Sponsored

Perimeter Alarm on Lariat/XLT, No Interior/Inclination Sensors?

Louie1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
LCP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
After seeing a few threads on the Perimeter Alarm (listed on the Lariat/XLT Window sticker) I am confused.
I am not referring to the $215 Add-on Perimeter Plus Alarm, which appears to be a shock sensor and mentions nothing about motion sensors.
Ford Perimeter Plus Vehicle Security System ~ KN1Z19A361A

The Perimeter Alarm, according to page 85 in the Manual seen here: https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/anti-theft-proximity-alarm.4646/post-99205) is supposed to include Interior Motion Sensors as well as Inclination Sensors. This should be adjustable in the Vehicle Menu under Settings/Vehicle/Alarm. This is not present on my Lariat Lux or another members Lariat that posted in another thread. Locking the truck with the windows down and walking far away with the key to test, no alarm goes off if someone reaches in the truck and waves their arms around.

Did Ford pull one over on us and not include/enable this? I have seen little to no discussion about this Interior Motion Alarm. I will look around tomorrow in Forscan to see if this is an option that can be enabled. Guessing that may be what this sensor in the overhead console is?
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Lb6qtTPvR5vvLxZB6
Any input on this?
Are you, or anyone else, seeing the following setting on your Maverick? I have Lariat with every option -FX4 and this is not a menu item that I see. The following is from the "If Equipped" Anti-Theft Alarm on page 85 of the manual.

Screen Shot 2022-02-12 at 6.57.49 AM.png
I have a fully loaded Lariat, Luxury Package, with the add on Perimeter Plus Package and I still do not have this selection on my menu. Smh Spoke to dealer, said they can’t enable it. Called Ford last week and was told a technician would be calling me. To date, no one has called me back from Ford. Perhaps it is one of the features Ford dropped due to chip shortages. Smh
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gullzway

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a fully loaded Lariat, Luxury Package, with the add on Perimeter Plus Package and I still do not have this selection on my menu. Smh Spoke to dealer, said they can’t enable it. Called Ford last week and was told a technician would be calling me. To date, no one has called me back from Ford. Perhaps it is one of the features Ford dropped due to chip shortages. Smh
Does your Perimeter Plus Alarm work? Shock sensor sets off the alarm?
Ford documentation is full of errors. Such as mentioning the interior motion sensors which don't exist on the Maverick.
Or that the 2022 Maverick has navigation?
https://www.ford.com/support/vehicl...vehicle-topics/6310911125112?name=navigation/

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@Louie1
Honestly, I'm not sure if that menu even does anything on the Maverick. I don't use it. You can set all sensors or perimeter enabled, on the Maverick there aren't any other sensors.

I think it may be for vehicles equipped with the interior sensors, which is why I originally started this thread and the Maverick does not have, so that you can turn those off if you leave the car parked with maybe a pet or kids inside, running of course.
Thanks @Gullzway , I enabled the menu option. As you mentioned, not sure what it does, but it's there.

Marcus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did find out the sequence in the book to temporarily disable the shock sensor does work. Not as easy as a menu option, but it is what it is.

CactusJack

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone that was supposed to be contacted by Ford about this issue ever get it resolved?

Sponsored

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP
OP
Gullzway

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You know, the issue 🤣
I skimmed back through the thread but I'm not sure. Are they talking about not having that menu on the instrument panel that doesn't do anything anyways?
That's probably why it's not there, because the Maverick doesn't have interior sensors that you would need to disable.

CactusJack

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What issue?
The issue complained about multiple times in this thread about the truck not coming with interior sensors and inclination sensors even though dealerships/Ford says they do via words from their mouth and/or advertisement literature, manual, etc.

OP
OP
Gullzway

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The issue complained about multiple times in this thread about the truck not coming with interior sensors and inclination sensors even though dealerships/Ford says they do via words from their mouth and/or advertisement literature, manual, etc.
Oh. I guess I wasn't aware that anyone was told by Ford/dealer that the Maverick had Interior/Inclination Sensors. The Maverick doesn't have either.

It is in the Manual, which is why I started this thread, but my guess is that they covered themselves by the wording "If equipped" under the entire Anti-Theft Alarm System category.

