Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford Maverick Order questions Maverick order

A coy of my order. I ordered on 8/24 so not that long ago.

First question does this look like a appropriate order? Not a order for them to sell on the lot, forgot the term? I asked salesman and he said yes this a considered a special order.

Second, i know it' has been just shy of three weeks and I have to wait, but should I have a VIN by now? I the salesman about a week ago and he said give it about another week or two.

I asked him to put the priority code to a 10 and he said he could do it after I got a VIN, True or False?

And is there a order # in there somewhere?

Thanks!
Sponsored

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It looks like your set. The order code is in the upper right. The priority is typical for newly entered retail order.

OP
OP
egress555

egress555

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Appreciate it! Can you tell by the order sheet that it's not a stock order?

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Appreciate it! Can you tell by the order sheet that it's not a stock order?
Yes - the 'retail' indicator in the top section means it is a customer order!

Also, with the options you've chosen and being a 2.0, I'm not sure you would have received a VIN yet (you can ask your dealer - the email from Ford on scheduling has not been consistent - many didn't receive one). With that said, this week's scheduling I believe is for 3 weeks of production late Oct/Early Nov - there is probably a solid chance you'll be scheduled this week. If you don't receive an email from Ford or your dealer on Thursday, I'd check in with them on Friday to see if you have a VIN assigned.

OP
OP
egress555

egress555

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thank you! That info helps.

I know like almost all of us I want my order yesterday. I can't imagine being one of those that ordered in June.

Sponsored

Jasperw229

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 22, Lariat fx4, 4k tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You seem to have an identical order to me. Only differences being color and dealership. Good luck to both of us :D

OP
OP
egress555

egress555

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You seem to have an identical order to me. Only differences being color and dealership. Good luck to both of us :D
Yes, good luck to you and everyone! Again, I know some have been waiting much longer than I.

Emily-Perkins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Luxury FX4
Maverick order.jpg

A coy of my order. I ordered on 8/24 so not that long ago.

First question does this look like a appropriate order? Not a order for them to sell on the lot, forgot the term? I asked salesman and he said yes this a considered a special order.

Second, i know it' has been just shy of three weeks and I have to wait, but should I have a VIN by now? I the salesman about a week ago and he said give it about another week or two.

I asked him to put the priority code to a 10 and he said he could do it after I got a VIN, True or False?

And is there a order # in there somewhere?

Thanks!

Ask your dealer for your actual order code. The one in the top left is the "PREVIEW ORDER" code I ran into this issue when looking for information and called the Ford Marketing team and they could not find my order at all. Come time find out I didn't have the correct number.

ccmjr77

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Hybrid, 22 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Have you gotten a confirmation email from Ford yet? I got my confirmation email before I left the dealership, that was back on 7/7/21. I have not gotten anything else from Ford about my order because it has not been scheduled yet. I have a hybrid order so I am patiently waiting. I was told the next communication from Ford would be when it was pulled for scheduling and that is when I would get a VIN.

Sponsored

sdr.speng

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
First question does this look like a appropriate order? Not a order for them to sell on the lot, forgot the term? I asked salesman and he said yes this a considered a special order. (Yes - Retail, so you are good)

Second, i know it' has been just shy of three weeks and I have to wait, but should I have a VIN by now? I the salesman about a week ago and he said give it about another week or two. (You don't get your Vin No. until the order is moved to "Scheduled for Production")

I asked him to put the priority code to a 10 and he said he could do it after I got a VIN, True or False? (FALSE - the dealer can move the Priority Code any time and you need it to be "10" for faster production selection)

And is there a order # in there somewhere? (Your order number is the Order Code = 9864)

OP
OP
egress555

egress555

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Have you gotten a confirmation email from Ford yet?
They did ask me for my email to put with the order. But from what I am reading I just need to be patient till I get a VIN.

ccmjr77

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They did ask me for my email to put with the order. But from what I am reading I just need to be patient till I get a VIN.
You should get an order confirmation from Ford, that is the first email they send out. The Scheduling email is when you get a VIN.
I got mine about 10 minutes after the dealer entered the order, before leaving the dealership. I have not gotten anything else and dont expect to until they pull for scheduling...

OP
OP
egress555

egress555

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I did not get a order confirmation. All i can say is this has been so far a huge learning experience. If I have to order another vehicle again I will be more versed.

ccmjr77

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did not get a order confirmation. All i can say is this has been so far a huge learning experience. If I have to order another vehicle again I will be more versed.
It can be overwhelming, partially due to the misinformation that is out there. I would talk to your dealer and confirm that your email is correct and then maybe call the ford customer service, they should be able to find the order with the information on your paper. They then can confirm your email and you should get the confirmation.
Sponsored