Sponsored

john463

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick AWD XL
Figured I would submit a pic of my son's XL with the wheels and center caps powder coated a semi gloss black.

Also added the "Black Chrome" ford accessories Maverick lettering.

Totally changes the look of the truck! Happy with both!

Ford Maverick Powder coated steelies with BF Goodrich 245's & tire white lettering maverick-shop-

Ford Maverick Powder coated steelies with BF Goodrich 245's & tire white lettering MAVERICK SIDE
Ford Maverick Powder coated steelies with BF Goodrich 245's & tire white lettering MAVERICK REAR
Sponsored

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hate steelies, but if you're gonna have em, might as well make em black! Looks good!

Sponsored

Santa Fe Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda MX5 RF, 2018 Subaru Crosstrek Premium
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You lost me at white lettering...
I agree. Keep hoping to see the k02's as I am still deciding what tire to go with and always disappointed when the white letters turn up. Seems like a trend. Not a put down but a preference. Great looking truck!

NJMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bodhi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Figured I would submit a pic of my son's XL with the wheels and center caps powder coated a semi gloss black.

Also added the "Black Chrome" ford accessories Maverick lettering.

Totally changes the look of the truck! Happy with both!

MAVERICK SIDE.jpg
MAVERICK REAR.jpg
John 463 question for you. I was going to do the same but assumed the plastic center caps I would need to paint myself. And this is me knowing not much about powder coating, they can powder coat plastics? I assumed they could only do that to metal because of the heating process. Any info would be appreciated. I'm going full blacked out look on mine. Thanks

OP
OP
john463

john463

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick AWD XL
John 463 question for you. I was going to do the same but assumed the plastic center caps I would need to paint myself. And this is me knowing not much about powder coating, they can powder coat plastics? I assumed they could only do that to metal because of the heating process. Any info would be appreciated. I'm going full blacked out look on mine. Thanks
I gave everything to my "wheel guy" and told him I wanted all powder coated black - I think they painted the center caps, but the color / texture off the rims and center caps is the same - hope this helps

TRUCKHEF

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
what size are the tires?

Sponsored

VetteNZMan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Really looks great! I have the same color XL coming in soon, well maybe soon.
I'm really fight hard NOT to do anything initially to tires or wheels. Just got steelies on '87 Ranger powder coated for $75 each and that was with a larger paint job. I went original with those - low gloss silver / chrome color; black may have looked better but kept it old school.

Can you give me some ideas of cost: tires + powder coating? Thanks...