Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So I put down a down payment on a Maverick at my local dealership that they had ordered as extra stock for their lot-they showed me a few different builds they were waiting on but I have no clue when these orders were placed. I looked at the build sheet f and it says Priority code 40. Would the dealership have any reason to change the priority code now that someones gone and put a down payment on it?
interesting. a long time ago (in waiting for our Mavericks time reference) it was reported Ford would not build ANY stock units for lots until all customer special order retail units were built. Hopefully the dealer is being honest with you. I wonder what official Ford position is currently on stock vs. customer ordered units?
Sponsored

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
interesting. a long time ago (in waiting for our Mavericks time reference) it was reported Ford would not build ANY stock units for lots until all customer special order retail units were built. Hopefully the dealer is being honest with you. I wonder what official Ford position is currently on stock vs. customer ordered units?
You are correct, Ford is not building any stock orders for dealers. Regardless of what this dealer has said, that truck will not get built this year.

matts1234

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Grand Caravan and Dodge Nitro
Priority Code 19 here too XLT Lux. anything with Order code?

Kevin1987

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Priority Code 17.. Lariat Hybrid Lux Package with 360 Assist. Lots of chips in mine, probably a long wait. lol

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I asked the same question of my salesman. He wrote back the following, "Priority Code 19 means this is a retail/sold order code. Which means this order will be in the queue for retail/sold orders". Now if someone can decipher and make sense of that I will buy you a beer!!

I have done searching on my own and have found that 19 is often a default code put on the order. There is a difference between a 10 and a 19 I guess but not much of one in terms of what code gets priority as to build date. A 99 you don't want as that means there is a production problem but anything else does not mean a whole lot. In fact, I understand you have to have special approval from Ford for any priority code under 10.
Correct when the order is placed Priority code is set at 19 by default, The clerk at the dealer has the power to get it changed to say a 10, You can ask the sales manager to have it changed!! Good luck

Sponsored

lajlmt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have a 19, what does that mean compared to say a Priority Code of 10? Is it a production ranking of some sort, or does the number reflect something about the dealership it was ordered from!
I had a priority 10 and am still waiting 636 days..it’s sitting in San Diego

dasblack

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
“All orders go in Priority 19. We don't control that, Ford does. The only difference for a 2023 rollover is that they will go in with a different code so Ford knows that they had a 2023 order in place. It does not impact your order.”
Sponsored