First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There will always be buyers if something is cheap enough. Another thing Ford did right was setting it up so the base model is cheap.
That’s true, some were crazy enough to buy a Yugo. I’ll take my Mav, over a Santa Cruz, or that Ram700.
Sponsored

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My mother in law just bought one and its perfect for her. Scrambles up our steep rutted driveway nicely and she is running about 28mpg.

My mom pretended to like her old Ford Focus too. :LOL:

OneAlienBoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My mother in law just bought one and its perfect for her. Scrambles up our steep rutted driveway nicely and she is running about 28mpg.
An ok car for the money. Is speculation this is what the next gen EcoSport was going to look like following a partnership in legendary design house Pinifarina. Sadly, it wasn't meant to be.

Ford Maverick Ram 700 Sighted 79626424

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yeah, as an aspiring designer, I can tell Hyundai designers went for the, make it look radical to stand out in the segment approach. l
Hahahaha as an aspiring redneck livin in the country when looking at the Santa Cruz it's a Hundai Tucson with the back whacked off. In fact, if there is one following you, you can't tell if it is a Santa Crews (lol) and unless it gets up next to you

All the blah blah blah blah about "design elements" and "visually engaging" and " futuristic design" and " looking dated " and then saying "reputation for making great and reliable trucks like Ford can " when we all know Ford is suffering from a quality is NOT job one - in fact if you own Ford stock you were sad when Ford CEO Jim Farley says the automaker has quality problems that are undermining its performance and they are adding cameras to the line to catch screwups......

Design takes a back seat to $$$$ and knocking the back off an SUV dont make it a " futuristic design " its just the cheapest way to call it a truck.

Ford Maverick Ram 700 Sighted santa cruz-tucson

Sponsored

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Damn my mother had a Ford Tempo - a truly inspired vehicle ........ one step above a Fairmont

Ford Maverick Ram 700 Sighted 92-94_Ford_Tempo

HotJombalya

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jombee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Ranger Edge, 2022 Mitsubishi Outlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had to pretend to like my 2009 Honda Fit “Sport” when I got it back in the day. I love Hondas but my word I did not enjoy that car much from a driving perspective.

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I had to pretend to like my 2009 Honda Fit “Sport” when I got it back in the day. I love Hondas but my word I did not enjoy that car much from a driving perspective.
Well at least you had the "Sport " model !!!!!!!

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Damn my mother had a Ford Tempo - a truly inspired vehicle ........ one step above a Fairmont

92-94_Ford_Tempo.jpg
My mom had one of those too, well Mercury Topaz coupe.

First Name
Thuy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura, rdx
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here are some pictures I took while cruising in Mexico....

Ford Maverick Ram 700 Sighted 20221115_131936

Ford Maverick Ram 700 Sighted 20221115_131837

Ford Maverick Ram 700 Sighted 20221115_131851

Sponsored

HotJombalya

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jombee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Ranger Edge, 2022 Mitsubishi Outlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Gvmumbral

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gerardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I drove the Ram 700 Lariat in México this past Xmas vacay.

Tops out at 5K RPMs, around 95 MPH if I can remember correctly.

Reminded me how much I hate stick shift.

Drives ok, but it's way smaller than the Mav.

Don't know the MPGs but it was ok, not the 35MPG that my Hybrid gets, but it was good.

It clearly is a economic vehicle (cheap)

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here are some pictures I took while cruising in Mexico....

20221115_131936.jpg

20221115_131837.jpg

20221115_131851.jpg
OMG where is the bed? We had cars with bigger trunks! Also look at the HP rating:

https://moparinsiders.com/meet-the-all-new-2021-ram-700-subcompact-pickup/

Both the SLT and Big Horn models come with a 1.4-liter FIRE EVO inline-four-cylinder engine making 85 horsepower and 122 Nm (90 ft.-lb.) of torque. The upper-level Laramie trim will instead come with a 1.3-liter Firefly inline-four-cylinder engine delivering 99 horsepower and 127 Nm (94 ft.-lb.) of torque. All Ram 700 models come with a five-speed manual transmission and are only available in front-wheel-drive.

OneAlienBoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hahahaha as an aspiring redneck livin in the country when looking at the Santa Cruz it's a Hundai Tucson with the back whacked off. In fact, if there is one following you, you can't tell if it is a Santa Crews (lol) and unless it gets up next to you

All the blah blah blah blah about "design elements" and "visually engaging" and " futuristic design" and " looking dated " and then saying "reputation for making great and reliable trucks like Ford can " when we all know Ford is suffering from a quality is NOT job one - in fact if you own Ford stock you were sad when Ford CEO Jim Farley says the automaker has quality problems that are undermining its performance and they are adding cameras to the line to catch screwups......

Design takes a back seat to $$$$ and knocking the back off an SUV dont make it a " futuristic design " its just the cheapest way to call it a truck.

santa cruz-tucson.jpg
Hate to break it to you, but virtually all the body panels on the Sante Cruz are different than the Tuscon. They look similar, but they aren't the same. Meaning it's not any cheaper per say. You still have to pay the tens if not hundreds of millions for all new body panel stamping molds. A bumper with a shape that's 5% different still requires an all new stamping press.

You still have to do the validation testing, the areo testing, safety testing, so you aren't saving a ton of money. The similarities you describe aren't due to cost. It's designers creating vehicles with a similar visual identity. A practice that's been in use our entire lives.

On a side note, are you ok man? You kinda went off in your response. You seem upset, whatever you're dealing with, I hope it works out.

TonyS

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OMG where is the bed? We had cars with bigger trunks! Also look at the HP rating:

https://moparinsiders.com/meet-the-all-new-2021-ram-700-subcompact-pickup/
Thank you for the link. That is very interesting.

I kinda like it. The interior is good looking. Exterior is at least OK, though the RAM badges front and rear seem too large for the truck. Nice center screen, has standard decent number of amenities.

85 HP doesn't sound like much but then I'm old. My 1983 Honda CRX HF made 60 HP. It was NOT a fast car, but it looked and felt sporty with the five speed manual. It also got 50 MPG on the highway and close to 40 in town. My 2011 Hyundai Accent made 110 HP and it was fine for getting from point A to point B cheaply and efficiently. And it got about 35mph on the highway just under 30 in town. If you don't spend all your time hauling loads of bricks up a steep hill or pulling a 34 foot camper , you could probably do just fine with 85-100 HP. And the USA version of this truck probably gets an engine/HP bump.

What I find really interesting is the truck is offered in standard cab (two door) with a much larger truck bed. Now I LOVE my Mav hybrid and it's four door configuration, but LOTS of people here have said they wish they could get the Mav in standard cab/longer bed version. So here you are.....

And while it would probably cost more brought to the USA and updated for our market, the truck is cheap as F..k... . Starting price under $12K?????
Sponsored

Last edited: