Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 R Design & 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I am so glad you posted this. I've never seen a teardrop camper that interested me until this one! First of all, it's drop-dead gorgeous! Second, the "built it yourself" aspect makes it a bit more affordable than most. And third, the ability to customize it the way YOU want makes it even nicer.

I showed it to my wife (a "comfort camping" girl, these days) and she said "That would be perfect for a lot of camping trips where you just want a place to sleep!" So maybe there's one in my future? We'll see...
Also, if you guys are on facebook there's a great group -- Lots of ideas, advice and encouragement.

Ford Maverick Got my unicorns hitched up _nc_ohc=-0FgcEXMOsYAX9jEFEu&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2

CLC Teardrop Camper Builders & Owners
Sponsored

JG307

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Go for it! The instructions are great and it's easily do-able for anyone with some patience and a good attitude. I think all in -- kit, trailer, electronics, sandpaper, etc -- mine cost about $6500.
Man, economies of scale and mass production cost savings blow my mind. Not that $6500 is a bad price, but 6.5k gets you a wooden pod with two wheels and 20k gets you a Maverick.

OP
OP
BuddyS

BuddyS

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 R Design & 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Man, economies of scale and mass production cost savings blow my mind. Not that $6500 is a bad price, but 6.5k gets you a wooden pod with two wheels and 20k gets you a Maverick.
It is crazy. Or to think that an engagement ring could easily be $6k. Funny how “value” get applied across different items.

KimoCarew

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kimo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus ES 300H
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It is crazy. Or to think that an engagement ring could easily be $6k. Funny how “value” get applied across different items.
If I bought my wife a $6k engagement ring, I'd still have my $6k (thank you Costco returns) and my sanity. There is an inverse relationship between ring price and length of relationship.

BenTheFox150

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Miata, 03 Wrangler, Maverick Lar Tremor ordered
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dude that is a rad setup! I never thought I would want a small camper trailer but that thing is awesome and the build it yourself part has me sold. Now I just need my Maverick and a couple more years of saving. I hope you have a blast with that thing.
Sponsored