First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't understand. So your entire 20.3" of bed is filled to the brim, front to back. How does this fold "down" into the bed to open up?
It won't! But you can crawl up under there and dig and shift stuff around for awhile! Then it will!
Sponsored

docroland

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT 2022
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just called Peragon and they said they have no plans yet to make a bed cover for Ford Maverick at this time. Hopefully next year.

Chris McD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I emailed them a month ago asking. Got the same response as the original poster. They have covers for the Ford lineup so it should be a no brainer for them to manufacture one for a truck this hot.

Every time someone talks about adding/removing a stock tonneau cover I recommend waiting and seeing what the aftermarket has. I also suggest Peragon since their design seems like the best, at least for what I want in a cover. Doesn't hurt to contact them and show that there's interest in the product.

Rexus99

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Tacoma
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Terrible answer to his question! If the bed was full to top of your bed or if your load shifted and slid to the front of the bed you would not open that thing. Also the pull rope is not practical at all, getting mixed in with whatever you're hauling. To each his own! Not for me!
Thanks. All the pictures and videos show opening the cover with the bed empty! I had a Tundra with a Retrax rolling cover. I used to fill the bed up with trash and farm waste for the dump. County rules required all loads to be covered or tarped. I stuffed it full and unrolled the bed cover. Sometimes I had to dig some of it out cause something would hang up the cover. I always got r done. I'm not wanting a Retrax because of the canister taking up room in the small bed. Again; how does this cover open with the bed filled up. I can haul 2000lbs of soil for my raised beds - will I be able to open the cover when I get home. A bed full of bagged garbage for the dump. When I get there do I have to dig it all out in order to push the first two sections in front of the bed into the bed to open it???????

daddio211

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot rods, Jeeps, boats
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Guys, I have a Peragon tonneau (color matched) on my 2017 GMC Sierra and I LOVE it! If Peragon is making a tonneau for the Maverick by the time I get mine there's no way I'd consider ANYTHING ELSE!

It's solid, works smoothly and reliably, is secure and keeps the weather out. Further, Peragon has the most incredible customer service I've ever experienced in the automotive aftermarket. Yeah, it's really that good!

My initial concern was the area under the tonneau when it's closed, and how do I keep stuff from keeping the tonneau from being in a situation where it can't open. No problem for me, though, my Little Giant ladder fills that void perfectly and keeps my tool totes and other items from occuping that space.

Seriously, Peragon needs to make these available. I'll bet I can sell another 100 of them!

***No, I don't sell their product. I get so many compliments on the way it looks when I'm driving and people freak out when they see it in operation, that I've probably referred 1000 or more people to their website. LOVE my Peragon!

Ford Maverick Peragon Tonneau covers - company is "looking into it" for Maverick 29060074_10211913853430119_55815583195764883_o

Sponsored

Chris McD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP
OP
hcforde

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Terrible answer to his question! If the bed was full to top of your bed or if your load shifted and slid to the front of the bed you would not open that thing. Also the pull rope is not practical at all, getting mixed in with whatever you're hauling. To each his own! Not for me!
The front of the Maverick Flex Bed has indentations where you can put a 2x4 to keep stuff in its place and out of the way. Now I see Chris McD has the same solution as does daddio211.
Ford Maverick Peragon Tonneau covers - company is "looking into it" for Maverick tb2
Ford Maverick Peragon Tonneau covers - company is "looking into it" for Maverick tb1

wjg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The front of the Maverick bed has indentations where you can put a 2x4 to keep stuff in its place and out of the way
tb2.jpg
tb1.jpg
That my be the saving grace of the flexbed. You could definitely keep anything from reaching/blocking the front of the bed.

OP
OP
hcforde

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just thought of this. Use the flex bed to put a 2x4 in the area just before where the Peragon folds in. Viola. Keeps items from getting in the way of it opening up. Granted, I don't know if that would actually work since I don't know exact measurements and what slots would work best.

https://www.businessinsider.com/2022-ford-maverick-pickup-customizable-bed-flexbed-features-2021-6

Way to go Chris, I was making up my post and unbeknownst to me I grabbed to pics from the same site you posted the URL.

