Ohio Roll Call

scottcav9176

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford Taurus
If anyone in Northeast Ohio is looking for a Maverick (or any other Ford), I would highly recommend Klaben Ford Lincoln in Kent. Yesterday (Wednesday), after having contacted a number of dealers over the past three or four weeks, I noticed an XLT Hybrid pop up on Ford's inventory checker that said "Just Arrived" at Klaben Ford. I see these all the time, and I typically send a request for a price. I submitted a request for info even though it looked like it was a customer order. A few minutes later I received a call from a salesman named Branden Johnson. He confirmed that it was a customer order, but he said that there was a chance that the customer wasn't going to take delivery. He said that I would have first shot if that happened. Having seen the MSRP, I asked him what the price would be. He said, "We don't mark anything up over MSRP." I was kinda surprised, but I think I held my composure. He said he was going to be speaking with the customer later in the day, and he would get back with me after. This was around 10 AM. I hadn't heard anything from him by 6 PM (their closing time), so I called him back. He said he had just spoken with the customer and was told that the guy was leaning toward not taking it, but he was going to talk it over with his wife and give a definite answer by 10 AM the next day (Today -Thursday). At that time I mentioned X-plan pricing, knowing that most dealers weren't honoring that on "stock" Mavericks. He said, "We still honor A/Z/D/X-plan." I was pretty shocked, and I told him that it was nice to hear of a dealership doing business that way. I also had a $500 First Responder rebate. (This is such a long paragraph...)

Anyway, I really wasn't expecting the truck to become available, but I received a call from Branden shortly after 9 AM today stating "We're good to go." I was thinking, "What?! This can't be right." I sent Branden my info, and he sent me a purchase order for my credit union. No pressure whatsoever to finance through the dealership. Everything went as smoothly as it possibly could. I live south of Columbus so it was almost a three hour drive for me, but I was in and out of the dealership with my new ride in a little over an hour.

I don't have a good pic to post at the moment because, by the time I had a moment to take any pics, it was already dark. Anyway, I am now the proud owner of an Area 51 XLT Hybrid with the Luxury Pkg and CP360! Thank you Branden and Klaben Ford!

bentley72

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If anyone in Northeast Ohio is looking for a Maverick (or any other Ford), I would highly recommend Klaben Ford Lincoln in Kent. Yesterday (Wednesday), after having contacted a number of dealers over the past three or four weeks, I noticed an XLT Hybrid pop up on Ford's inventory checker that said "Just Arrived" at Klaben Ford. I see these all the time, and I typically send a request for a price. I submitted a request for info even though it looked like it was a customer order. A few minutes later I received a call from a salesman named Branden Johnson. He confirmed that it was a customer order, but he said that there was a chance that the customer wasn't going to take delivery. He said that I would have first shot if that happened. Having seen the MSRP, I asked him what the price would be. He said, "We don't mark anything up over MSRP." I was kinda surprised, but I think I held my composure. He said he was going to be speaking with the customer later in the day, and he would get back with me after. This was around 10 AM. I hadn't heard anything from him by 6 PM (their closing time), so I called him back. He said he had just spoken with the customer and was told that the guy was leaning toward not taking it, but he was going to talk it over with his wife and give a definite answer by 10 AM the next day (Today -Thursday). At that time I mentioned X-plan pricing, knowing that most dealers weren't honoring that on "stock" Mavericks. He said, "We still honor A/Z/D/X-plan." I was pretty shocked, and I told him that it was nice to hear of a dealership doing business that way. I also had a $500 First Responder rebate. (This is such a long paragraph...)

Anyway, I really wasn't expecting the truck to become available, but I received a call from Branden shortly after 9 AM today stating "We're good to go." I was thinking, "What?! This can't be right." I sent Branden my info, and he sent me a purchase order for my credit union. No pressure whatsoever to finance through the dealership. Everything went as smoothly as it possibly could. I live south of Columbus so it was almost a three hour drive for me, but I was in and out of the dealership with my new ride in a little over an hour.

