First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think if Ford would disclose each dealer's allocations this would do more to stop this than anything. Short of that do what you think you have to do.
Sponsored

bearsfan647

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EBike - Future Ford Maverick!
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did anyone put in MY23 orders with multiple dealerships in hopes to have better odds of getting the Maverick?

I'm strongly thinking about doing it for the MY24. Is this something that Ford may catch and/or backfire on me if I go this route?
It is absolutely hilarious how some will tell you this is wrong, as they talk about their 2023 order coming in after they already have a 2022. Or they’ll talk about how they are selling their 2022 to make money for the 2023.

do not listen to a single person here. Ford does not care about these customers, why should you? Do what you need to do to get your vehicle.

Last edited:

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I think if Ford would disclose each dealer's allocations this would do more to stop this than anything. Short of that do what you think you have to do.
Would it? Or would dealers with large allocations be flooded with new orders FAR EXCEEDING those allocations, further exacerbating the problem?

Unless/until Ford goes to an across the board FIFO system, no one is ever going to have it completely figured out. Allocations, priority codes, order date, parts constraints, manufacturing plans for each trim level, profit margins and the secret sauce (Ford magic) all play a role. That's a pretty complex combination and I'm not sure even Ford knows exactly when a particular order will have its ping-pong ball pop up in the scheduling lottery.

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Unless/until Ford goes to an across the board FIFO system, no one is ever going to have it completely figured out. Allocations, priority codes, order date, parts constraints, manufacturing plans for each trim level, profit margins and the secret sauce (Ford magic) all play a role. That's a pretty complex combination and I'm not sure even Ford knows exactly when a particular order will have its ping-pong ball pop up in the scheduling lottery.
What? @gte105u has it all figured out. I guess the rest of us aren't too bright. 🤷‍♂️

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I ordered at multiple dealerships when I placed my initial order for the MY2023 Maverick. I did x2 Lariat Hybrids and x2 XLT Hybrid orders to hedge my bets given constraints and the fact that XLT was 59% of production at the time given known information.

My preference would be for the Lariat, but neither has yet to be scheduled. Maybe they still will and that will be the Maverick I settle on. But fortunately, one of my backup XLT orders have gotten scheduled and has now shipped, so that is the Maverick I am eagerly awaiting.

If any of the Lariat orders get scheduled, I will keep the Lariat and sell my XLT to a family member at cost as his current car is nearly dying and he was excited about the Maverick but missed the boat on the September 2022 order banks.

Given the odds and the frustrating allocations system, I wouldn't be surprised if any of my other orders don't get scheduled for MY2023. If that's the case, it is what it is and I will most likely not place a new order for a Lariat Hybrid for MY2024. I will definitely be glad that I hedged my bets in the first place by placing multiple orders since it only increased my odds of getting a Maverick. You gotta do what you gotta do as a prospective Maverick shopper given Ford's frustrating system. It is nowhere near fair, the allocation gods are something we as consumers have absolutely zero insight into, and it's simply ridiculous that people who have placed only one order at a small dealership in 2021 are still unscheduled at this point.

Sponsored

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Would it? Or would dealers with large allocations be flooded with new orders FAR EXCEEDING those allocations, further exacerbating the problem?

Well dealerships would have a role in this by not taking more orders than their known allocations. Customer would need to be satisfied that is the case. I don't see any way there will ever be a FIFO process.

Last edited:

CTYankee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.catvert68.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
FIFO would probably disadvantage smaller dealerships so I'm not sure that's the answer.

It should be fairly simple, at a systems level, for Ford to recognize multiple non-fleet orders from the same customer in their system and only prioritize one, especially if the multiple orders are at different dealerships. They could auto-generate an e-mail to the customer, giving them a chance to specify which order should be scheduled first. The remaining orders would be flagged as eligible for cancellation if orders are overbooked.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I cancelled both orders. I know Long McArthur did cancel. I think the local dealership kept the order.
Tim has been super up front and transparent about how he ensures that he does officially cancel any order that the customer indicates they want to pass on. I applaud him for doing that to give others in his order bank a chance at being scheduled. I don't recall the specific numbers, but it was not an insignificant amount (the number of orders Long McArthur has canceled) last time I heard. I think it was at least a couple dozen orders.

