First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So I’m trying to get a bedliner installed through ford accessories.. I’m in palm beach FL. There’s nowhere within 2 hours of me. I’m pretty bummed about that. My local ford dealer said they’d install for 180$ an hour at 3 hours of labor.. wtf.. guess I’m going to have to buck up and do it myself. The 60$ installation fee would’ve been so worth it. Save me hours and convenience.. just my rant.
Sponsored

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
While I have not installed one in many years, I installed several new OEM DIBL's in earlier Ford trucks (Ranger, F-150). There wasn't much to it, they were one-piece and used cam-locks to secure to the underail. Took less than 15 minutes.

Maybe another 15 minutes for the tailgate liner.

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Disregard my previous post, I just read the instructions for the Maverick "drop-in" bedliner.

Looks to be less "drop-in" than the one-piece units back in the day, rather more like the multi-piece fiberglass tub/shower surrounds, each section installing independently, with interlocking tabs.

Daveo89

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Disregard my previous post, I just read the instructions for the Maverick "drop-in" bedliner.

Looks to be less "drop-in" than the one-piece units back in the day, rather more like the multi-piece fiberglass tub/shower surrounds, each section installing independently, with interlocking tabs.
Not fiberglass, it's still the same plastic as a regular drop-in, just multi-piece, multiple good threads here about the install. The more cutouts needed depending on bed configuration/tie dows, the more time OP will need. Around 2-3 hours depending on experience with tools and working at a steady pace.

mikeakasully

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape, 2023 Ford Maverick 2.0 Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I'd really go for the spray in. Get a Line-X spray in. Way better then factory and lifetime warranty. Cost me after tax about $600.

Sponsored

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just be aware it gets much more complicated if you have the factory LED bed light and outlet. Either that or I bought the wrong one because there were no markings on the back side for the larger light & outlet combo versus just the storage box. Took more extra time to lay it out and make sure it was right. Measure 5 times, cut once.

inthecabin

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I guess you can can have bragging rights for DIY!! Take pictures and share your installation process.

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not fiberglass, it's still the same plastic as a regular drop-in, just multi-piece, multiple good threads here about the install. The more cutouts needed depending on bed configuration/tie dows, the more time OP will need. Around 2-3 hours depending on experience with tools and working at a steady pace.
Right, I knew it wasn't fiberglass. I was merely referencing the similarity of the tabbed-inlocking multi-piece design, to the tub surrounds.

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'd really go for the spray in. Get a Line-X spray in. Way better then factory and lifetime warranty. Cost me after tax about $600.
Good advice but two things stood in my way of doing that. Firstly, there is now no longer anyone in the whole state that does spray in bed liners. Yes, we live in the Middle Ages up here in some ways. Secondly, with the 20% dealer discount and $210.00 worth of Ford pass points the DIBL cost me $158.00 out the door. Seeing as how I am cheapish, could not travel out of state and pay $442.00 more for a LIneX. :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I guess you can can have bragging rights for DIY!! Take pictures and share your installation process.
Not much to brag about really. It is a very straight forward install and not that hard. It is just the video's I have seen showing the install on YouTube are either on a XL with no storage compartments or a non LUX without the light & outlet or some just bury the stuff. :(

inthecabin

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Not much to brag about really. It is a very straight forward install and not that hard. It is just the video's I have seen showing the install on YouTube are either on a XL with no storage compartments or a non LUX without the light & outlet or some just bury the stuff. :(
Yeah I hear you, I was trying to bolster his confidence for a DIY thing.. Bragging rights are a subjective thing. To each is own..

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As requested here is an outline of my install. I did not take pics every step of the way.

All hardware got two coats of DupliColor truck bed liner to protect the metal from rusting. No faith or trust in the powder coating. The stuff dries to the touch in 15 minutes so it can be installed. I would say 24 hours to fully cure.

Used one can exactly of Fluid Film on the bed to rustproof before installing the bed liner and to spray some inside the tailgate. .

Ford Maverick Nowhere near me to install DIBL? bedlinin

Here's the first half of the job, the easy half. :ROFLMAO: All Torx screw removal made easy with my trusty Milwaukee M18 impact driver. Even the two tie downs in the front of the bed which are notorious for being in their good was no trouble for the Milwaukee.

Ford Maverick Nowhere near me to install DIBL? halfway

After putting on the right side panel which was quick and easy, there went my oh oh moment. This left side is bigger and the lines for cutout only show the small cutout like the right side. Lower right side corner depicts my one and only screw up. Cut out the top section of that rib when I should not have. After calling myself a few derogatory names for being stupid I cut out a small piece of scrap bed liner plastic and JB welded it to the liner. Then used a little of the bed liner paint to fill in a few cracks in an effort to soothe my ego. :ROFLMAO: I guess the tonneau cover will do a good job of hiding it.

Ford Maverick Nowhere near me to install DIBL? light & outlet

My advice, most anyone can do this. Just take your time, measure multiple times and enjoy yourself.

FLA-MAV22

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Kia Rio5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So I’m trying to get a bedliner installed through ford accessories.. I’m in palm beach FL. There’s nowhere within 2 hours of me. I’m pretty bummed about that. My local ford dealer said they’d install for 180$ an hour at 3 hours of labor.. wtf.. guess I’m going to have to buck up and do it myself. The 60$ installation fee would’ve been so worth it. Save me hours and convenience.. just my rant.
Hey Bmack7 where in Palm Beach FL you stay at. I stay in Palm Beach also. I know there is a few videos out there showing how to do it.