Sykotyk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My morning commute is almost always exactly the same with no stops. So I compare it regularly. First time I've hit 60mpg on the run. Usually am in mid 50s.

Almost all city streets total with some waiting which adds time even though I'm not driving.

Ford Maverick New personal MPG record 20220602_082421
Ford Maverick New personal MPG record 20220602_082430

Anyone else working on a personal record for a regular route they take?
Sponsored

C from SF

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 XL AWD Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I do...but different circumstances. My record for my 250 mile trip from mountain cabin in my EB AWD is 39.9mpg. Prior trip was 36.0. Helps to stay under 70mph and drive behind a semi... with current gas prices, the trip may take longer, but I am definitely extending the tank with over 600 miles between fillups.

king2022

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2024 Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My morning commute is almost always exactly the same with no stops. So I compare it regularly. First time I've hit 60mpg on the run. Usually am in mid 50s.

Almost all city streets total with some waiting which adds time even though I'm not driving.

20220602_082421.jpg
20220602_082430.jpg

Anyone else working on a personal record for a regular route they take?
How accurate is the displayed mpg? Do you do the calculation with the gas and miles by yourself? I have a google sheet file on which I log the gas and the odometer every time I went to a gas station. It calculates mpg automatically. I found my Acura MDX displays higher mpg than what it really is. Probably the car manufacturer did it on purpose to please customers.

OP
OP

Sykotyk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How accurate is the displayed mpg? Do you do the calculation with the gas and miles by yourself? I have a google sheet file on which I log the gas and the odometer every time I went to a gas station. It calculates mpg automatically. I found my Acura MDX displays higher mpg than what it really is. Probably the car manufacturer did it on purpose to please customers.
So far one time it was spot on, the rest is within a mpg of the display. Usually lower, but once higher. It's hard to fill exactly back up to the previous level since you're not supposed to top off hybrid pressurized gas tank.

king2022

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2024 Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So far one time it was spot on, the rest is within a mpg of the display. Usually lower, but once higher. It's hard to fill exactly back up to the previous level since you're not supposed to top off hybrid pressurized gas tank.
It sounds pretty accurate. Mid 50 mpg is absolutely amazing! Thanks for sharing
Sponsored