Dealers raising the price right before delivery on Broncos

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette
I originally commented because you said canceled orders as in someone ordered it and then canceled. I think there's some confusion on what you're implying by canceled because canceled and price gauging are two different things. Anyways it doesn't matter, have a good day.
It started out with you saying that an order cancelled by the customer is not a cancelled order and devolved into even more confusion from there.
I agree though, we’ve both put WAY more effort into this than it deserves, lol. Have a tremendous day, yourself.(y)
Sponsored

gwijo

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I know I'm going to catch flack, but I swear, some people on this forum are not happy unless there's something new to worry about! Just take a deep breath already! The past two weeks people were having the vapors that from that released internal Ford memo that "no hybrids would be produced until further notice." Turned out to be not true.

If you believe all these "concern" threads, no one will ever receive their Mavericks. Sorry, but I'm so done with this hand-wringing!

You know what will also improve your general outlook on life...turn the news off for a week! Your emotional and mental health will improve exponentially!
Respectfully, I understand where you’re coming from, lots of sensationalism throughout the forum.

However, we are already seeing evidence of this happening. Dealers are advertising retail orders that they don’t even have a firm timeline for, with ~$10k markup on a build thats ~$27k. See below.
Ford Maverick Dealers raising the price right before delivery on Broncos 3F3E4566-A81E-46D6-A196-15D5A653E023

gwijo

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I know I'm going to catch flack, but I swear, some people on this forum are not happy unless there's something new to worry about! Just take a deep breath already! The past two weeks people were having the vapors that from that released internal Ford memo that "no hybrids would be produced until further notice." Turned out to be not true.

If you believe all these "concern" threads, no one will ever receive their Mavericks. Sorry, but I'm so done with this hand-wringing!

You know what will also improve your general outlook on life...turn the news off for a week! Your emotional and mental health will improve exponentially!
To add on to your original point, I agree about taking a breath and relaxing. I had a lot of concerns at first when discussing pricing with local dealers. A lot of them were offended by just mentioning invoice price matching and were being mysterious about guaranteeing a price.

I ended up getting a signed $0 DORA from Granger Ford because they have experience with a larger volume of Mav orders. I feel confident that if I’m patient on the wait they will treat customers properly. Good luck to you.

olie64

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Im buying on a deal via a sponsorship agreement at work. So i am not worried about a mark up, my price was set before i walked in on orders of the owner of the dealerships.

Wasatch-Man

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
To add on to your original point, I agree about taking a breath and relaxing. I had a lot of concerns at first when discussing pricing with local dealers. A lot of them were offended by just mentioning invoice price matching and were being mysterious about guaranteeing a price.

I ended up getting a signed $0 DORA from Granger Ford because they have experience with a larger volume of Mav orders. I feel confident that if I’m patient on the wait they will treat customers properly. Good luck to you.
As I reread my post, I think it sounded a bit snarky. I didn't mean for it to come across that way. I do understand that there are some folks who've been waiting a long time, and have very legitimate concerns about this entire process, and when they will actually receive their Maverick.

Ford could do a better job at times communicating with their customers! I guess this retail thing is a bit new to all of us, and when you factor in the chip shortages and other supply shortages, everyone's nerves are a bit frayed!

I really do hope everyone gets their vehicles ASAP and are ultimately happy with their Mavericks!

Sponsored

V2WIN

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If this happens to you you can either pay the surprise markup, cancel and walk away or fight. How to fight? You can contact a lawyer and get them to send notice of intent to sue. You can go to your local news station's "problem solver" team, and/or blow up the dealer on social media. It's one thing to know about and agree to a dealer markup in advance, but to slam people with it at the last minute is truly scummy. I just ordered my Maverick yesterday from my local dealer, and there was zero indication of paying over MSRP for the truck. I guess I will see in 6 months when it comes in.
Note to Ford if your watching. If my dealer pulls this my 2017 Escape I'm trading will be my last Ford ever. Yes I will argue & try but if they hold I'm gone.

Trippleplay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well unfortunately, this is the way the model is currently setup by Ford. It's to the dealer advantage to make you walk away from your order, but not mad enough to cause them any issues via general manager, Ford corporate, or social media. This way they get your order, mark it up thousands, and sell it in 10 minutes. Because of this current model, it's to the dealer's advantage and is the fear we all have. Hence this thread and the paranoia. Hopefully it will not come to fruition at the majority of dealerships. But that is why I also placed another order with one of the dealers that are vocal on this forum. They seem very upfront and honest at this point.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Note to Ford if your watching. If my dealer pulls this my 2017 Escape I'm trading will be my last Ford ever. Yes I will argue & try but if they hold I'm gone.
Do you think Ford dealers are the only ones that do "additional dealer markup" or "market adjustment", or whatever other name they choose to call it?

V2WIN

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you think Ford dealers are the only ones that do "additional dealer markup" or "market adjustment", or whatever other name they choose to call it?
Ford is wrong if they allow this. Consumers are use to buying off the lot at below msrp. If they want to change to order they better not look bad at the start. I've ordered other cars to get a color / option & wasn't robbed. Only a Harley dealer tried this in 99, I walked.

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There is nothing wrong with added dealer markups. The problem is with factory orders and dealers trying to scam customers for extra money at the last minute.
Sponsored