Sponsored

Put in 2022 Maverick Order or wait until summer for 2023?

garrlker

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 AWD Maverick Cyber Orange 4K Towing FX4 Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi!
The title sums up my question.

I'm wanting to get the Maverick, but I was wanting to wait until the summer when I've got more funds saved up to actually do the purchasing.
Now that orders are closing tomorrow at 10pm, I've got a decision to make.

Put in an order at my local dealership now, and get my Mav whenever it decides to build and ship.
Or wait to put in an order in the summer, and maybe get it next Christmas/January.

The 3rd option is take a chance to find one in the wild and take what I can get as well.

I'm honestly a bit out of the loop on what the order process is and would really appreciate if someone could give me a quick summary.
Sponsored

Randy H.

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Honestly, I would consider waiting until the 2023 orders open up and be first in line. By then hopefully Ford fixes any(all) bugs reported here, builds and ships them to consumers faster, and you have a better financial position to get the exact truck you want.

jesse_ohio

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ford Ranger, 21 Kia Forte
If you want a hybrid, option 1 is off the table, as no orders are being accepted whatsoever.

If you want an EcoBoost, I would try option 1. As long as you have no deposit/refundable deposit, there's no real risk. Might as well get in line. It doesn't prevent you from trying options 2 & 3 as well.

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22’ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As you mentioned your running out of time to order a 22’ Ecoboost but Tim has some great advice on ordering. This is just one of his videos.

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Be careful, the wild is getting really WILD! I just spoke to a sales manager here in SW Ohio. I asked if there were any Maverick XL ECO coming in. He just kind of laughed and said "If we get one that someone doesn't want, we will mark it up 8 grand" That is for a bare bones XL. Good luck with your search. I would order one before the gates close.

The process is really simple. Get on Ford website and build the Maverick you want. Place your Reservation and pick the dealer you want to buy it from. They will call or email you and make an appointment for you to come there and sign the paperwork. You may need to put a down payment depending on the dealer. That's it.

Sponsored

HotJombalya

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jombee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Ranger Edge, 2022 Mitsubishi Outlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you want a hybrid, option 1 is off the table, as no orders are being accepted whatsoever.

If you want an EcoBoost, I would try option 1. As long as you have no deposit/refundable deposit, there's no real risk. Might as well get in line. It doesn't prevent you from trying options 2 & 3 as well.
Came here to say the same basically.

If you want an ecoboost put the order in. It won’t cost you anything and you can always walk when it comes in.

In the meantime, wait until MY2023 opens and put an order in day one and also try to score one off a lot of you can get it for or near MSRP.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It depends on if they want a deposit or not. It seems that dealers were asking for 500-1000 down earlier in the ordering season, but many have backed off to asking for no deposit at all now that they see they can easily sell any trucks where the customer backs out of the order.

If you have a dealer who will put in the order with zero deposit, I would 1,000,000% place an order now. Then if you find one on the lot between now and when the order arrives, or the 2023 model is more your style, buy the one off the lot or order a 2023 when the orders open this summer. Then cancel whichever order was less appealing once the time comes.

Your dealer will love you for canceling your first (or second) order. They will be able to mark it up a few thousand due to high demand and sell it within 48 hours.

Thrillhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Waiting until 2023, production I believe isn't going to start until October so deliveries will probably be earliest in November. That's almost a full year.

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22’ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Waiting until 2023, production I believe isn't going to start until October so deliveries will probably be earliest in November. That's almost a full year.
Yep and with a possible price increase.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you wait you will likely have to deal with a price increase but how much? If you buy from a dealer you will pay a significant markup. If you order now you are not really in a financial position to make the purchase but you will have several months before you take delivery to save funds.

It depends on how badly you need a new vehicle and what your financial situation is. If you are not desperate, wait. If you are desperate, place the order today.

Sponsored
OP
OP

garrlker

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 AWD Maverick Cyber Orange 4K Towing FX4 Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wow, I get on lunch and check this thread to see tons of awesome advice.
Thanks everyone!

The good thing is I'm not I'm not in a desperate position for a vehicle.
I'll call up to my local ford dealership and see if they take orders without deposits, if they do I'll place one now.

If not, I'll just wait until the 2023 Maverick orders open up and try to be somewhere first in line.

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford will be advertising the 2023 Maverick with a low starting price of $25,000. :)
And the 2024 Maverick with a low starting price of $30,000.
And the ...

maplefu

First Name
Maple
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MiniVan
Maybe we should consider other trucks instead of F150 or maverick.
Sponsored