Sponsored

Passenger rear window issue

• Thread starter Deleted member 4163
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1

Deleted member 4163

I received my Maverick in mid-January and have been generally happy with it, until this evening. After driving for three days from Long Island New York back to Miami, I decided to pull over at a rest stop north of Ft. Pierce to close my eyes for a bit. I rolled the electric powered windows down and lo and behold, the Passenger rear window won't go back up. When I arrived home, I put a tarp over the top to cover the window should it rain overnight. My Truck only had just over 8000 miles on it and already stuff is breaking on it.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, if that is your final answer, I suggest you sell it to Carvana, etc. and be glad you bought something with such good resale value!! What are going to replace it with?

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If you are that unhappy - which apparently you are, sell it, take the profit and buy a Subaru

OP
OP

Deleted member 4163

If you are that unhappy - which apparently you are, sell it, take the profit and buy a Subaru
I am considering selling it. I can see this truck will have many many problems down the road. My advice to anybody wanting to buy a Ford: don't waste your money. They have proven to me that they do not have proper quality control.

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I am considering selling it. I can see this truck will have many many problems down the road. My advice to anybody wanting to buy a Ford: don't waste your money. They have proven to me that they do not have proper quality control.
I guess what I was trying to say is rather than coming on a forum dedicated for the maverick - using a rear window as the basis for you having to sell the truck due to " problems down the road" no one is really interested in your negative comments - please sell it and move on.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/70cce120-e3f9-4949-aa07-141dc677398d

Sponsored

mcc63303

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sold 22 Hybrid XL now 24 Hybrid XL, 57 Chevy 454ci
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Please, tell us all what manufacturer doesn't have a warranty on the vehicles they sell (due to a promise of never having any problems) and what manufacturer doesn't have a repair shop in their dealerships because they never need repairs? We all want to know.

Sykotyk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you bump the window lock button while it was down? Did you try it with the controller on that door? Did you accidently leave that controller in the down position for an extended period of time while you were parked? Did you check the fuse to see if it blew or was loose?

Sponsored

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd sell it sooner than later.
No human should have to endure such behavior from a car manufacture!

OP
OP

Deleted member 4163

I'd sell it sooner than later.
No human should have to endure such behavior from a car manufacture!
Sarcasm noted. I brought the truck to the dealership and its will be three days at least. They took me to Hertz for a loner car and the guy at Hertz ran out to tell the Ford driver that he told Ford over and over again not to bring their customers to them and that they don't have any loner cars. So, I am sitting in the lobby of the accessories and service department waiting to see what they can do. I ask you, do you think three recalls (one of which affected me) as well as a broken rear passenger window and a Ford pass/OID that freezes or goes black constantly on a brand new vehicle speaks of quality control or of attention to detail? I don't. You and others can be as sarcastic as you want. Ford and others auto manufacturers love people with low standards and deep pockets. They have found that it is easier and less expensive to apologize and fix the problem after the fact knowing that their sub-par warranties will expire soon and then the soaking can begin. By the way, if all you want to hear is only positive reviews and ignore the truth of the garbage Ford is selling then you all deserve to be screwed by Ford.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sarcasm noted. I brought the truck to the dealership and its will be three days at least. They took me to Hertz for a loner car and the guy at Hertz ran out to tell the Ford driver that he told Ford over and over again not to bring their customers to them and that they don't have any loner cars. So, I am sitting in the lobby of the accessories and service department waiting to see what they can do. I ask you, do you think three recalls (one of which affected me) as well as a broken rear passenger window and a Ford pass/OID that freezes or goes black constantly on a brand new vehicle speaks of quality control or of attention to detail? I don't. You and others can be as sarcastic as you want. Ford and others auto manufacturers love people with low standards and deep pockets. They have found that it is easier and less expensive to apologize and fix the problem after the fact knowing that their sub-par warranties will expire soon and then the soaking can begin.
Actually, I didn't mean to be sarcastic. If you're unhappy with the truck sell it, recoup your money and get something that you're happy with. The market is a sellers market.

OP
OP

Deleted member 4163

Actually, I didn't mean to be sarcastic. If you're unhappy with the truck sell it, recoup your money and get something that you're happy with. The market is a sellers market.
Thanks for clarifying your position. I am seriously considering it.
Sponsored