First Name
JolietMike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Own 2023 Lariat Eco...Ordered 2023/24 XLT HYBRID
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
2023 Mav Lariat, does radio have either ODB output or input.
Sponsored

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If your referring to like an ODB Scanner input/output to the center screen, that would be a NO to my knowledge. There are 2 usb ports, (A/C type) for like wireless CarPlay, flash drives, etc. maybe others can chime in if I’m wrong/misunderstanding

OP
OP
Joliet Mike

Joliet Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JolietMike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It is used with f200 pro front camera, rear camera and ir camera along with a multiplexer box. It's another way of turning off and on that equipment. Yes, I think it is the ODB in/output to the main center screen. Thanks.

OP
OP
Joliet Mike

Joliet Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JolietMike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It is used with f200 pro front camera, rear camera and ir camera along with a multiplexer box. It's another way of turning off and on that equipment. Yes, I think it is the ODB in/output to the main center screen if it has one. Thanks.

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It is used with f200 pro front camera, rear camera and ir camera along with a multiplexer box. It's another way of turning off and on that equipment. Yes, I think it is the ODB in/output to the main center screen. Thanks.
If you mean the OBD port that those devices have a power adapter plug for, yes, the OBD port is below the dash on the left hand side of the steering wheel, but it has nothing to do with the stereo.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Joliet Mike

Joliet Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JolietMike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Correct, I guess it's so you can shut off some or all of those accessories. Do you know the advantage of connecting those cameras w/multiplexer up to the ODB port?

RobN

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you know the advantage of connecting those cameras w/multiplexer up to the ODB port?
I believe the cameras that use the ODB port are using it for both power and possibly to do some monitoring, such as detecting the speed of the vehicle and other metrics to add to the recording so they can function as more of a "black box" after an accident.

You'd want to look at the specification and owner's manual for the specific products you're considering, however, as they may be different.

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Correct, I guess it's so you can shut off some or all of those accessories. Do you know the advantage of connecting those cameras w/multiplexer up to the ODB port?
a better place to ask this question is in the electronics subforum. it isn't an aspect of the radio / infotainment at all. it's the diagnostic port for the whole truck, but you can use it to power accessories.

if you connect to the OBDII port, it is constantly powered and deep sleep will not turn it off.

meaning, it is entirely possible to kill your 12V battery. but it's also possible to run cameras in parking mode if they have it.

Garmin has a very good OBDII connector that has a switch on it to power a connected dashcam for 15 min, 12 hours, or infinite. I have one in my son's suv set to 12 hours and he has a new (as of 2/23) AGM battery so I'm pretty confident that the dashcam can't kill his battery in 12 hours. infinite, however, I'm sure would kill the battery in week or two if it wasn't started.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Joliet Mike

Joliet Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JolietMike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thank you. You've given me some of the info needed for the install.

OP
OP
Joliet Mike

Joliet Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JolietMike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I believe the cameras that use the ODB port are using it for both power and possibly to do some monitoring, such as detecting the speed of the vehicle and other metrics to add to the recording so they can function as more of a "black box" after an accident.

You'd want to look at the specification and owner's manual for the specific products you're considering, however, as they may be different.
Thanks for the info. It helps.
Sponsored