jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Found chips in paint on front fender today, as bad as any chip I had on my 14 year old Honda Element with 225K I just sold. My wife’s 10 year old car doesn’t have any chips like this.

The list of little annoyances is starting to build.

If it’s getting chips after a month I can’t imagine how crappy it’s going to look in 10 years.

Interior plastic scratches easier than any car I’ve ever owned.

Cloth seat covers not mounted to cushions as others have noted and look “loose” in places.

Speakers are junk, we’ve seen the pictures so not surprising.

Im really concerned about the longevity of these vehicles.

I really like the truck but either this is first year incompetence or they cheaped out on everything.

For a $19K truck maybe this type of thing is acceptable these days but when you add features and pay $30k or more this is ridiculous.

I honestly wouldn’t recommend it to anyone right now based on the level of quality on some of these things. Hope the mechanical parts are built better than the rest of it.
Sounds like you should get a quote from Vroom or Carvana and sell it then.
I know Honda will sell you an HR-V (one of the few vehicles they can manage to keep in inventory right now).
Can’t guarantee it will have better speakers, paint, plastic, and seats though.
Sponsored

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Maverick is a great replacement for the Element. I would have bought a new Element but they didn't make one :)
I'm in exactly the same boat. My son totaled my beloved Element a couple of years ago, and I finally found its replacement: a hybrid XL Maverick. Hard to beat the Element for reliability, but I'm hoping for the best.

jdmancus

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick LARIAT AWD, 97 Toyota 4 Runner
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Honda Element comparison: Not saying anything at all, just found this interesting as I was wondering what it would be with 2021 dollars. Elements were sweet.

1644417522774.png

1644417539276.png
Among other vehicles, I have an 04 Element that has 307k and runs well. My ordered Mav is the replacement and I would think it an equal range of price if both were new today. Finally, I'd say if they made the E today I'd be hard pressed not to purchase it.

Akuma72387

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
And PS: Many owners here that have owned for much longer than you, and I don't see the complaints from them. The speaker quality is known. The easy interior scratching is know. Both are solvable for just a couple of $100.
I've owned my truck since October and I have none of these issues the speakers could be a little bit better but that's 30 minutes from work and It's not even a $100 to replace and that would do your front doors and the tweeters in your - which would make a world of difference. Because I haven't had any of the problems that people have been Talking about the worst I had was my truck popped up His service charging system now took him to a dealer turns out there was a plug on the PCM that was a little loose and let a little water in they cleaned it out but Is dialectic grease in it and I have an added problem since my truck's also over 5000 miles. It is unfortunate that people are having problems but considering this is a new model that hasn't even technically been on the roads for more than 6 months I expect there To be some glitches or minor problems that they'll recall or fix for the next Charge of trucks that they make

Sponsored

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mazda wants to be known as the premium option of economy cars and their vehicles are notorious for chipped paint, especially on the Mazda3 line (I was cross-shopping a while back)
Side note- MX50 looks like it might be a hit-

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yeah do you remember the issues with the hoods on dodge trucks back in the day. The peeling paint on cars in the 80s was bad too. You’d see the cracks and then it would start curling.
Thats they have had paint troubles since they mixed the first pot. Why I have always dreamed of having a car without paint. No body filler all hardware and welds exposed. Just clearcoat that dang thing and do it again for free when the warranty expires.

Did you ever see the Bronze Cobra? Its just bronze and polish. They made a Aluminum one and a SS too I think. Not cheap but damn cool, if it doesnt get crushed it will be sitting there 4000 years from now.

Ford Maverick One month in and I’m having doubts R

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Depending if that's gross 20k or netting 20k...that income would be a result of making between $10-12/hr working 40hr/week for all 52 weeks in a year. Even if minimum wage was $15, at 40hr x 52wk that's still only $31,200 gross.

There are definitely people out there working harder to make that $20-30k/yr than there are people who might make 2x or 3x that amount.
Real question
What person over 18 makes 20k or less outside of students as a primary income?
100% buying a vehicle that costs a years salary is a terrible idea (especially a new vehicle!)

