Sponsored

PPF + Ceramic, PPF alone, or Ceramic Alone? - What to do (and in what order)

AndrewMN

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Chevy Silverado, XLT 4k fx4 on order
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I plan to have partial ppf installed when my Maverick arrives ($400-$900 in MN). My Focus ST and my wife's C-Max both had some of the worst rock chipping I had seen by 50,000 miles. It was worse than vehicles I've owned with 200k miles due to thin soft paint. I really wish the original owners had done clear bra because it really detracted from how they look.
Sponsored

Euby

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm considering a PPF. I live in a rural area and there is always somewhere that I drive that has gravel.

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariat Maverick and 2019 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I found someone who is well-rated to do partial front PPF for me for like $500. I'll probably see the lines but I'm not that bothered by it, and full front PPF was like $1800 which I can't justify on a 25k truck.
I'm with you on partial front PPF. There are different PPF and looked at LaminX but the warrantee is weak, 5 yrs and like XPEL Ultimate Plus. Got a quote on the standard for $925 but don't need the mirrors so say around $850 which is too hard to justify.

Looked around on the XPEL sit and the precut kits are expensive, but the rolls by the foot seems to me the ticket. The 18" roll by 6' seems perfect to protect the front of the hood for $99. But need help with measurements if the is correct plus much more not having a Maverick even scheduled yet for the bumper and partial front fenders. Not sure about seams trying to do the front fenders and how wide is the front bumper for it's widest point and long as the by the roll are highly configurable.
XPEL site by the roll

It seems can do the front bumper with one roll and hopefully piece. The front fender would need to be done at an angle and a lot of cutting so please charm in.

Ford Maverick PPF + Ceramic, PPF alone, or Ceramic Alone? - What to do (and in what order) 20220210_124204-

The reason as using the XPEL site instead of much cheaper ebay link is still want it professional done as don't have the tools for smoothing, especial for the wheel weld grooves and have not ruled out doing myself if the tools need are not hard but the seams scare me. Another option is to get the max width for the bumper and one piece with more cutting and for just one ore two passes from top fend to wheels well. Not sure if I can get away with go over partial headlight.

I'm all ears.

PS. The pre-cut for Lariat trim and the bumper is $256.95. P0575M-U
Ford Maverick PPF + Ceramic, PPF alone, or Ceramic Alone? - What to do (and in what order) P0575M-U_00

The front hood and fenders are $364.95. P0575O-U * but seems a roll would be much cheaper and simple cutting.
Pre-cut Maverick with Lariat sub trim

* Would 30" wide and 9 feet roll cover a better area as it looks like around 24" of coverage area for the kit, partial front hood and fenders P0570-U? Price $247.50 roll 30" by 9'
Ford Maverick PPF + Ceramic, PPF alone, or Ceramic Alone? - What to do (and in what order) P0575O-U_00

Update: Thinking the savings is not enough to go through the hassle of the cutting and if there is enough in the roll. Since the XPEL installer probably gets a 40% discount, will ask about having the precut partial hood and fender for $425 and assuming the bumper is plastic and replaceable if damaged. So the install would get about $205.98 for about 2 hours of work with prep time. Seems like a fair price and get the main high impact area covered.

Or ask them to do the 30" roll with a bit better coverage area for $375. Figure the dealer/wholes sale price is a 40% discount of $99 and more work so add another 127.50 for a fair installer margin of 226.50.

What do you all think as on very little sleep and perhaps over thinking this stuff and not clear if would need a 10 foot roll to cover the partial front fender.

Last edited:

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Received my order at 5:44PM. Met the deliver person, brought it in the house and it was FROZEN. Not sure if it is any good now and reached out to support and have a case number from rightlook?

Ford Maverick PPF + Ceramic, PPF alone, or Ceramic Alone? - What to do (and in what order) 20220228_174657
Ford Maverick PPF + Ceramic, PPF alone, or Ceramic Alone? - What to do (and in what order) 20220228_174809
Sponsored