Jav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I placed an order for Ford Maverick 22 model in January 2022 with my Ford dealership. As per the dealership, they put the order in with Ford in the month of March. Before the booking closed, 10 days ago I went to my ford dealership to make changes with my Maverick build before we submit it. The dealership made changes and submitted my order with Ford and gave me a signed purchase order agreement with a copy of my order details with sales and order code #'s on it. When i inquired from Ford about the status of my Maverick order (which is now 23)with my order details they mentioned completely different vehicle information for my order. They mentioned this order is for Ford Transit Xl instead of Maverick Xl and is currently in production but the dealership mentioned they have submitted the order with Ford correctly. Please advise/suggest. I hate to end my quest for a Maverick.
Sponsored

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Double check with Ford... Transit XL is odd. Did you get an email from Ford for your 23 confirmation?

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Take delivery of the Transit but tell them you'll pay Maverick price, the one that's on paper. It's their mistake so let them eat the cost.

Sell the Transit and make profit then buy the Maverick cash!

Cha-ching!!!

OP
OP
Jav23

Jav23

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Double check with Ford... Transit XL is odd. Did you get an email from Ford for your 23 confirmation?
Haven't received any confirmation...

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jav23

Jav23

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If the dealership reused the sales/order number Ford may be pulling up a different vehicle.
As per dealership everything is correct on their end but as per Ford marketing Dept. the information they see on their end is same as what dealer has so...I guess I am in a never resolved situation 😥

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

As per dealership everything is correct on their end but as per Ford marketing Dept. the information they see on their end is same as what dealer has so...I guess I am in a never resolved situation 😥
Call Ford Marketing… have your dealers phone number.. ask Ford Marketing to 3 way call the dealer. Let them explain it. Easy solution.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I placed an order for Ford Maverick 22 model in January 2022 with my Ford dealership. As per the dealership, they put the order in with Ford in the month of March. Before the booking closed, 10 days ago I went to my ford dealership to make changes with my Maverick build before we submit it. The dealership made changes and submitted my order with Ford and gave me a signed purchase order agreement with a copy of my order details with sales and order code #'s on it. When i inquired from Ford about the status of my Maverick order (which is now 23)with my order details they mentioned completely different vehicle information for my order. They mentioned this order is for Ford Transit Xl instead of Maverick Xl and is currently in production but the dealership mentioned they have submitted the order with Ford correctly. Please advise/suggest. I hate to end my quest for a Maverick.
somebody messed up there... IIRC January 27, 2022 was cutoff date for last MY2022 Maverick orders and March 3rd? was final date where all ROVP submissions had to be confirmed by Ford or your order didn't get approved in the system. I believe they also stopped allowing changes around end of June.

OP
OP
Jav23

Jav23

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

somebody messed up there... IIRC January 27, 2022 was cutoff date for last MY2022 Maverick orders and March 3rd? was final date where all ROVP submissions had to be confirmed by Ford or your order didn't get approved in the system. I believe they also stopped allowing changes around end of June.
Not sure who made this mess.

SoCalPaddy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford Expedition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The Dealer assigns Order Code. It is possible for them to use the same order code on different vehicles. Some do this on purpose for different reasons. That Transit is probably someone else's order.Your MY23 order would be a brand new order, different order code. The sales person can look up your order with your name. COVP is not the customers problem this year! Good Luck!

Sponsored

Nugget

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you have any paperwork? Body code and order number would be helpful. It is hard to accidently order the wrong vehicle in WBDO.

OP
OP
Jav23

Jav23

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Do you have any paperwork? Body code and order number would be helpful. It is hard to accidently order the wrong vehicle in WBDO.
Yes I do have all the details...

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Post your DORA, etc.

Last edited:
OP