Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Salesperson told me that my priority code of 19 was not eligible to be lowered because lower priorities are for 21Mavs that were moved to 22Mavs. Is that true?
Sponsored

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That’s a dealer thing. They control codes 10-19 for prioritizing their orders. And if they have some rollover orders they would be right to give them a better priority code.

It has no affect outside their own orders.

Taxman100

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealer put all new 2023 orders as priority 19.

They saved the other codes for any rollover orders. At least that is what my sales rep told me.

OP
OP
Raymundo76

Raymundo76

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

That’s a dealer thing. They control codes 10-19 for prioritizing their orders. And if they have some rollover orders they would be right to give them a better priority code.

It has no affect outside their own orders.
Thanks for the info

Gottahavmav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang 5.0 6 spd.,mx-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the info
I had rollover, dealer kept telling me can't change.Ford said rollovers should be changed to 99, to show Ford that it is roll over (Which Ford is aware of & you'd think between dealer & Ford, it should be handled).However, I spent an hour @ dealer for sales mngr. To have person who enters orders, to change priority code. It was changed & I was contacted the following morning & told that the change to priority 10 had went through. I contacted Ford and was given the 2 vins. Assuming priority code was responsible for being given build dates at the end of January. I'm a roll over not a new order.

Sponsored

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had rollover, dealer kept telling me can't change.Ford said rollovers should be changed to 99, to show Ford that it is roll over (Which Ford is aware of & you'd think between dealer & Ford, it should be handled).However, I spent an hour @ dealer for sales mngr. To have person who enters orders, to change priority code. It was changed & I was contacted the following morning & told that the change to priority 10 had went through. I contacted Ford and was given the 2 vins. Assuming priority code was responsible for being given build dates at the end of January. I'm a roll over not a new order.
No. That is not how it works.

Cancelled 22s were automatically reentered by Ford as 23s w/ priority code of 99. The dealer needed check the order (and make any changes the customer wanted) and resubmit w/ priority 10-19. Then Ford changed priority code to 02.

For rollovers (22s that were unscheduled and had to be reentered by dealer as 23s), the choice of priority code is up the the dealer. Ford recommended that dealers give the highest priority (10) to rollovers, and 11-19 to "new" 23 orders.

After the cancelled 22s are taken care of, I expect that Ford will probably give 02 to some of the rollovers to try to get more of those scheduled early.

Dealers can always change priority codes on unscheduled orders (in the range 10-19). It is easy. Takes a few seconds.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am not saying that wont happen, but I think that is a bit of a longshot. How would Ford go about figuring out which orders are rollovers?
The only way that I can think of is to reference the address-list for the private transition offer, and prioritize the 23 orders COVPd to those same addresses?

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It was more of a rhetorical. Ford will not be doing that. I would not "expect they would probably" do that. A difficult task, for no real benefit.
I'm not sure if they will or not either....
I do work at a dealership....and attended a webinar meeting were some people at Ford did say that they would be prioritizing the rollovers. But I don't know if anything has been implemented, and if so, to what extent.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just want people to know that priority code 10-19 means very little to nothing if your dealer isn't rolling Mavericks in and out of their lot regularly.

I got my Bronco from my dealer in Columbus, OH in April after only 8 months. They are the second largest dealer in Central, OH and probably top 5 in the state.

I have been a hybrid XL order since 10/13/21 and today (12/6/22) 14 months later I switched to an EB.

I also asked my dealer to change my priority code from 19 to 10 (which they did).

Let's see if it matters....

Lonnie gee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda and rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When the dealer changes the priority code for , you aren’t they possibly throwing you perhaps unfairly head of others .or that’s the sum of the thought process here granted it is confusing , Allocations I guess
Sponsored