LelandJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'll preface this by saying this is probably a really dumb question.

Anyway, I've never towed anything before, and I don't foresee myself needing to anytime soon, if ever. That being said, if I DID need to tow something, I'm confused about the total weight I could haul.

I am getting an AWD EB Lariat WITHOUT the 4k towing package. I know the bed can haul about 1500lbs, and it can tow 2000lbs. My question is, do you combine those two numbers if you're pulling a trailer AND carrying items in the bed? I know you need to subtract for the weight of the driver and passengers, but for arguments sake let's say I weigh 0lbs. That would mean I can pull a 2000lb trailer AND carry 1500lbs in the bed at the same time for a total of 3500lbs, correct?

Like I said, I'm completely inexperienced with towing, so thanks in advance for helping to educate this idiot ⬅. 😂
Sponsored

Canyon Racer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Your maverick has a GCWR (gross combined weight rating) of 6145 lbs. The max load you can tow is 2000 lbs total (trailer & load) Your vehicle curb weight is on the sticker in the door jamb. That sticker will also give you the exact bed payload. You add your curb weight to your total trailer weight and your total payload (passengers etc) and subtract it from 6145. If there is any balance you can load that much more payload in the bed or anywhere in the vehicle.
Ford Maverick Question about towing 1646498063616

OP
OP
LelandJ

LelandJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Your maverick has a GCWR (gross combined weight rating) of 6145 lbs. The max load you can tow is 2000 lbs total (trailer & load) Your vehicle curb weight is on the sticker in the door jamb. That sticker will also give you the exact bed payload. You add your curb weight to your total trailer weight and your total payload (passengers etc) and subtract it from 6145. If there is any balance you can load that much more payload in the bed or anywhere in the vehicle.
1646498063616.jpeg
Ok, this makes sense. Thanks for the breakdown!

Sponsored

Fastbackjon

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0, 18 Flex, 20 Edge, 21 Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The best and smartest thing you did was to ask! Too many people make mistakes buying a vehicle and not educating themselves on towing capacities. My neighbor bought a 1/2 ton Ram to tow his new travel trailer. He never researched weights and towing capacities. He had the Ram for 2 weeks- traded it in for a GMC 3/4 ton......

OP
OP
LelandJ

LelandJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The best and smartest thing you did was to ask! Too many people make mistakes buying a vehicle and not educating themselves on towing capacities. My neighbor bought a 1/2 ton Ram to tow his new travel trailer. He never researched weights and towing capacities. He had the Ram for 2 weeks- traded it in for a GMC 3/4 ton......
Thanks, yeah I'd rather just ask the question, (even if it makes me look dumb) than take a chance and damage my truck. 🙂

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
"It's a truck, it can tow things, I'm all good, yeah?"

Very amateur but still understandable mistake there. All vehicles have their limits, it's only smart and prudent to be aware of them.

DeanR

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback Tundra F250
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks, yeah I'd rather just ask the question, (even if it makes me look dumb) than take a chance and damage my truck. 🙂
It's better to appear dumb for ten seconds rather than ten years, somebody told me once.

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nope.

One or the other, or a combination of the two to a max of 2k.
Sort of lol its more of a combination of the two that critically reach the tongue weight limit… but i suppose as a safe rule of thumb you could just go by this instead. The actual combined number would be higher, but harder to guage
Sponsored