Ford to pause Bronco Sport output at Mexico plant amid supply shortages

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Small-ish unibody 4 door vehicle with a bed is where similarities end. Ford intends Maverick to be an affordable entry level vehicle ("starting at $20K") to entice buyers because they quit making cars for the US market. Hyundai is still selling multiple cars at several price points while touting Santa Cruz as a lifestyle vehicle loaded with technology. Their missions could not be more different. You can bet the Santa Cruz pricing will be a good $10k higher at all trim levels as they target a different demographic.
I don’t think the Santa Cruz will always be higher… I think there’ll be a crossover point.. if Ford builds the Maverick in a Lariat and or Timberline trim level w all the goodies, etc.

I don’t care about price, I care more about capabilities and being able to get one w the goodies like you can w the Ranger and F-150.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP
ElMaverick

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
Doubtful… the chip shortage is worldwide and effecting production of almost every product you can think of..
Hyundai makes so many small profit cars they can cannibalize from them for higher profit cars like the Santa Cruz, with the maverick being at the bottom of Ford's line up they backed themselves into a corner

ghost1986

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Grand Marquis
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They claim the new Bronco isnt being affected by the chip shortages but we'll see. If I see a base manual 2 door Bronco on a lot before the Maverick dumps some info Ill be REALLY hard pressed to wait.

I saw the first few base Bronco pics the other day and Im completely in love with that little thing. Its not practical obviously but it reminds me of my old '93 Tracker quite a bit. If I need a new car it'll be hard to argue agaisnt that for $30k.

TrkNv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Xj and Rogue Sport
Well, I have been looking at 2wd Supercab Rangers. Just need base, mid package and locker as start for build. Easily under 30k.
The 2wd SC I was looking at at a local dealer has raised the price over $1K a day two days in a row. Started at 26,900 and is now just over 29K. I was wrong about getting in under 30K in current market. Prices are going insane last couple weeks. May just keep driving the current one until this craziness subsides.

99Mustang

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Mustang 07 F150 17 Fiesta
I’m selling my 2006 GMC Sierra this week, I won’t wait to long, I’ll just buy a 2nd Ranger, they got 2021 Rangers in Tampa for $25,500.00
Regards
You are right Dpc, I was pnline today checking out the Ranger's and Bronco Sport.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc