Tonneau Covers-best for security?

Blessedintx

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Considering a tonneau cover. Hard trifold or hard roll up? Is there any such thing as a metal one? Best to add to factory build or buy after market?? Don't want soft, definitely!
Sponsored

marpolsdofer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Dodge Dakota 5.2L, 96 Geo Prizm 1.8L
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't know if anyone makes them for the mav yet. Other trucks they make one that is a one piece that hinged up front. My co worker had one. When we had to work out his truck I hated it. It was hard to push up and they don't go up all the way. If something was upfront you had to lean in and hope to reach it or climb in the bed and duck under it.

Mav2Scamp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat FX4 4K tow,19 CRV EX-L
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Considering a tonneau cover. Hard trifold or hard roll up? Is there any such thing as a metal one? Best to add to factory build or buy after market?? Don't want soft, definitely!?
Go factory, they are good quality and look nice plus covered by factory warranty. I went with the hard roll up.

Ford Maverick Tonneau Covers-best for security? 84B2DF77-E39F-4DF9-ABDD-F2CE63F2AE78

OP
OP
Blessedintx

Blessedintx

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
I don't know if anyone makes them for the mav yet. Other trucks they make one that is a one piece that hinged up front. My co worker had one. When we had to work out his truck I hated it. It was hard to push up and they don't go up all the way. If something was upfront you had to lean in and hope to reach it or climb in the bed and duck under it.
Yeah, that's not what I want. Someone posted, I thought, about a metal roll one. But I may have dreamed that, as I dream of my truck! Lol
Go factory, they are good quality and look nice plus covered by factory warranty. I went with the hard roll up.

84B2DF77-E39F-4DF9-ABDD-F2CE63F2AE78.jpeg
I like the look. Now husband is questioning the need for it to be hard. What is the durability of a soft one? I will be driving back and forth to work in it. We don't travel alot, but if we do, will a soft one keep things dry? Is a hard one one prone to hail damage?

OP
OP
Blessedintx

Blessedintx

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Yeah, that's not what I want. Someone posted, I thought, about a metal roll one. But I may have dreamed that, as I dream of my truck! Lol

I like the look. Now husband is questioning the need for it to be hard. What is the durability of a soft one? I will be driving back and forth to work in it. We don't travel alot, but if we do, will a soft one keep things dry? Is a hard one one prone to hail damage?
Is a hard one worth 2x the price?

Sponsored

ziggystar84

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Alto Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you want security, then yes. Soft ones can be cut open with a knife. I live in the city, the exact thing happened to my neighbor this summer.

on average they probably last much longer too all things considered, and they are easier to open/close.

So over time they are definitely worth it I would say.

ffjack15

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you want security, then yes. Soft ones can be cut open with a knife. I live in the city, the exact thing happened to my neighbor this summer.

on average they probably last much longer too all things considered, and they are easier to open/close.

I'm going with Tri Fold it looks more secure but if someone really want'si n bad enough I'm sure they can.

ziggystar84

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Alto Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm going with Tri Fold it looks more secure but if someone really want'si n bad enough I'm sure they can.
yeah definitely, just saying it’s one of the reasons I think the hard roll ups and trifold are worth the money compared to the soft ones.

OP
OP
Blessedintx

Blessedintx

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
yeah definitely, just saying it’s one of the reasons I think the hard roll ups and trifold are worth the money compared to the soft ones.
Wonder which is easier to to open/close?

Rodeoman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0l Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
Blessedintx

Blessedintx

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape

JBnorthTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2013 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

84B2DF77-E39F-4DF9-ABDD-F2CE63F2AE78.jpeg
I'm probably going aftermarket because I excluded a cover from the order to avoid slowing it down. The factory ones are made by the same companies that make aftermarket covers. Someone in another thread identified the precise models that correspond to the Ford versions. Only difference is you don't get the Ford logo. I will probably still go with the Ford version if the dealer can install one at delivery.

Mav2Scamp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat FX4 4K tow,19 CRV EX-L
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes it’s worth 2X the price because if someone cut the tonneau cover in the committing crime will mostly not covered by insurance considering deductibles are at least $500 to $1000.

Heydaddy91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wonderinf what's more durable... Hard tri-fold oe Hard Roll up?

OP
OP
Blessedintx

Blessedintx

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Considering a tonneau cover. Hard trifold or hard roll up? Is there any such thing as a metal one? Best to add to factory build or buy after market?? Don't want soft, definitely!
Ok, different direction: hubby wants to go soft top. How sturdy (except knives, he accepts that possibility) are they? Quality as far as keeping my luggage dry? Quality of fasteners? Ease of use?
Sponsored