Sponsored

How many orders/reservations did you place?

• Total voters
OP
OP

22Mav

Banned
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT/Lariat.. Undecided still :O
I wonder if this poll needs another category how many people "have you tried to make a Reservation?"

I tried a couple of weeks ago, still waiting on the ORDER.

Probably time for a new dealer?
That's exactly what I did, first one still has yet to get back to me to this day. Second one responded but their fees were something I couldn't digest. Since joining the forum and learning of another dealer's amazing deal, I will have to place a third reservation with them and that will be the one to convert to an actual order. Just waiting a few more weeks until the dealers get them on the lot, hopefully I can sit in one, maybe even drive, before they sell the initial stock units.
Sponsored

abjbrtd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Kona, Thor Citation
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's exactly what I did, first one still has yet to get back to me to this day. Second one responded but their fees were something I couldn't digest. Since joining the forum and learning of another dealer's amazing deal, I will have to place a third reservation with them and that will be the one to convert to an actual order. Just waiting a few more weeks until the dealers get them on the lot, hopefully I can sit in one, maybe even drive, before they sell the initial stock units.
I would luv a local dealer, unfortunately that would require a huge markup and dealer installed options

OP
OP

22Mav

Banned
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would luv a local dealer, unfortunately that would require a huge markup and dealer installed options
Same for me, I gave two local options a chance. The one that actually responded was doing MSRP, but they wanted to tack on vin etching, underbody something or other, whole nine yards of stuff I wouldn't agree to and they wouldn't do without. Not to mention, their dealer fees were high enough as-is, without all the extra.

OP
OP

22Mav

Banned
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you to the 70 participants thus far!

66/88 so far in total
60/88 (68% conversion if we deduct those 6 who ordered without a reservation)

OP
OP

22Mav

Banned
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@MaverickAngler leading the way with 4 or more reservations and 4 or more orders.

How many of each have you placed? Will be helpful in overall conversion rate calculations. Thanks!

Sponsored

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Like @Hdang1980, I made a reservation at one dealer, didn't like the deal, and ordered without a reservation at a different dealer.

So I guess Ford would see that reservation as "cancelled" instead of leading to an order.
My guess is until Ford releases order numbers, they'll lean on the reservation numbers for the good press. Not to mention the power of FOMO akin to the Popeye's Chicken Sandwich phenomenon. Folks who were on the fence will want to get in on the action seeing that so many have already "reserved" theirs.

OP
OP

22Mav

Banned
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 orders from 110 reservations. @ ~72% converting, we're still trending much higher than I would have anticipated.

Our sample is still small and this is primarily enthusiasts, so all is just for fun and speculation. In time, we'll know Ford's actual numbers ;)

Jmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trailblazer and Yukon Denali
Like @Hdang1980, I made a reservation at one dealer, didn't like the deal, and ordered without a reservation at a different dealer.

So I guess Ford would see that reservation as "cancelled" instead of leading to an order.
Did the same thing. Made reservation at local dealer but made order thru Chapman without reservation with them

jechama8

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL, Mercedes GL450
Did the same thing. Made reservation at local dealer but made order thru Chapman without reservation with them
I also did exactly the same thing. One reservation but the dealership seemed clueless, went to competitor and ordered without reservation.

Sponsored
OP
OP

22Mav

Banned
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Out of our first 101 participants

125 total reservations
100 total orders (91 total if we deduct those (9) who ordered without a reservation)

If we look at the 91 orders that converted from 125 reservations, we're @ almost 73% conversion from our lil sample (y)

Last edited:

NewBernWolf

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I placed one. My spouse also placed one. We also each placed an order.

OP
OP

22Mav

Banned
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
286 members online and only 109 votes, let's get some more votes in here. Your results don't have to be final, can always change the answer as you place additional reservations or decide to order, don't be shy :geek:

Roadeyes

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xl
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
0 Reservations (I think) 1 Order
I just went to the dealer. He might have placed a reservation before entering my order.
But I don't know. I would ask, but my dealer is the Most Important Man in the World and will not be inconvenienced with silly customer queries. I should just go flog myself now for even thinking such preposterous tommyrot.

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I predict Ford will not publish actual orders until this Fall. Ford wants publicity and the reservation numbers just adds to the hype. I think that there are actually only 20,000 orders in their system based on other dealers' reports at this time.
Sponsored