JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hello, new here…

I don't think that the location(s) of the PCV has been accurately identified even though I have seen some mentioning!

So I wondered if we have any FORD DEALER mechanics here who can confirm the location of the PCV valve(s) location on the 2022 - 2.0 Ecoboost Mav.

Are there two of them?

I know there is one on the valve cover (left rear looking at the engine) but there are also reports of a second one on the actual crankcase under the intake manifold - which from what I have researched, is a "B" to get to!

I think this is important because adding a catch can to one and not the other is counterintuitive - IMO
Sponsored

Last edited:

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
PCV

OP
OP
CubanRedneck

CubanRedneck

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
...Yes, PCV, not PVC
sorry, just having my first cup of coffee.

Last edited:

jewc75

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Z06 12 Mustang 22 Maverick 93 Lightning 19 GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a friend that is a Ford master tech, says they call the valve cover side the clean side and the one under the intake the dirty side. I was told that only the dirty side needs a catch can. That's what ive done, took me less than 30 minutes to do it after watching a video.

LC48

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, AWD, Carbonized Gray. Highlander Lim
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Pull the intake tube off, reach in and unlatch then pull the U shaped hose and fittings then go back in with your new hoses and fittings. Super easy.

Highly recommend Parker CARB rated fuel hose on this, others will let fuel vapor pass and your garage will stink......

A check valve is handy on the intake side to keep boost pressure out of your can.

Sponsored

LC48

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, AWD, Carbonized Gray. Highlander Lim
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Talking the cold air inlet tube, not the intake as some do. Took about 30 minutes.

ShadowBlack XL440

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a friend that is a Ford master tech, says they call the valve cover side the clean side and the one under the intake the dirty side. I was told that only the dirty side needs a catch can. That's what ive done, took me less than 30 minutes to do it after watching a video.
Did your 30 minute install include removing the intake or did you use another method?

Sponsored
OP
OP
CubanRedneck

CubanRedneck

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Unbolted the intake, and moved it enough to get my hand into it.

Here is the video i watched,

J&L Oil Separator Co. 2019+ Ford EcoBoost 2.0 Bronco Sport, Edge, Escape, Maverick Install 3044D - YouTube
... as mentioned before COMPLETELY unnecessary but I guess I'll have to provide my own video!

I have been busy with life but trust me about 10 to 12 Maverick videos coming your way in May! From proper crankcase ventilation to default drive mode, hitch, cruise control, and more

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The PCV is located under the intake manifold. The valve cover doesn't have one but it is the best place to install a catch can, if that's what you are doing, the valve cover location we use keeps the intercooler/plumbing/turbo and head clean.

jewc75

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Z06 12 Mustang 22 Maverick 93 Lightning 19 GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
... as mentioned before COMPLETELY unnecessary but I guess I'll have to provide my own video!

I have been busy with life but trust me about 10 to 12 Maverick videos coming your way in May! From proper crankcase ventilation to default drive mode, hitch, cruise control, and more
This is your opinion. I own several vehicles and all of them are better off and will last longer because they have a catch can.

OP
OP
CubanRedneck

CubanRedneck

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is your opinion. I own several vehicles and all of them are better off and will last longer because they have a catch can.
No, you got me all wrong! An oil separator is a necessity in any engine with direct chamber injection! Not just Ecoboost or FORDs! VW, Audis, and some Merc Verado suffer from the same illness, carbon build-up in the intake valve. I have an issue with the way it is being recommended. Especially the part about removing the "plastic" INTAKE. I did it without doing this! 5 minutes flat and I have the video to prove it!
Sponsored