First Name
Maximus GP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PriusV, Sonata PHEV, F-50 Mavrick Lariat Hybrid FE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks, I'd like to see it. I looked and didn't find it.
Page 77 talks about needing to be 1 meter or 3 feet to the doors in order for the unlock/lock feature to work in the door handle. ....... it does identify the intelligent access system requires a brief delay to authenticate the key.
Sponsored

LeersMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Maximus GP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sure, let me search for "oh, by the way, if one of your door handles quit, be sure to turn the system off then on and that will unintuitively resolve the calibration issue".
Wait... Oh my, there's no such thing in the manual.
Not only did you not read the manual, instead of being helpful you decided to be nasty and add nothing of value to this conversation.
Thanks for nothing.
Well, your welcome. Kidding aside, are the handles working now?

Did not happen to me, but it does not work as soon as I come up to the truck and tried to unlock it a few times. Found out through the manual on Page 77 the system has a brief delay in order to authenticate the intelligent key.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Fusion has it on all 4 doors. When I got to check out a trainer sample I noticed the Maverick only has the markings to lock on the front doors. Probably saves cost a little on sensors. I assume all four are viable for unlocking, however.
Not sure but I believe I read where only the door being approached will unlock as a safety factor. I think someone said they went into settings and picked which doors would be unlocked including tailgate.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Page 77 talks about needing to be 1 meter or 3 feet to the doors in order for the unlock/lock feature to work in the door handle. ....... it does identify the intelligent access system requires a brief delay to authenticate the key.
Thank you very much đź‘Ť

OP
OP
PanchoBarrancas

PanchoBarrancas

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, your welcome. Kidding aside, are the handles working now?

Did not happen to me, but it does not work as soon as I come up to the truck and tried to unlock it a few times. Found out through the manual on Page 77 the system has a brief delay in order to authenticate the intelligent key.
Sure, there could be a delay, but not 3+ minutes of delay while holding the key in your hand 5 inches from the handle while at the same time another person at the other side of the truck successfully operates the proximity handle at their side multiple times (had this happen to me and replicated it at the dealer).

Sponsored

LeersMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Maximus GP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sure, there could be a delay, but not 3+ minutes of delay while holding the key in your hand 5 inches from the handle while at the same time another person at the other side of the truck successfully operates the proximity handle at their side multiple times (had this happen to me and replicated it at the dealer).
True, since it's only about 1-2 seconds. Did you try both keys? Are both designated admin keys?

I know. I know. It may sound repetitive. Looking at the OM Page 70 on My Keys, there is a admin key or could be more. Just need to check.

Was the dealer able to determine cause yet? or is it too early to tell?

OP
OP
PanchoBarrancas

PanchoBarrancas

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
True, since it's only about 1-2 seconds. Did you try both keys? Are both designated admin keys?

I know. I know. It may sound repetitive. Looking at the OM Page 70 on My Keys, there is a admin key or could be more. Just need to check.

Was the dealer able to determine cause yet? or is it too early to tell?
Both keys showed the same problem and MyKeys was disabled.

The dealer tech said it was an auto calibration routine getting stuck in an invalid value thus rendering the door handle useless. He said it's happened to a few escapes he worked on. He said he reset the calibration software parameters. This auto calibration is necessary for the handles to work even under rain or if your hands are wet, as the handles operate based on capacitive touch sensing like a smartphone screen. Judging from the responses of others in this thread, turning off then on keyless entry accomplishes this as well without dealer tools or much fuss either.

Rockingchair

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Its my turn to have the drivers door not unlock. I have a fully optioned Lariat Hybrid. I can find no listing for security nor any way to turn security on or off on the steering wheel controls. I'm still reading the manual to look for elusive information but I am glad I have the number pad as its faster than digging the remote out of my pocket.

OP
OP
PanchoBarrancas

PanchoBarrancas

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Its my turn to have the drivers door not unlock. I have a fully optioned Lariat Hybrid. I can find no listing for security nor any way to turn security on or off on the steering wheel controls. I'm still reading the manual to look for elusive information but I am glad I have the number pad as its faster than digging the remote out of my pocket.
Menu button on steering wheel >> Vehicle >> Locks >> Intelligent Access

It will tell you to hold ok to deactivate, then again hold ok to activate.

If that fails try disconnecting the battery before going to the dealer.

Sponsored

johnhale

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
This happened to me today. Passenger door would work with the proximity, but the driver side door would not. Followed the steps above to Deactivate Intelligent Access, waited 10 min, Re-enabled it and it works perfectly now on both doors.

The internet and this forum is awesome.

John

Cannedtunafishisgood

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
If I paid for this I would be having the dealer fix this. What happens when the resetting doesn't work to fix the issue? What happens if its out of warranty? If you have documentation that proves issue started during warranty period than you are likely to not pay when system craps the bed. No documents, you might as well kick rocks.

Micheal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Micheal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Escape Hy, 2014 Escape, 2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not sure but I believe I read where only the door being approached will unlock as a safety factor. I think someone said they went into settings and picked which doors would be unlocked including tailgate.
I believe the default is to open all doors, but can be reset to only open drivers door.

Manual page 60:
Press the button to unlock all doors. See Unlocking and Locking the Doors Using the Remote Control

Manual page 77:
Reprogramming the Unlocking Function
You can enable two-stage unlocking function allowing you to unlock only the driver door when you touch the unlock sensor.

Press and hold both the lock and unlock buttons on the remote control for four seconds to disable or enable two-stage unlocking.

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Leaf
my driver door handle just stopped working.. where is the setting? Was searching on the radio screen but can’t find it..

Rockingchair

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Its on the screen on the instrument cluster under security. For me the settings were only visible with the engine running
Sponsored