Bro time to start working smarter not harder!
So I make $20 in Hawaii lets call that an Ohio $15 and that is being generous. I work 40hrs 4-10s. I chop cononuts for tourist and generally do anything a farm/tourist waterfall hotspot requires in a guy with tools, a truck, and a good brain. 7 years ago this may I worked at Morgal Mfg. in Ohio. They make pulleys, cogs, and other round stuff for tractors and such. They also make treadmill frames(230 a freaking day on 1 line 2 shifts??? who needs that many of 1 brand???) and alot of other stamped sheetmetal parts. I got in there at $10 in 2013, and hired on at $11 6 months later. Standard raises are $0.15 a yearand after 5 years I think it doubles to $0.30 or 0.50, but there is plenty overtime. Its a pretty standard Ohio job. You have to have atleast a couple years of mfg experience and be generally not 18-20. There are alot of jobs like that. Mine had about 100 people working there and it was part of a 3 factory business. Most of them are not making over $15 an hour. And they have families, and they need reliable cars. Not all of them drive new cars but alot of the ones over the 5 year level bought theirs new and a paying them down.

Also the poorer folk vastly outnumber the people making over $50K a year. Somebody has to be buying all these cars. The top 10% arent looking at Mavericks unless they are equipping their fleet or gifting their gardeners.

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Agree with you. The simple things Ford did not get right. The interior quality and longevity is simply not there.

OP
OP
Big Kahuna

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Another thread spreading hate on the Maverick. I had made a comment on someone's post about this bashing issue like others are doing too. I was issued a warning and its labelled under my profile for who knows how long. Are others getting Warnings as well?
I hope moderators or admin can put a stop to this and these posts properly as it is not healthy for a forum that is supposed to help and assist people.
Not sure I understand what you're referencing here.

Are you saying some of the responses are uncivil in regards to my original post and shouldn't be allowed?

Or are you saying my original post talking about issues I'm having is "bashing" the Maverick and shouldn't be allowed on the forum?

Sponsored

Dano

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB/AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not sure I understand what you're referencing here.

Are you saying some of the responses are uncivil in regards to my original post and shouldn't be allowed?

Or are you saying my original post talking about issues I'm having is "bashing" the Maverick and shouldn't be allowed on the forum?
Hey Big Kahuna...noticed a ford rep contacted you on this thread concerning your issues. Did you ever respond to them?

OP
OP
Big Kahuna

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey Big Kahuna...noticed a ford rep contacted you on this thread concerning your issues. Did you ever respond to them?
Yes they asked for some contact info and details on what issues I was having. I basically told them the main issue is the paint. Interior plastic and seat fabric are annoyances right now not something I'd complain about to a dealer etc. My speaker rattle is probably an easy fix.

The paint to me is the main thing and it sounds like some others also have similar concerns.

To those mentioning selling the truck. I have no intention of selling the truck, I like the truck, I just want the truck to look good in the future and maintain value. I have no doubt these issues can be resolved but my worry is I get a bunch of paint chips in the first 2 years and the dealer says it's just normal wear.

It's also possible I don't see another paint chip for the next 2 years...but again I look at what others have posted in the Bronco Sport forums and on here and it doesn't seem so isolated.

Dano

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB/AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes...too bad your experience is what it is. Ford offer any solutions yet? What dealership did u purchase from?

bwayne

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150, 2008 Edge
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Who said anything about being "low class"? You did, not me. There is absolutely nothing wrong with riding a bus or driving a beater and for you to imply there is is an affront to a lot of people that do. Once again, I'm sorry if you were offended by my post, but I stand by my advice. I know nothing about your situation. You've already bought the truck, so my advice was obviously meant for someone else that could be in a situation similar to yours that has not already spent a years pay on a purchase that would normally go down in value as soon as you drive it off the lot. The current situation with used car values is an anomaly, not the norm. That's all I have to say.

PNWMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes they asked for some contact info and details on what issues I was having. I basically told them the main issue is the paint. Interior plastic and seat fabric are annoyances right now not something I'd complain about to a dealer etc. My speaker rattle is probably an easy fix.

The paint to me is the main thing and it sounds like some others also have similar concerns.

To those mentioning selling the truck. I have no intention of selling the truck, I like the truck, I just want the truck to look good in the future and maintain value. I have no doubt these issues can be resolved but my worry is I get a bunch of paint chips in the first 2 years and the dealer says it's just normal wear.

It's also possible I don't see another paint chip for the next 2 years...but again I look at what others have posted in the Bronco Sport forums and on here and it doesn't seem so isolated.
Ford has about two ways to resolve the issue on already built trucks. It is an issue and is being reported by plenty of people.
  • Repaint all the already built trucks using the right process and/or better quality of paint(s). Not likely to happen.
  • Repair the chips and then pay for a clear wrap on the early production trucks.
It would have to be a wrap because the chip issue is in multiple locations. The hood and along the lower sides of the truck at the rocker panels. A simple bra isn't nearly enough to cover the main impact areas. It would require the entire hood and at least the lower half of each side of the truck to be covered.

It would be interesting to see how thick the paint on the truck is. Anyone have a meter?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.