Sponsored

Not seeing Mavericks in the wild... why not? How about your community?

MtcARK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is that a 70's Maverick in your club ID photo?
It is a 1972 Maverick that I bought almost new in 1972 while in college. I owned it from 72 to 1976. I loved it! The girl in the car is my wife. We have been married for 47 years.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It is a 1972 Maverick that I bought almost new in 1972 while on college. I owned it from 72 to 1976. I loved it! The girl in the car is my wife. We have been married for 47 years.
You made my day! Fantastic story! Congratulations on getting the girl for 47 years!

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So in last few months ive seen total of 5. velocity blue, area 51, red pepper, Catcus Grey i think its the grey one, Cyber Orange. Thats it. Still seems rare.

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My wife thinks I have a bit of crazy whenever I see one .... "Oh, look, look, a Maverick!!" As if I'm reporting a sighting of bigfoot.
That's what it feels like, i live in very truck orientated town. Still very rare. 100000 2020-2022 f-150s , rangers , Bronco sports even . Very few mavericks

Reactions: Dad

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My santa cruz has gotten me more questions Than my dad's maverick....must be the odd looks haha
yea its pretty out there. Not really truck in looks but not really luxury suv it prices out to be . Its interesting for sure

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 CRV, 2011 Accord V6
BE07DBC5-6232-441E-A64B-147B36DD5116.jpeg
FF0F1158-65A1-47EB-A482-82C6D17C0A22.jpeg
D16EE8AE-E1A6-4159-9FB1-13DB9FD71069.jpeg

So we live in a mid sized city in a populous state with 5 Ford dealers within 30 miles of each other but I have only seen 7 actual rigs and only at the dealers.
Today I spotted this fresh off the truck Hybrid Lariat at a dealer awaiting its prep time... first eyes on a Lariat and hybrid for me personally. Never have seen a truck out on the road. I have seen and touched an XL, XLT, AWD and now this white Lariat. Like I said 7 total in the mix.
I am a car/truck guy and can spot vehicles way off........ just not seeing many yet. I know they are being built and sold but it’s odd for me not to see someone out showing their new truck off 🤔
I feel deprived...., yet hopeful when deliveries ramp up. ✔🇺🇸
I've seen a few around the Los Angles area. Most of them were XL Hybrids but I saw like 1-2 XLTs and 1 Lariat Hybrid. The best spotting I had was when a Maverick pulled up next to an F-350 Dually at a stoplight. The size difference was absolutely insane.

Big Rock

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150 4x4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm really surprised that I have seen 11 Mavs traveling thru my town here in da U.P., 3 hybrids and 8 EB. There has been more Bigfoot sightings though up north here. Most of them have been seen shortly after 'last call'. By the way, don't expect to get mine until August at best. If so, I will have had 2 birthdays since ordering. July 5th when my parents brought me home sreaming and kicking.

JakRussll

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid & 2023 HD Duramax
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I've seen two in Austin I pulled up beside one at a red light. We rolled down windows and had a nice 2 minute chat about them. Dude was thrilled with his. My XLT hybrid was ordered last 7/1 and is supposed to be in the oven now.

Stive

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper, Lexus RX350, Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I finally saw one yesterday that happened to be exactly like the one I think I will eventually get…ordered 9/20/21. Anyway, I waited for the owner to come out, but it was taking too long so I didn’t get a chance to ask them some questions. However, I am even more anxious to get it now!!

Randy H.

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was at a stoplight in the left turning lane (right around the corner from my house) yesterday in my White XLT Hybrid. I look to my right and see a Black XL with a bed rack. I attempted to get the guys attention, but he was talking to someone over Bluetooth... Did not notice me or my truck..
This is the third Maverick I have seen near me in Central Connecticut.

Sponsored

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's what it feels like, i live in very truck orientated town. Still very rare. 100000 2020-2022 f-150s , rangers , Bronco sports even . Very few mavericks
Saw one just yesterday on the Interstate 5 in SoCal. He was doin' 75 easy as pie. Hard to recognize without the Maverick highlight lettering installed, but the one key signal of recognition is the offset license frame. Accurate to say more and more are off the production line and hitting the road.

Kevin H.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I can't go to Home Depot or Lowe's without people asking me about the truck. That said, I haven't seen another around Atlanta.
Judging by your pic (in a parking garage) you must be in the city. I've seen a few up here in Alpharetta.

ebxltfwd

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost XLT Carbonized Gray
Judging by your pic (in a parking garage) you must be in the city. I've seen a few up here in Alpharetta.
That was the case in January. In the four+ months since I wrote that I've seen about 10 in the Atlanta/Gwinnett area and two in Gatlinburg, TN.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was at a stoplight in the left turning lane (right around the corner from my house) yesterday in my White XLT Hybrid. I look to my right and see a Black XL with a bed rack. I attempted to get the guys attention, but he was talking to someone over Bluetooth... Did not notice me or my truck..
This is the third Maverick I have seen near me in Central Connecticut.
How disappointing that he didn't see you.
Sponsored