Sponsored

Radar Detector with BlendMount and Mirror Tap?

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I searched and couldn’t find it, I have a V1 that I move between 4-5 cars, has anyone mounted a RD to their rear view mirror stalk using BlendMount and powered with a Mirror Tap? On a XLT/Luxury Maverick, is there +12v to the rear view mirror to tap into?

Thanks...
Sponsored

Last edited:

AGW078

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Maverick Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

kkreit01

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Korey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick, '17 Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 V6
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There's not a mirror tap on my XLT Lux (no wires going to the actual mirror). I already had the direct wire kit for my Radenso DS1, so I just ran it all the way down to the fuse box. It was simple -- didn't have to remove any panels other than the fuse box one. The headliner was quite tight in spots.

-- Sorry didn't see the date of OP.

OP
OP

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There's not a mirror tap on my XLT Lux (no wires going to the actual mirror). I already had the direct wire kit for my Radenso DS1, so I just ran it all the way down to the fuse box. It was simple -- didn't have to remove any panels other than the fuse box one. The headliner was quite tight in spots.

-- Sorry didn't see the date of OP.
OP here, yep, that's exactly what I did.

thanks all

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

150 bucks for that plastic mirror mount? Yikes. My V1 sits right in front of me.

Ford Maverick Radar Detector with BlendMount and Mirror Tap? PXL_20221129_140536309

Sponsored

OP
OP

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
150 bucks for that plastic mirror mount? Yikes. My V1 sits right in front of me.

PXL_20221129_140536309.jpg
Good for you if you want to just throw your shit on your dash, run a twisty cord to it all up over your console, over the dash, etc., and call it a day. LOL That's the difference between us.

The mount referenced is highest quality machined aluminum and is designed to work.. I have them in my Maverick, TRX, Raptor, Viper, Pantera, original BOSS 302 Mustangs, wife's SUV, etc...

I guess that's what makes America Great....

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Good for you if you want to just throw your shit on your dash, run a twisty cord to it all up over your console, over the dash, etc., and call it a day. LOL That's the difference between us.

The mount referenced is highest quality machined aluminum and is designed to work.. I have them in my Maverick, TRX, Raptor, Viper, Pantera, original BOSS 302 Mustangs, wife's SUV, etc...

I guess that's what makes America Great....

Why not buy a few more V1s and not have the hassle of moving it around?

OP
OP

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why not buy a few more V1s and not have the hassle of moving it around?
There's zero hassle, the V1 can be removed or installed in about 2 seconds. It simply slides into the mount and locked in. I may actually pick up the new version of the V1 and just keep it in one of my daily drivers but several of my cars are only driven 5-6 times a year and it doesn't make sense to have a dedicated RD for them. The mounts are well worth the $$... 👍

Heyspike

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.johnryan.us
Vehicle(s)
C5 - Fairway Green, SIlverado
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So I have a V1, and was thinking of powering it from the lights up top. I guess it's better to go directly to the fuse panel? Any photos of the panel connection? Thanks.

Juanderosa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So piggybacking on the thread, I would like to have a mount that would go to the right of the 360 hardware above the mirror mounting plate. I don't want it below the mirror as it's somewhat distracting there. Does anyone have a suggestion for that? I've searched and a few mirror mounts or dash mounts come up.

Sponsored

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

So piggybacking on the thread, I would like to have a mount that would go to the right of the 360 hardware above the mirror mounting plate. I don't want it below the mirror as it's somewhat distracting there. Does anyone have a suggestion for that? I've searched and a few mirror mounts or dash mounts come up.
There isn't a universal size so the mount mentioned in this thread will probably only fit a Valentine One.

However, there's nothing wrong and a lot of things right about getting a V1. So just do that?

AGW078

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Maverick Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs