Sponsored

Prevent heated mirrors turning on every time I start truck?

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I park my truck in my garage and don't need the heated mirrors/wiper park 98% of the time.
Yet every time I start my truck they come on and I have to turn them off.
I've tried changing from auto to last setting but I believe that's only for remote start, doesn't make a difference anyway.
If I turn off the heated seats and steering wheel, they do not turn on the next time I start my truck. But the heated mirrors turn on every time regardless. Surely you can turn that off?
Sponsored

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has nothing to do with remote start or the heated steering wheel/seats. It's an (undocumented?) feature that Ford has had for over a decade - when it's cold out, the vehicle automatically turns on the rear defroster. It's the same control as the heated mirrors and windshield de-icer, except Maverick doesn't have a rear defroster.

Only unofficial explanations I've seen indicate it's intended to provide extra electrical load to help the engine warm up, though it could simply be an automated assist so you don't have to turn on the rear defroster manually.

Not aware of a way to turn this undocumented feature off; it's never been in the settings menus, but there may be an option in FORScan.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Only drive it in summer. That’ll do it. 😊

Just funning you.

Joe Kelly

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Triumph TR-6, 2009 Accord, 2017 Pacifica
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do not park outside. Mine turn on when it is below 32 where the truck is parked outside.
Sponsored