medgar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There has been lot of banter on what camper can be towed with Maverick. Here is a video showing some great pop up campers that would be perfect with the Maverick 4k tow package. I started with a pop up and loved them. They are great for the outdoor oriented RVers who just need a base camp to sleep and eat.

As with any RV/Camper there are pros and cons but this is a great video to get you started. I have zero affiliation with this channel.

Sponsored

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There has been lot of banter on what camper can be towed with Maverick. Here is a video showing some great pop up campers that would be perfect with the Maverick 4k tow package. I started with a pop up and loved them. They are great for the outdoor oriented RVers who just need a base camp to sleep and eat.

As with any RV/Camper there are pros and cons but this is a great video to get you started. I have zero affiliation with this channel.

I really like the clipper design with the solid roof - sure it technically is a pop-up, but there is minimal material sides, it is mostly solid - seems like a nice design.

I am holding out on getting anything for a year or two - I'm crossing my fingers for a large volume of 'regret' purchases appearing on Craigslist and FB Marketplace next year or the year after!

rupzuk

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, GMC, Harley
Hardest I ever laughed was watching a buddy deal with broken cables on his partially deployed tent trailer in the pouring rain…in their defence it was an old unit.
I live in a very wet climate and draw backs for me have always been the limited ability to air them out before storage and the lack of a toilet.
Still good for a lot of people though.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Pop ups are nice and compact. The more I think about it, the more I come to the conclusion that what I really want is a towable toilet and shower. I can sleep just fine in a tent.

Sponsored

Big Dog 85

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Morris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I would look in to a tear drop style of trailer.
I have one. Total wight is 600 lb Rear kitchen an storage sleeps 2,Twin doors will post pictures later tomorrow.

RockHoundTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Most tear-drop trailers are incredibly non-aerodynamic. The shape creates an air-pocket (i.e., drag) between the pulling vehicle and the trailer. The angle of the back of the tear-drop is also wrong on most trailers (too much of an angle) and causes vortices that cause more drag. To make matters worse, most tend to be tall and thus increase the perceived frontal surface area (as far as the wind is concerned, anything higher than your truck is basically a flat surface). Most buyers think a tear-drop "should" be aerodynamic but the actual math says otherwise. You actually want a flat front the same height as the pulling vehicle with as little a gap as possible. A pop-up will probably have half the drag as a tear-drop trailer. If you put some kind of skirt between the towing vehicle and trailer, you will increase your efficiency by another couple of percent (5%-10%?). {too lazy to go look this up in my Aerospace Engineering books but lots of websites dedicated to this subject}

OP
OP

medgar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There is validity to your point if it is a manufacturer marketed “teardrop” like an RPOD. I tow a traditional 5x8 teardrop with galley in back. My MPG drops about 4 mile per gallon with our Subaru. The roofline is just a little higher than the Outback and less if we put a Thule box on top for long trips out. We looked hard at a Maverick for the flexibility of the bed but in the end we couldnt take the hit in massive drop off of quality and our Subariu will go where the Maverick can go

OSRAlyssa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Thanks for sharing this video! Super helpful. I had a Rav4 that could pull 3500 lbs and we've been window shopping for a travel trailer/camper for months. When I got my maverick I didn't realize how much of a difference that extra 500 lbs makes.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Pop ups are nice and compact. The more I think about it, the more I come to the conclusion that what I really want is a towable toilet and shower. I can sleep just fine in a tent.
Just design a toilet and shower for the flex bed. Would be great for the jobsite when you got a date on Friday too!

Sponsored

notliketopgun

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none, Maverick is first car
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Gosh, honestly yes. I don't want wood or particle board furnishings, a flat screen TV, or any of the sort of amenities you'd usually get in a trailer or RV. All I need is a vinyl floor, shower pan, and toilet. Maybe a cooktop, but I already have several camp stoves. Camping is easy. What's hard is staying clean.

Stealth Raccoon

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Chevy S10
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm in agreement with the portable restroom for the ladies - they can rough it, but only to a point!
Sponsored