Sponsored

Possible to turn headlights off (including DRL) completely when driving?

XLTforme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I have not received my Maverick yet and I have a question about the lights. I have an XLT model coming, and I was wondering if it is possible to turn off the headlights completely while the truck is running? Do the running lights have to be on all the time? Anyone with a truck already who can answer this would be much appreciated!
Sponsored

BeachBum

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Area 51 AWD Maverick XLT w/ Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have not received my Maverick yet and I have a question about the lights. I have an XLT model coming, and I was wondering if it is possible to turn off the headlights completely while the truck is running? Do the running lights have to be on all the time? Anyone with a truck already who can answer this would be much appreciated!
They don't have to be on, but you'll have to manually turn them off every time you start the truck:

Ford Maverick Possible to turn headlights off (including DRL) completely when driving? 1637008957247

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I assume you mean the daytime running lights. They can be turned off in the settings menu. Owners manual instructions here. Per the order guide, Maverick has configurable DRL's.

Ford Maverick Possible to turn headlights off (including DRL) completely when driving? drl_1

nicobonis

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nicolás
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I assume you mean the daytime running lights. They can be turned off in the settings menu. Owners manual instructions here. Per the order guide, Maverick has configurable DRL's.

drl_1.jpg
Hello People!

I’m From Argentina, in my country the Maverick seems to be a little different in lightning configuration; first of all I don’t have any option to turn DRL off. My model is an 2023 XLT.

The truck will always start in “automatic”, and with Low Beams on (As DRL). If the rotary shifter is in “P” I can turn off every light, but as soon as I put R, N, or D will automatically turn on Low Beams as “DRL”. depending if it is night or not, may turn or not parking lights (Orange 5w, or Rear red lights).

The lariat model, is exactly the same, except will turn the small led bar, instead of Low Beam.

Anyway, I’m looking for two options.

1) Change the DRL lightning to Parking Lights. So instead of starting with low beams, start whit parking lights.
2) Disable the DRL Completely.

And I want to do this because of two factors, one Sometimes at night when arriving home I don’t want to be a Christmas tree (my country may not be safe as America), and second one, in a mall or shopping when I turn on the engine I don’t want to glare everybody (when preparing my car to start driving).

I always use lights as they are supposed to be used.

I have ForScan, and also the OBS adapter. Any clues?

It would be lovely to have this option, but I don’t!

My cluster is the small one.

Have a great day!!!

PS, the attached file basically says there is no option to turn off DRL.

Ford Maverick Possible to turn headlights off (including DRL) completely when driving? Not option to turn DRL OFF.JPG

Ford Maverick Possible to turn headlights off (including DRL) completely when driving? Captura.JPG

Sponsored

Hrenklin

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
WIll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I dont understand why people would want to turn off a good safety feature like DRL.

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I dont understand why people would want to turn off a good safety feature like DRL.
He explained his reason for wanting to.
And I want to do this because of two factors, one Sometimes at night when arriving home I don’t want to be a Christmas tree (my country may not be safe as America), and second one, in a mall or shopping when I turn on the engine I don’t want to glare everybody (when preparing my car to start driving).

I always use lights as they are supposed to be used.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
FORScan should likely be able to add the DRL option/functionality back in. Although switching the DRL to the parking lights doesn't seem (permanently) doable. Some using the switchback LEDs have tried it and the system eventually reverts to utilizing the low beams.

nicobonis

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nicolás
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
FORScan should likely be able to add the DRL option/functionality back in. Although switching the DRL to the parking lights doesn't seem (permanently) doable. Some using the switchback LEDs have tried it and the system eventually reverts to utilizing the low beams.
Yep, already tried that, it reverts, it just works for a moment.
Sponsored