XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Since we're on the subject of Raptor style, would you consider designing the FORD letters to fit on the grill. I was thinking one piece that would fit over the existing Ford emblem and bar. I would love to have that Raptor look without replacing the grill.
Sorry, we won't. There may be a risk of infringement

FordRick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry, we won't. There may be a risk of infringement
😞 Thank you for response. Hopefully someone can do it, the only other option available is quite a lot of work to install. I wonder how they are getting around the infringement issue.

OP
OP
MABETT

MABETT

2.5L Hybrid
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 MAVERICK XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
😞 Thank you for response. Hopefully someone can do it, the only other option available is quite a lot of work to install. I wonder how they are getting around the infringement issue.
They can't solve the infringement issue. It depends on whether FORD will find them.

OldF150Dad

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Could you make one that says DORF? But it wouldn’t be related to Tim Conway’s fictional character.

Sponsored
OP
OP
MABETT

MABETT

2.5L Hybrid
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website