Milous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Alto Blu, LUX, Sunroof, delivered 3/18/22
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have never liked having my radar detectors mounted on the windshield or in the center of the dash. Like my previous vehicle, the Maverick has a great place to mount the detector on the left side top of the instrument panel...

Ford Maverick Radar Detector Installation Radar_01

I made an "L" shaped bracket from a piece of steel plate that I had laying around. I covered the top and the sides with velcro. The bracket slides nicely between the A-Pillar and the edge of the instrument panel, with no mounting screws required. On the right side of the bracket I used short pieces of a glue stick for the "feet" and painted them black. The bracket sits just ahead of the speaker so does not interfere with the sound.

I put 4 velcro "dots" on the bottom of the detector, making it very easy to remove and hide away if I'm parking at an isolated spot somewhere, or if staying at a hotel etc. One could also place a hat or something over the detector to "hide" it.

I ran the wiring below the A-Pillar, and then removed the side panel to feed the wiring down below the cluster and down to the carpet. I actually only had to pry the side panel out a few inches to gain access to the opening. From there I tucked the wiring behind the carpet behind the pedals, and then over to the fuse panel on the passenger side. None of the auto stores in town had a micro3 fuse tap in stock so I ordered one from Amazon which should be here in a couple of days. I plan to put in the 5 amp fuse #1 slot which I believe is switched power with the ignition.
Sponsored