First Name
Benson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just watched latest Johnny's car care video ----no more spray in bedliners on the XLT Mav unless one has already been assigned a VIN #. Highly disappointed. Guess the drop-in is better than nothing.🙄. I wasnt interested in drop due to added overall weight which will reduce mpg's. And is doesnt look nearly as nice. I'm wondering if after market places will have the materials to do spray in bedliners if I were to go that route. Don't care if it's done by Ford...just want that type over the drop-in. Whadayathink?
Sponsored

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just watched latest Johnny's car care video ----no more spray in bedliners on the XLT Mav unless one has already been assigned a VIN #. Highly disappointed. Guess the drop-in is better than nothing.🙄. I wasnt interested in drop due to added overall weight which will reduce mpg's. And is doesnt look nearly as nice. I'm wondering if after market places will have the materials to do spray in bedliners if I were to go that route. Don't care if it's done by Ford...just want that type over the drop-in. Whadayathink?
Again, conflicting info. Ford video guy said if you have your order in before November your good, plus if you order says spray in you'll get a spray in. Saw Johnny's video this morning that said what you posted. All I can say is we'll all find out who's giving us the correct info when we get our trucks

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I didn't know that Johnny's Car Care Videos were the authority on the subject. Sounds kind of like I read it on the internet so it must be true.

OP
OP
Benson

Benson

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Benson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I didn't know that Johnny's Car Care Videos were the authority on the subject. Sounds kind of like I read it on the internet so it must be true.

Who told you Johnnys Car care videos WERE the authority on the subject? Since Maverick Truck club IS ON the internet, I'm surprised you beleive anything you read on this site since you assume all internet information is untrue.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Who told you Johnnys Car care videos WERE the authority on the subject? Since Maverick Truck club IS ON the internet, I'm surprised you beleive anything you read on this site since you assume all internet information is untrue.
Hmmmm Ok whatever you say. You and Johnny have fun.

Sponsored

TacoHolder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not Mav
I think you are underestimating how heavy a spray in liner can be. I can't imagine the difference between the two is significant enough to really impact your fuel economy. The drop-in might actually be lighter.

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You can still add the spray in when you do a build on Fords site. Doesn’t even list it as a late availability item like the drop in.

OP
OP
Benson

Benson

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Benson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think you are underestimating how heavy a spray in liner can be. I can't imagine the difference between the two is significant enough to really impact your fuel economy. The drop-in might actually be lighter.

And I thought the spray in liner would be the lightest of all! Who knew?
Thx for feedback.

Thrillhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I originally ordered my XLT with luxury package on October 19th. I made a change to the build November 18th. The dealer sent me a new DORA which is dated November 18th (with an October 19th order date) that still shows spray in bedliner under luxury package.

MyFutureMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I originally ordered my XLT with luxury package on October 19th. I made a change to the build November 18th. The dealer sent me a new DORA which is dated November 18th (with an October 19th order date) that still shows spray in bedliner under luxury package.
I checked what is in the XLT Luxury package on ford’s Build and Price site and it now says drop in liner so there’s definitely no option for spray in as part of the Luxury package now.

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
Here is correspondence I've had with the Maverick Brand Manager on this subject:

MBM: Orders that have already been submitted with the XLT Lux pkg that have the spray in bedliner will be built with spray in bedliner.

Me: Just to clarify if their order sheet says spray-in bedliner as part of the package, they will get it? Some think only if the order is already scheduled, will they receive spray-in bedliner. I'm assuming those submitted when it was included will get it as well.

MBM Response: The intent is: if the order with XLT Lux pkg were submitted prior to the feature coding revision, the unit would still be built with the SIBL.
Sponsored