Opinions on options for MY 2023 Hybrid order

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Engine
Undecided
I plan on ordering a MY2023 Hybrid Maverick as soon as I can. I was looking over the options choices for the 2022 and I wanted to get the threads opinions on certain options.

Spray in liner - seems like a no brainer to me. How is the quality on this if ordered right from the factory?

Protective film for hood and fenders ($360 for 2022). Anyone here have this? If so, is it worth it? Seems like it might help protect the paint on the hood especially from those pesky debris that can murder a paint job? Worth it?

Tonneau cover - hard rollup or hard trifold: Would most likely go with the hard Tonneau but not sure which one here. How is the quality? Or is aftermarket a better bet for a hard tonneau cover?

Splash Guards - seem like they might help protect the vehicle somewhat? Worth it?

Any other options/accessories that you might feel beneficial feel free to let me know.
Sponsored

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I plan on ordering a MY2023 Hybrid Maverick as soon as I can. I was looking over the options choices for the 2022 and I wanted to get the threads opinions on certain options.

Spray in liner - seems like a no brainer to me. How is the quality on this if ordered right from the factory?

Protective film for hood and fenders ($360 for 2022). Anyone here have this? If so, is it worth it? Seems like it might help protect the paint on the hood especially from those pesky debris that can murder a paint job? Worth it?

Tonneau cover - hard rollup or hard trifold: Would most likely go with the hard Tonneau but not sure which one here. How is the quality? Or is aftermarket a better bet for a hard tonneau cover?

Splash Guards - seem like they might help protect the vehicle somewhat? Worth it?

Any other options/accessories that you might feel beneficial feel free to let me know.
I got a spray in liner in mine, and am happy with the quality. There is a good chance that it will significantly delay your order from scheduling.

Some with the rest of those options you mentioned. I added hood protector, tonneau cover, and splash guards to mine as well (and am glad I did), but I added them afterwards.

Your Maverick will schedule faster if you keeps those options off. Anything you can easily add later, add later.

MostlySafeBear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Eventually) a Ford Truck
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd eventually like to order a hybrid Lariat with the luxury package, but it includes a spray-in bedliner, which has been a constraint item lately.

What happens in that case? Does Ford just credit you for the unavailable option and build the rest of the order? If so, that would be mostly fine, as I can always get a spray-in bedliner on the aftermarket. The rub is I'm betting that Ford would only credit their cost for it, not what they charge customers for it, or what aftermarket dealers would charge customers for it.

Aza

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'd eventually like to order a hybrid Lariat with the luxury package, but it includes a spray-in bedliner, which has been a constraint item lately.

What happens in that case? Does Ford just credit you for the unavailable option and build the rest of the order? If so, that would be mostly fine, as I can always get a spray-in bedliner on the aftermarket. The rub is I'm betting that Ford would only credit their cost for it, not what they charge customers for it, or what aftermarket dealers would charge customers for it.
They don’t credit you. If they can’t build it as you ordered it (with lux spray in) they skip yours and move on to an order they can build. Who knows what the packages will include for MY23.

Sponsored

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

They very well may remove the spray-in from these packages for 23. Or they may have been able to up the capacity for 23.

If you really want the Lux and it is included, order it that way.

If it is included in a package, Ford will not build your order until they can. The spray-in bedliner in the XLT Lux package is the biggest reason I had to wait 11 months to get mine (along w/ hybrid engine).

PDM33

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have the spray in liner and the front end film protectant. I think both are very worth it! Getting paint protection film after the fact is way more expensive so to get the sensitive areas done for $3xx is a great deal. You barely see it as well, and I have white.

If you have another car to drive and you won't be walking until you get the Maverick, just get the factory options you want and wait. At least that is my opinion on it. I wasn't counting down the days and getting more angry as the days went by while waiting like some other people seem to do. I ordered last June and didn't contact the dealer again until I got an email that the truck was shipping this May. If you're the kind of person that is going to drive yourself (and everyone around you) crazy until you get your truck than order it stripped and add things later. If you are patient and understand the market and realize that it's nobodies fault your truck is taking a long time, order it exactly how you want it. And wait, as long as you have to.

OP
OP

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Engine
Undecided
I have the spray in liner and the front end film protectant. I think both are very worth it! Getting paint protection film after the fact is way more expensive so to get the sensitive areas done for $3xx is a great deal. You barely see it as well, and I have white.

