Sponsored

Poll - Maverick Order Holders Communication Preferences

How would you prefer you be notified of production scheduling for your Maverick order?

• Total voters

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda CR-V, 2019 Kia Sportage
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Posting this so that @Ford Motor Company can get an aggregated view of the preference of users here on Maverick Truck Club. Please vote - as @fordvideoguy says, "Only way things change is with feedback"...
Sponsored

OP
OP
theway-yay-ting

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow... one hour since the poll went up, and the vote is so far 43-1 in favor of the OLD email system. @Ford Motor Company please take note - the vast majority want an email about build week well in advance, even if it's going to change and result in additional emails.

For those who've voted, thank you! And for those who haven't please add your vote to the stack!

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
for those craving MORE MORE MORE communications (which the majority will then complain about receiving no or useless information from) and generate MORE MORE MORE follow up questions- why not use Customer Service chat for immediate feedback instead of complaining here about the process?

OP
OP
theway-yay-ting

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
for those craving MORE MORE MORE communications (which the majority will then complain about receiving no or useless information from) and generate MORE MORE MORE follow up questions- why not use Customer Service chat for immediate feedback instead of complaining here about the process?
Clearly the majority prefers more emails, but everyone's entitled to their opinion. :)

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Because hitting Ford Chat is inefficient; for both me and for Ford.
Why should I ping them regularly just to find nothing has changed?
I'd prefer to have them inform me each time the status changes. If I get no communication, I can know that nothing has changed.

Sponsored

Champ

Banned
Banned
First Name
ML
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Miatas, Z06, Outback
Some of us really don't like the "on hold" music selections!

OP
OP
theway-yay-ting

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
3 hours in... @Ford Motor Company hope you are listening. 85 to 4 in favor of the old email approach - more info is better, even if it's subject to change.

OP
OP
theway-yay-ting

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For those in Chicago, feel free to vote for the original email process dozens of times, even if you are dead.
Thankfully, the site only allows one vote per account.

DucFae

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Maverick; Moto - Scrambler UE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wonder if this is just a policy change or if they have a new system and this is simply the easiest way to deploy the information. A lot of times, when it comes to tech changes it's not as simple as just go back to the way it was.

Sponsored

Spectrasonic

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Audi A5 Sportback
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The new system sucks for those who are wating, but unfortunately, I doubt a Ford community outreach employee has the power to change the email system anymore than we do 😅

Sure, they can forward the suggestion but Ford allows us to do that as well.

Philemon

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Probably they are trying to reduce the phone calls/complaints when someone's build date gets changed or people calling wanting more precise information than is available. I really want as much notice as possible. If we can't be given a definite time frame when we order (i.e 8-12 weeks) then we should be afforded as much notice as possible especially if we are deciding what to do with our current vehicles (e.g. do I buy new tires or wait). This really gives less ability for us to plan since we have to keep using our current vehicles like we are not getting a new one for 2+ years. Wouldn't mind this if Ford gave out absolute "will be built no later than" dates.

OP
OP
theway-yay-ting

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
5 hours of voting, @Ford Motor Company , 113 to 5 in favor of the old email approach. Please let management know.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I didnt vote because its out of my hands and I am okay with that.

scotwhoo

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3
You've been waiting since December. Many of us that are asking for more communication have been waiting since June, July and August. I finally received my VIN and build date, but the concerns about lack of communication are valid.
Sponsored