Ford Maverick Perimeter Alarm on Lariat/XLT, No Interior/Inclination Sensors? InteriorSensors

Ford Maverick Perimeter Alarm on Lariat/XLT, No Interior/Inclination Sensors? Inclination

Last edited:
Sponsored

chips46

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2l 2022 ford maverick lariat lux fx4 tow 4x4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I inquired about Alarm a year ago. No reply from Ford, or Dealer. Truck was in to check out alarm, I was told that sensors and tilt was not there, per Ford diagnostic equipment. Dealer placed an inquiry with Ford, no response, Dealer owner placed another inquiry, again no response From Ford.
Had truck in to check transmission in Jan 2023, Dealer placed another inquiry with Ford. Got a reply this time that I had all alarm parts as per window sticker. Perimeter alarm, securicode keyless keypad, securilock anti-theft sys. The owners manual DOES NOT EXPLAIN HOW TO USE ALARM PROPERLY!!!!! Manual instructs that you need to push lock button on key fob. This is not the instructions that should have been in manual. The instructions should read that you have to push the DAM button twice to activate the alarm. I found this out by reading all comments in this thread. Push the button twice the horn sounds, leave a window open so you can unlock door, take the fob out of area, come back and open door. You will get a warning in the truck that if not followed will sound the alarm.
Thanks to Gullzway for this post! look for a small statement in (). I could have been using the alarm for over a year if the instructions in the manual was correct, and not worried about truck going missing as much.
There in NO changes you can make using the options in the dashboard. The instructions that the manual refers to are not for this truck. I have Lariet lux, fx4, trailer tow.
Bottom line, if your window sticker states you have alarm try pushing the button on the fob twice and see if alarm responds, before getting upset.

If someone from Ford reads this, please get the manual corrected so others do not have problems. Proper instructions make for happy customers!!

OP
OP
Gullzway

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I inquired about Alarm a year ago. No reply from Ford, or Dealer. Truck was in to check out alarm, I was told that sensors and tilt was not there, per Ford diagnostic equipment. Dealer placed an inquiry with Ford, no response, Dealer owner placed another inquiry, again no response From Ford.
Had truck in to check transmission in Jan 2023, Dealer placed another inquiry with Ford. Got a reply this time that I had all alarm parts as per window sticker. Perimeter alarm, securicode keyless keypad, securilock anti-theft sys. The owners manual DOES NOT EXPLAIN HOW TO USE ALARM PROPERLY!!!!! Manual instructs that you need to push lock button on key fob. This is not the instructions that should have been in manual. The instructions should read that you have to push the DAM button twice to activate the alarm. I found this out by reading all comments in this thread. Push the button twice the horn sounds, leave a window open so you can unlock door, take the fob out of area, come back and open door. You will get a warning in the truck that if not followed will sound the alarm.
Thanks to Gullzway for this post! look for a small statement in (). I could have been using the alarm for over a year if the instructions in the manual was correct, and not worried about truck going missing as much.
There in NO changes you can make using the options in the dashboard. The instructions that the manual refers to are not for this truck. I have Lariet lux, fx4, trailer tow.
Bottom line, if your window sticker states you have alarm try pushing the button on the fob twice and see if alarm responds, before getting upset.

If someone from Ford reads this, please get the manual corrected so others do not have problems. Proper instructions make for happy customers!!
Glad you got it figured out!

I just checked mine(Lariat Lux Hybrid) and I only have to press Lock once on the fob and the alarm is armed. Reach in and open the door and it gives a warning on the screen, then will start to sound the alarm after about 10 seconds.

KenT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

What is the “DAM button”, and where is it?

chips46

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2l 2022 ford maverick lariat lux fx4 tow 4x4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Check out the fob it's in the middle and very obvious

Mavrik23

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OK, I got the alarm from Ford, installed it like you did and NOTHING. Did the learning thing, all went well as per directions. You say if someone hits the truck with fist or tampers with it it lets out one horn warring. Or breaks a window it goes for 30sec.
Mine done nothing for me the factory alarm did not do. The adjustment knob does nothing. I changed no chip settings. I have an XLT. What am I missing here? Is the unit bad or am I doing something wrong?

Could you please help me if you can. Got it on points from a local dealership. By the way I almost broke off the tabs on the right side like you did with 1 removal, just left it off. Mounted it just like you did.

Please help me out if you can...
Thank You
I had the same experience on my XLT. I got through the VSS Learning to vehicle alright, but then found that the Shock Sensor Sensitivity Adjustment did nothing. I bought the optional LED and connected it to the VSS module. Tried the VSS Functional Test, and the LED never lit up. Called the dealer where I purchased the alarm and we agreed on a module exchange. I'm waiting for it to arrive and I'll try once again.
Sponsored