Thanks

OP
OP
hcforde

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks. All the pictures and videos show opening the cover with the bed empty! I had a Tundra with a Retrax rolling cover. I used to fill the bed up with trash and farm waste for the dump. County rules required all loads to be covered or tarped. I stuffed it full and unrolled the bed cover. Sometimes I had to dig some of it out cause something would hang up the cover. I always got r done. I'm not wanting a Retrax because of the canister taking up room in the small bed. Again; how does this cover open with the bed filled up. I can haul 2000lbs of soil for my raised beds - will I be able to open the cover when I get home. A bed full of bagged garbage for the dump. When I get there do I have to dig it all out in order to push the first two sections in front of the bed into the bed to open it???????

You are correct, every product does not fit everyone's needs. I will not be hauling dirt or anything because I have a couple of trailers. I am also getting a Frontier to haul big stuff like a travel trailer but I doubt I will put a top on it at all. The Peragon tonneau can also be taken off, if you need full access and stored at home or in the back seat. But again, no product is perfect for everyone of situation,

Sponsored
OP
OP
hcforde

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There we go with the semantics. NO, there are no hard plans. That is why I said what I said. in my original post. It does NOT mean they are not considering it, it means there are no hard plans drawn up. This is why I say email and texting may be a good form of getting information, it is a poor form of communication. Communication involves the give and take, tone of voice, etc. That is why face-to-face is the best. You then have intonation, facial expression and body language added.

Maybe you are working at the moment, but when you have time, why don't you call. Calling also has more weight and shows a greater interest.
In re-reading this post , my tone was less than cordial, my sincere apologies to "F1PRB22GA" It was a residual of some of the posts and conversations concerning the wording of memo's sent or supposedly sent by Ford concerning the scheduling or non-scheduling of the hybrid. This was not an attack on the poster, but a frustration on my part we may all encounter when something is curt and non-self explanatory. It in no way should reflect on the poster, but is my error and my foul.

ColoradoShooter

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma/Fusion
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This sounds like a great upgrade to the factory hard Tri Fold that I just canceled. I hope they make one for a Maverick.

Nightowl

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks great! Sent them an email expressing my interest if they decide to make them for the Maverick.

MSP

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I called Peragon today and asked if they were going to make a cover for the Maverick. "THEY ARE LOOKING INTO IT" was the answer. Our conversation that followed sounded like a YES, but the final trigger had not been pulled yet. I personally think their cover is the best for the Maverick because:
1. it is metal(aluminum) - sturdy and completely for what is in the truck bed
2. it is completely removable - when you need that full 4.5 feet it is available to you.
3. It folds down into the bed - it does not obscure the vision out the back window.
4. Made in Bruce Springsteen's country (USA) - not big corporate owned and they believe in customer service after the sale.

However, I would suggest that people call and ask about a Maverick cover. That shows interest, the more interest they see the more likely and sooner it will be put into production. It will also put your name on a waiting list. I have the feeling these will be backordered because of the popularity of the vehicle (but Mav owners are use to waiting). Calling them gets you closer to the front of the line. www.peragon.com
peragon2.jpg
peragon3.jpg
peragon1.jpg
peragon0.jpg
I called them several weeks ago. I have a Maverick in production this week and delivery around Halloween. I live near them and offered to drop the truck off for several days and they can make one up, charge me and keep the measurements. They showed less than zero percent interest. They said maybe next year. Customer service guy very short. Good small companies stay nimble and move with markets. Not going to wait a year and let rain, snow and slush weather my bed. I'm looking around, alot of companies out there. Lost the sale.

FortyFiveNorthoods

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I called them several weeks ago. I have a Maverick in production this week and delivery around Halloween. I live near them and offered to drop the truck off for several days and they can make one up, charge me and keep the measurements. They showed less than zero percent interest. They said maybe next year. Customer service guy very short. Good small companies stay nimble and move with markets. Not going to wait a year and let rain, snow and slush weather my bed. I'm looking around, alot of companies out there. Lost the sale.
Would their product even be workable with the Maverick since the raised section for the wheel wells continues all the way to the head of the bed? My understanding is their product usually tucks between the wheel well and the head of the bed?
Ford Maverick Peragon Tonneau covers - company is "looking into it" for Maverick -blue-2022-ford-maverick-xlt-fx4-pickup-pics-3-
Sponsored