First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The only thing about red paint is that it never lasts a least in my experience, I had one truck and one car with red paint and always had problems with the paint after about 4 or 5 years, this truck will not be garage kept and the red paint may be a problem eventually.
Yea in my experience you have to keep red coated in either wax or a good sealer. Otherwise it just degrades/fades a lot. I really like Turtle wax hybrid solutions ceramic for a sealer (its a polymer not really a true ceramic).
Sponsored

Mikey

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FE Maverick 1966 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

This is the truck I ordered. Love that rapid red paint and the graphics are cool as well. Mine is s 2.0 ecoBoost and all wheel drive. I will wait as long as it takes for the exact truck that I ordered. 🤩😬👍

Sponsored

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The only thing about red paint is that it never lasts a least in my experience, I had one truck and one car with red paint and always had problems with the paint after about 4 or 5 years, this truck will not be garage kept and the red paint may be a problem eventually.
I had a 2001 mustang gt that was Lazer red. Over the years it turned into Lazer pink....

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yea in my experience you have to keep red coated in either wax or a good sealer. Otherwise it just degrades/fades a lot. I really like Turtle wax hybrid solutions ceramic for a sealer (its a polymer not really a true ceramic).

I have a 15-year-old Mercury Marauder in it's glory color of Black (that was part of the selling schtick :You can have it in any color you want as long as that color is black"). It stays outside, but still shines like new. The catch is how well you seal/protect the paint. It gets washed, claybar'd, waxed every 3 months with ceramic wax. I use Meguiars myself, but do use TW products for the rubber trim). I get compliments on it. I figure if I can maintain a black coat to look that good at year 18, red paint probably won't be more challenging.

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a 15-year-old Mercury Marauder in it's glory color of Black (that was part of the selling schtick :You can have it in any color you want as long as that color is black"). It stays outside, but still shines like new. The catch is how well you seal/protect the paint. It gets washed, claybar'd, waxed every 3 months with ceramic wax. I use Meguiars myself, but do use TW products for the rubber trim). I get compliments on it. I figure if I can maintain a black coat to look that good at year 18, red paint probably won't be more challenging.
Yea you should be fine as long as the paint is half decent. I do mine every 6 months with the TW stuff. Has not faded from what I can tell, has its fair share of dings/bumps from shopping carts though and some jerk dragged something along the passenger side, which scrapped it up pretty bad. Thinking about doing an insurance claim.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a 15-year-old Mercury Marauder in it's glory color of Black (that was part of the selling schtick :You can have it in any color you want as long as that color is black").
At least until they came out with blue, red, and silver.

And there was the complimentary leather jacket.

Sponsored

INFJBax

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota RAV4 hybrid
My Carbonized Grey is going to look great, now I'm a little optimistic! I really thought I'd have a build date by now.

M.A.C.

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 1500 Elevation
Looks absolutely stunning but I'm not paying for a First Edition just to get the paint job.
I thought the same thing in the beginning but when you look at what you get on the first edition and what it would cost to add it to a non-first edition with stand-alone items you actually pay more. A none first edition lariat AWD would cost me $1,030.00 more. A none first edition lariat fwd would cost me $2,670.00 more. I would only save if I went with the first edition lariat hybrid because of not having to pay for the AWD and the 2.0 EcoBoost. I need the 4K towing and AWD.

Again this is a apples to apples comparison.

If you don't need or want all of the options then you will save even more money. For me the paint job is not the main attraction.

I'm disappointed that I can't get the 18-inch wheels that come on the hybrid or the FX4 package.

SantaStephen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.santastephen.org
Vehicle(s)
GLE, Disco II, Corvette
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That’s what I just switched to…saw it at the Chicago autoshow and couldn’t get it out of my brain. Love that color so had to get the FE.

NewBernWolf

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That hasn't been my experience at all, and I'm not known for spending a lot of time on waxing, etc. We don't have a garage, and our two red vehicles held up the same as all the rest.
Sponsored