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Did anyone put in MY23 orders with multiple dealerships in hopes to have better odds of getting the Maverick?

I'm strongly thinking about doing it for the MY24. Is this something that Ford may catch and/or backfire on me if I go this route?
well when you get both of yours and then I don't even get one (again!) and then you pour salt in my wounds by offering your 2nd one at a very high markeup, well I'll think very bad things about you... but you're considering it, so I doubt that concerns you at all... :cautious:

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hybrid MAV, 04 Dakota 4x4, 02 Lexus, 03 V-Rod +
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I placed orders at 2 different dealers. I want a dam Hybrid! When the option came to switch to Eco boost, I switched my XL order and added AWD. The EB AWD got scheduled shortly after. I did this because I needed a Maverick THIS YEAR. I always planned on buying both. I just want the Hybrid way more, and it's still not scheduled. I hope to get a 23 Hybrid, but I will reorder a 24 twice again if I have to. Waiting sucks big time, and I feel for all of those that have been waiting since 2021. Now the cost has jumped and will jump again, making the Maverick less attractive to some. PLay the "Ford game" the way you feel you have to, if that what it takes to get what you want!
Best of Luck to all who wish to play the (no rules) Ford Game!

Sponsored

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I ordered from a local dealer. When I learned that Ford took orders for more than 2X the number of hybrids they planned to produce, I started looking for "rejected orders" at various dealers.

A dealer in my old home town (contacted because I often travel back there to visit my brother) happened to have one exactly like what I wanted coming in later that week - one where the person who ordered it had decided they didn't want it after all.

They offered it to me with a small ADM. That ADM was about the same as the price increase from '22 to '23 models, so I agreed. I gave them a deposit, we exchanged signed "sales order" forms via email, and I proceeded to get excited...

Too excited, as it turned out... Because the original order holder decided at the last minute that he "just wanted to see it" before signing the "rejection notice" paperwork they use. And of course when he saw it, he "just wanted to take it for a test-drive", after which he changed his mind and decided he was going to keep it.

My salesperson got really pissed off with the GM for making her look bad like that, and went to bat for them to "fix this situation!" Turns out they had another order for a Lariat Hybrid (placed on 9/20/22) that was "cancelled" by the buyer, but the dealership had not yet actually cancelled it. They agreed to change it over to my name, and tweak the order to my specifications, and to sell it to me at MSRP.

And that's how I got in the situation of having two orders for Mavericks. That second Maverick is still in the "Ford nebula" along with thousands of other unscheduled orders, but the "local" order is now scheduled with a VIN (but no window sticker yet).

If I was having to wait to order a '24, you bet I would place multiple orders with multiple dealerships. I probably would NOT again choose to order from a dealership over a thousand miles away...

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I see some think ford could stop duplicate orders. Does Ford even have a name on an order if it wasn't a COVP order? I bet they don't. BUT you all forget Ford has no reason to do anything. Doing something COST money. Why waste money? Nothing will change if Fords bottom line is unaffected. .

Till there is some real competition it stays unchanged, Competition isn't maybe till 2025. No there is no 2024 toyota. All BS.

CTYankee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.catvert68.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I see some think ford could stop duplicate orders.
There is a difference between "could" and "would". Of course they could and it wouldn't take much to accomplish. If they had a customer-centric (vs. dealer-centric) culture, they would.

bighap

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I placed three orders with three different dealerships and it hasn't helped me yet. After seeing what a sh*t show the 22s were I figured it couldn't hurt to increase my chances and also not have all my eggs in one basket only to have a dealer try to mark it up or what have you.
Sponsored