David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco | 2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Any concerns about reduced airflow once the plate is put on?? Ford already removed a couple of the active shutters to increase airflow.
I don't really want to block anything but i reeaally dont want to drill the body for sure. Glad my dealer didnt. I thought it was odd when he said that but seeing how it's done yikes no.

I may just keep it in the windshield or something til I find another option
I would have done this too but didn’t want anything blocking the intercooler. Also looking into remove inch some of the active shutters.
No concerns, the shutters close and open, so if "more" air is needed, it might keep the shutters open for longer, but that's about it. Placing it in the center also uses the small shutter area that already covers the radiator, so it's a bit less than what it actually is. Also, given that is it not flushed against the intercooler, air will still make it in there.

Worst scare scenario I can add some speed holes to the license plate :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored

The-X

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've seen plate holders for other vehicles that support off the bottom of something and angle up but I don't know if any work for the maverick uet. I'd rather have one that didnt interfere with any component operation (yes even a little). Diffused choked off airflow isnt the same as direct high speed flow and i don't want to find out the shutter life span.

Worst case scenario I'd have to make something myself but I'm definitely not drilling into it. It's weird thats the default option honestly. Ive seen people just leave it in the car itself like the front passenger side. That may have to do.

OP
OP
dags1207

dags1207

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I've seen plate holders for other vehicles that support off the bottom of something and angle up but I don't know if any work for the maverick uet. I'd rather have one that didnt interfere with any component operation (yes even a little). Diffused choked off airflow isnt the same as direct high speed flow and i don't want to find out the shutter life span.

Worst case scenario I'd have to make something myself but I'm definitely not drilling into it. It's weird thats the default option honestly. Ive seen people just leave it in the car itself like the front passenger side. That may have to do.
I have one like that for my wife's bronco (because the ACC sensor is down in that area). It uses two L shape brackets that sandwich the bumper inner lip (it is metal in the Bronco).

On the Maverick I was concerned with the lack of ground clearance if I did something similar, not an issue in the Bronco though

This is where part of my reasoning happened too. The non ACC equipped Broncos have that space open, but Ford covers the shutters on ACC models to add the sensor. The Bronco engine generates a ton more heat than my hybrid engine, so I assumed it will be fine. I drive too much to have "will I get pulled over" on the back of my mind :) But I understand your concerns and desires for another alternative

Active grill cost = $120
Ticket for TX front license plate violation = $200

Ford Maverick No drill front license plate for just $20 1708542911309

Last edited:

CurtisB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Would you be able to post a picture of how your solution looks? Sounds like an interesting compromise. I was thinking about using the "dimples" on the black plastic part of the bumper for the top of the bracket and zip tying the bottom.
See post #7, thats me

SaltyJim

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Hot Pepper Red Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

See post #7, thats me
Doh! Guess I missed that. Looks like a bit of air can get through under the plate. Nice! Thanks!

Sponsored

OP
OP
dags1207

dags1207

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I did this on my 2015 Prius. No issues at all. If anything, the ICE warms up faster. Doing this on my Maverick, I expect the same results. It just looks better.

20240111_125110.jpg
Nicely done! I didn't know the frame would fit upside down. But this is a great alternative as well! Still need to drill into the black part of the bumper, but better looking!

BadAl

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I found a similar version on Amazon that included hardware and metal zip ties for $7.99

OP
OP
dags1207

dags1207

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I found a similar version on Amazon that included hardware and metal zip ties for $7.99
Uhm... maybe... it will be more productive to also share the link for all of us?

BadAl

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Uhm... maybe... it will be more productive to also share the link for all of us?
Maybe you could have found it yourself quicker than writing your snarky reply?
Sponsored