First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Age 50-55. I had the first low-rider truck in my town in the late 80's. It was a 79 Datsun king cab. I finally got back into it about 10 years ago with a 93 Toyota Pickup. And my most recent truck listed in my profile is an 89 Toyota Xtra cab. This is my project truck and my daily driver is a 2013 Honda CRZ Hybrid that sometimes gets 42 miles/gallon. However, it is only a 2 seater which in inconvient now with my grandkids. I just ran across the Mavericks and saw where some people have lowered them. I am going to sell my CRZ and maybe my old Truck at some point and get a Maverick. I called the dealer yesterday and the order bank opens back up next month and I will be ordering one. I am so excited about this new truck that gets the same gas milage as my car. I will be getting the cactus gray, lowering it and adding nice rims.
Sponsored

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The order banks are opening back up this month, although there does seem to be some debate as to which day specifically.

Not trying to be Debbie Downer here, but my suggestion is to temper your excitement with the fact that it could be a very long wait to get your Maverick. I would suggest finding a dealer like now and pre-ordering.

OP
OP
familiesr4ever
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The order banks are opening back up this month, although there does seem to be some debate as to which day specifically.

Not trying to be Debbie Downer here, but my suggestion is to temper your excitement with the fact that it could be a very long wait to get your Maverick. I would suggest finding a dealer like now and pre-ordering.
Thanks! Yeah, not in a huge hurry but when I tried to pre-order, my small town dealer said he could not order until the order bank opened back up. Is that not correct?

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Correct on not being able to order, but many dealers, including mine, are accepting pre-orders. This is simply nothing more than you telling the dealer what you want, (s)he takes your info, driver's license info and the like and readies everything for the day the order banks open. On the big day your order is placed as you related it to the dealer based on what we currently know for MY22. Then, after the order is in, you can review it and see what if any changes you wish to make based on the new MY23 info.

You may not be in a hurry and that is your choice, but bear in mind these trucks are going to sell out quickly. I would no be surprised orders will be cut off by Thanksgiving. The best indicator of future developments is past performance.

Rojo

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT, Alto Blue, AWD Eco-Boost, Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks! Yeah, not in a huge hurry but when I tried to pre-order, my small town dealer said he could not order until the order bank opened back up. Is that not correct?
Seems to be about a 9 month wait on average, depending on your options. If you get a XL Ecoboost with no extra's your are more likely to get it quicker but that is not a guarantee.

Sponsored

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm not a big Maverick fanboy, but I do love all the customizations owners are doing. That is gonna be fun to watch over the next few years. Can't wait to see the pics of your lowered Mav. What I haven't seen yet is a Maverick with flames. Just saying...

OP
OP
familiesr4ever
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm not a big Maverick fanboy, but I do love all the customizations owners are doing. That is gonna be fun to watch over the next few years. Can't wait to see the pics of your lowered Mav. What I haven't seen yet is a Maverick with flames. Just saying...
Great idea!

OP
OP
familiesr4ever
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Seems to be about a 9 month wait on average, depending on your options. If you get a XL Ecoboost with no extra's your are more likely to get it quicker but that is not a guarantee.
Good to know. I was planning on and XL with a sprayed in bedliner and hitch. I plan to customize everytying else.

Reactions: wjg
OP
OP
familiesr4ever
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Correct on not being able to order, but many dealers, including mine, are accepting pre-orders. This is simply nothing more than you telling the dealer what you want, (s)he takes your info, driver's license info and the like and readies everything for the day the order banks open. On the big day your order is placed as you related it to the dealer based on what we currently know for MY22. Then, after the order is in, you can review it and see what if any changes you wish to make based on the new MY23 info.

You may not be in a hurry and that is your choice, but bear in mind these trucks are going to sell out quickly. I would no be surprised orders will be cut off by Thanksgiving. The best indicator of future developments is past performance.
Good info! Have you heard if the 2023 models will be availble in this next round of orders?

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sponsored

daddio211

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot rods, Jeeps, boats
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Fellow late 80's mini-trucker here too, and my Mav will be in the weeds.

There's a group on Facebook called Lowered Ford Maverick that has some good specific info for lowering.

catinthebathtub

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
haas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 GT 350, 60 VW, 34 pickup and porsches....
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Age 50-55. I had the first low-rider truck in my town in the late 80's. It was a 79 Datsun king cab.
i'm over 60. in the 80's i had a hotrod rabbit truck, a new Isuzu lowered on MB-AMG wheels i made adapters to fit and in 90 i bought a new Toyota and machined supra wheels to fit. i haven't owned a mini truck since then. my maverick today.
Ford Maverick Old School returns A51

Last edited:
OP
OP
familiesr4ever
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Fellow late 80's mini-trucker here too, and my Mav will be in the weeds.

There's a group on Facebook called Lowered Ford Maverick that has some good specific info for lowering.
Great to hear! I will look that one up and nice to meet another mini-trucker!

OP
OP
familiesr4ever
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i'm over 60. in the 80's i had a hotrod rabbit truck, a new Isuzu lowered on MB-AMG wheels i made adapters to fit and in 90 i bought a new Toyota and machined supra wheels to fit. i haven't owned a mini truck since then. my maverick today
Very nice! I sure hope this starts the mini truck craze back up. It was fun times. Sounds like you had some really nice rides. What color Grey is your maverick? I like it. I was looking at the Cactus Grey.
Sponsored