If you have another car to drive and you won't be walking until you get the Maverick, just get the factory options you want and wait. At least that is my opinion on it. I wasn't counting down the days and getting more angry as the days went by while waiting like some other people seem to do. I ordered last June and didn't contact the dealer again until I got an email that the truck was shipping this May. If you're the kind of person that is going to drive yourself (and everyone around you) crazy until you get your truck than order it stripped and add things later. If you are patient and understand the market and realize that it's nobodies fault your truck is taking a long time, order it exactly how you want it. And wait, as long as you have to.
So the paint protection film holds up well to the car wash and rain, etc? I won't be in a big rush to get my Maverick after I order it so if it takes a year that's fine with me. I guess the big question is what options and packages they'll offer for the 2023 Hybrid. I do want the spray in liner and the paint protection so hopefully they continue to offer those from the factory. I'll probably opt for the mud guards too.

Did you happen to buy the floor liners (mats) from the factory too? If so, are you happy with those as well? I see they offer some sort of hood deflectors but those are a dealer installed option so not sure on those.

Did you happen to get a tonneau cover? From your profile pic it looks like your in Ohio (I'm in MI). Also it looks like you have your windows tinted and that looks good with the paint color.

PriusHater

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rocketstem.org
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had my SIBL done after delivery. The dealer sent it out to a local place and had it done at the same price as the factory one. Quality was excellent, both then and now.

My Maverick is the Cyber Orange tri-metallic paint and after nearly 7000 miles, it remains basically flawless (there is a 2" slash in the clear coat on the driver's door that can only be seen in certain light). Despite a recent 2,000-mile trip that included interstates, state highways, and two-lane mountain roads, as well as a torrential coastal downpour, the paint doesn't have a single blemish on the bumper, hood, or fenders.

With that stated, if I had it to do all over again, I'd likely add the PFF for the front of the truck since it was only $360 to have it factory done. The third-party market prices were much higher when I checked into PFF and ceramic coatings last month.

Tirpitz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid+Lux in Velocity Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The general rule of thumb is that if you want it fast do not include anything on your order that can be dealer installed. Let the dealer do it instead. All of the items you mentioned fall into that category. Order without them but let your dealer know you will want them added- they should be happy to do it.

Also note that the 2023 packages are likely to be different than the 2022 ones as Ford looks to remove constrained items to make things easier to build. Unfortunately we are going to have to wait until probably August 2nd to find out what has changed.

Sponsored

PDM33

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So the paint protection film holds up well to the car wash and rain, etc? I won't be in a big rush to get my Maverick after I order it so if it takes a year that's fine with me. I guess the big question is what options and packages they'll offer for the 2023 Hybrid. I do want the spray in liner and the paint protection so hopefully they continue to offer those from the factory. I'll probably opt for the mud guards too.

Did you happen to buy the floor liners (mats) from the factory too? If so, are you happy with those as well? I see they offer some sort of hood deflectors but those are a dealer installed option so not sure on those.

Did you happen to get a tonneau cover? From your profile pic it looks like your in Ohio (I'm in MI). Also it looks like you have your windows tinted and that looks good with the paint color.
I use a touchless high power car wash at least twice a week and it’s totally fine. And yes the bed liner is fantastic!

I’ve ordered the floor liners but they haven’t come in yet. I’ve only had it for a month so I’ll start to worry closer to winter haha.

I got the Gator tri-fold soft cover and love it! It’s cheap, good quality and comes on or off in 2mins. Not completely water tight but nothing really is.

Haven’t heard many good things about the factory mud guards so I’m going aftermarket on those. There are some great options.

Still waiting to get the tint done, hopefully soon. Did a full Graphene coating which is amazing. Well worth the money for the protection.

Good luck with your order sir!!

kcamp317

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ford Escape Titanium Hybrid 16 Ford Escape SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I never was a fan of plastic splash guards. The edge where it wraps around and meets the sides of a vehicle always seem to rub the paint off and can cause bare metal and rust over time.....the complete opposite of what their intention is.

OP
OP

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Engine
Undecided
I use a touchless high power car wash at least twice a week and it’s totally fine. And yes the bed liner is fantastic!

I’ve ordered the floor liners but they haven’t come in yet. I’ve only had it for a month so I’ll start to worry closer to winter haha.

I got the Gator tri-fold soft cover and love it! It’s cheap, good quality and comes on or off in 2mins. Not completely water tight but nothing really is.

Haven’t heard many good things about the factory mud guards so I’m going aftermarket on those. There are some great options.

Still waiting to get the tint done, hopefully soon. Did a full Graphene coating which is amazing. Well worth the money for the protection.

Good luck with your order sir!!
May I ask what a Graphene coating is? Sorry for the ignorance:)

PDM33

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
May I ask what a Graphene coating is? Sorry for the ignorance:)
It’s a coating you put on your paint, like a ceramic coating. This is a 7 year product so it keeps the finish on the truck looking amazing for up to 7 years.
Sponsored