testa422

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You may want to verify to be sure it’s correct…the picture shows the 4257 switchbacks but the description only mentions the full amber 4257

OP
OP
Pudakis

Pudakis

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You may want to verify to be sure it’s correct…the picture shows the 4257 switchbacks but the description only mentions the full amber 4257
I hope so, went off this video.

rth121

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Whitenight

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat, 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Sponsored

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The cargo lights aren't required on the Lariat version since they, along with the third brake light, are already LED from the factory.
No they aren’t! I replaced all 3 of mine. I thought the center brake light was, but it wasn’t either. I knew the cargo lights were not because they are that ugly yellow glow. The only external LED on the rear of the Maverick is the side marker lights, everything else is incandescent.

Whitenight

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No they aren’t! I replaced all 3 of mine. I thought the center brake light was, but it wasn’t either. I knew the cargo lights were not because they are that ugly yellow glow. The only external LED on the rear of the Maverick is the side marker lights, everything else is incandescent.
Well, mine are LED's from the factory so maybe they screwed up and gave you halogens. Only incandescent lamps on mine are in the tail lights.

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, mine are LED's from the factory so maybe they screwed up and gave you halogens. Only incandescent lamps on mine are in the tail lights.
That may very well be, but I am not the only Lariat owner that has replaced those. So maybe they changed it at some point. My build was 12/28/21.

Whitenight

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That may very well be, but I am not the only Lariat owner that has replaced those. So maybe they changed it at some point. My build was 12/28/21.
My build was 12/06 and here is the Order Guide also:

2022 P758
SUPERCREW® – LARIAT SERIES
STANDARD EQUIPMENT- 8 - Ford Division

The following equipment is standard as indicated. This series includes all XLT content plus the following:

EXTERIOR
● 18” Bright Aluminum Wheel
Cargo Lamp LED – Integrated w/ LED Center High-mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
● Cubby Storage in Bed (Driver Side)
● Handles, Body-Color
● High LED Headlamps w/ LED Signature Accent Lighting & Incandescent Taillights
● Mirrors, Sideview – Body-color Skull Caps
● P758 Lariat Fender Badge
● Silver Grille Bar

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My build was 12/06 and here is the Order Guide also:

2022 P758
SUPERCREW® – LARIAT SERIES
STANDARD EQUIPMENT- 8 - Ford Division

The following equipment is standard as indicated. This series includes all XLT content plus the following:

EXTERIOR
● 18” Bright Aluminum Wheel
Cargo Lamp LED – Integrated w/ LED Center High-mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
● Handles, Body-Color
● High LED Headlamps w/ LED Signature Accent Lighting & Incandescent Taillights
● Mirrors, Sideview – Body-color Skull Caps
● P758 Lariat Fender Badge
● Silver Grille Bar
I am not arguing your point, I thought the same, but I am telling you on mine they are NOT! So whatever the order guide says it irrelevant to me and not worth the hassle to deal with the dealer about it.

Have you opened it to check just out of curiosity? I thought at least the center brake light was, but nope. None of them!

How old is that guide you are looking at? Because the last couple of updates it doesn’t have that listed as you have it above. That was removed. Maybe you lucked up, but I didn’t. LOL :)

The order guide from 8/1/21, 9/24/21, 11/10/21, and 2/1/22 are as follows for the Lariat trim. So I am willing to bet you don’t have LED’s.

EXTERIOR
● 18”BrightAluminumWheel
● Handles,Body-Color
● High LED Headlamps w/ LED Signature Accent Lighting &
Incandescent Taillights
● Mirrors,Sideview–Body-colorSkullCaps
● MaverickLariatFenderBadge
● Silver Grille Bar

Last edited:
Sponsored

Whitenight

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am not arguing your point, I thought the same, but I am telling you on mine they are NOT! So whatever the order guide says it irrelevant to me and not worth the hassle to deal with the dealer about it.

Have you opened it to check just out of curiosity? I thought at least the center brake light was, but nope. None of them!

How old is that guide you are looking at? Because the last couple of updates it doesn’t have that listed as you have it above. That was removed. Maybe you lucked up, but I didn’t. LOL :)
Yes, I opened them up to look at them and Order Guide was from October. Wouldn't be the first time that "standard" equipment was changed midway through production. Guess it was a cost cutting move on Ford's part since it was only the the Lariat and FE version that had them. Touchlink lights in the bed were originally advertised as having four lights. When truck was delivered it only had two. I have the original documents when I ordered the truck that state four were included, but the installation documents that came with the truck now only state two. Ford also made changes mid run on the 2021MY Bronco Sports adding and deleting items. Who knows what else will change for the others still waiting for theirs to be built and shipped. Just another thing that they changed without letting us know about it!

Last edited:

MaVVy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mavvy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

VRausch

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT EB 4K Tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If it helps, it does show the correct item # on an invoice. I triple checked the SKU and the T-4257D is the switchback, which is included in the combo. I ended up only ordering the switchbacks from the combo page a couple days ago, and it should be the correct part. There is an error in the amber description too that lists the same SKU, but it also shows a different SKU for the amber only elsewhere. Hope that helps.

OP
OP
Pudakis

Pudakis

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Ford Maverick Promo for ordering switchback LED bulbs 0415AD56-1918-43FA-9BE3-4ADF420B12FE
Ford Maverick Promo for ordering switchback LED bulbs 923074CE-11F9-4712-9308-4DB0D7BCAF22
Sponsored