donkiboy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here's my first major issue I came across on my Lariat. There is visible condensation on the lower part of the passenger headlight housing. Anyone else seeing condensation built up in their headlights? I searched forums but came up with nothing so wondering if I'm the first owner to come across this issue.
Sponsored

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here's my first major issue I came across on my Lariat. There is visible condensation on the lower part of the passenger headlight housing. Anyone else seeing condensation built up in their headlights? I searched forums but came up with nothing so wondering if I'm the first owner to come across this issue.
Sounds like a trip to the dealer for some of that Ford warranty

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Didn't someone say the headlight assemblies are like $1000??

OP
OP

donkiboy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It is more like a fine mist instead of a puddle so I guess this is just a feature not a defect :giggle: .
Which reminds me that I haven't yet driven it at night so headlight have never been turned on since I've taken deliver of it 2 weeks ago.

Sponsored

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you try to dry it with a hair dryer, remember that you might soften and deform the plastic.

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It is more like a fine mist instead of a puddle so I guess this is just a feature not a defect :giggle: .
Which reminds me that I haven't yet driven it at night so headlight have never been turned on since I've taken deliver of it 2 weeks ago.
Still can't hurt to run it by the dealer and have the service department take a look at it, I'm just saying

spotdog14

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Expedition Limited, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford's latest round of lights leaves a little to be desired. Our 2019 Expedition Limited has had the taillights replaced 3 times now because of condensation.

What is frustrating is that we always park in a garage. Now the vehicle is out of warranty and I had them replaced one more time under warranty so we are relying on the Motorcraft parts warranty.

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I live on the coast in Washington State. Condensation and moisture in the lenses is common. I haven't had any side effects from it. Especially my recent vehicles over the past 5-6 years do not stain or discolor. No mineral build ups. Doesn't effect driving safety, as turning on the headlights usually dissipates the moisture pretty quickly. At least in the main frontal part of the lense. The edges can take longer.

Ford Maverick Passenger side headlight condensation doctor-who-rain
Sponsored