I don't have a good pic to post at the moment because, by the time I had a moment to take any pics, it was already dark. Anyway, I am now the proud owner of an Area 51 XLT Hybrid with the Luxury Pkg and CP360! Thank you Branden and Klaben Ford!
nice to hear the good stories instead of the bad! Enjoy your new truck!

Twixel Jackson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have decided to cancel taking delivery of my 2022 Ford Maverick and decided to send the details out to all my fellow Ohioans. The details are in my signature and I will try and attach a copy of the window sticker. The truck has the very constrained Lariat Luxury and CoPilot 360 options. Production is scheduled for next Tuesday, April 19th, 2022. I just contacted my salesman, Coty Cox, who advised the truck is not spoken for. Coty's contact information is (740) 751-9421 and his email is [email protected]. The dealership has been adding a 5k ADM to all stock/cancelled order Mavericks but that is between you and them to hash out.

I am going to stick with my 2019 Ford F150 for the time being. I got to test drive a Maverick Lariat last Friday and decided it did not meet my current truck needs. Good luck to all of you on your journey to Maverick ownership.

Attachments

Sponsored

Bob0828

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer, Escape, soon Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just saw a white FX4 in Grafton. Looks sharp. Hopefully I'll get a better look if it's local

michaelmac8

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Ah shoot I wish that was the XLT that you're backing out of instead of the Lariat. My dad has been looking for a Maverick ever since mine was delivered two weeks ago. He's not wanting to pay lariat money nor ADM though.

Kaje

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Honda Element
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Picked it up yesterday! Germain Ford of Beavercreek was great, did almost everything over the phone before I got there. I'd definitely recommend Sarah as a salesperson.

Ford Maverick Ohio Roll Call p4FVe6h

Stive

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper, Lexus RX350, Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mark, Let us all know were you are located to see who you are closer to. I am getting ready to add CC to my XL EB also. I don't expect anything of concern but should know soon. I was holding off making that upgrade since I still have some dealer installed options to be added and did not want to make the changes before that. I am in southern Lorain county right close to no where if you are familar to the area.
‘Thanks for the reply and sorry for the delayed response. I’m located in Newark. Are you having the dealer add CC? If so, I’d be interested in knowing how much they charge. Otherwise, I’ve read in this forum there is a DIY way. But, that involves some Forscan programming which looks intimidating right now.

Guardian

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smartcar,Alfa Romeo Spyder,Pontiac GTO,Taurus SHO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I almost went craaazy yesterday. Minding my own business,driving to a shopping center in Mayfield Hts. when I saw a orangey small truck in a parking lot. I thought probably a Ranger...but something said go get a closer look. Sure enough it was a Cyberorange ecoboost Maverick XLT!!! I deliberately went inside the shop to meet the owner and sure enough he was there. He has owned the truck for 3 months and loves it. I liked being able to touch it and look inside. Once again I can't wait!! Now to go buy Depends underwear!!! I keep getting sooo excited I'm afraid I'll wet my pants!!!

Last edited:
Sponsored

Bob0828

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just came home from my dealership (Elyria Ford). Was going to drop a couple of constrained items. Mud flaps etc. Was told that I am now a priority 2 and should hopefully get a build date soon

ShadowBlack XL440

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just came home from my dealership (Elyria Ford). Was going to drop a couple of constrained items. Mud flaps etc. Was told that I am now a priority 2 and should hopefully get a build date soon
Bob, Hope to see it running around town soon. I am liking mine more than I expected. Took a road trip over the weekend and was really impressed with the mileage, comfort, and driving characteristics.
Ford Maverick Ohio Roll Call KIMG3042.JPG

Bob0828

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thank you. Hopefully I'll see you driving around here in southern Lorain county soon

Paulsr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford mustang , escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Paulsr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford mustang , escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just tried mine out in snow did all right !
Don’t like weather in Ohio just wait a minute it will Change

Ford Maverick Ohio Roll Call 7BA01BC4-3654-4399-8323-987D69779A7E
Sponsored