Sponsored

Hybrid MPG Estimate Delay - New Chips maybe?

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interesting thought, If there is a 2154 our history will be rewritten to align with that timelines narrative for sure. Just like ours is right now. I think the future is going to be like the movie Ready Player One. Where people just struggle to survive with broken things.

I truly believe the most intelligent moment in mans time was from 1750 to 1950 with pen and paper we discovered gravity (Newton), wavelengths of light and energy (Maxwell), RF propagation and electromagnetism to create AC (Tesla) the splitting of the Atom (Einstein). All of their achievements where done with candle light, paper and pencil nothing else (Ok maybe a ruler). We are riding the coattails of giants with our PC and artificial intelligence. We are a blackout away from living in huts and tents.
We are a reflection of our greater selves.

Maybe someday realty will sink in and we can go back to the fundamentals of the real world.
Take Texas, February 2021, as an example of a very small scale blackout. It didn’t go well. It wasn’t even a true blackout, just rolling with some areas affected more than others. We’re screwed!
Sponsored

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think the future is going to be like the movie Ready Player One. Where people just struggle to survive with broken things.
I shouldn't tell you this, but...

I'm from the future and it's not like that at all.

It's more like Pong...

Last edited:

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I shouldn't tell you this, but...

I'm from the future and it's not like that at all.

It's more like Pong...
Lol talk about de evolving. That was my first video game. 😭😭😭 I swore I am 38

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Just thinking out loud -- I don't know nothin.

Is it possible that Ford is delaying their official MPG estimate because they had to change some silicon and need to QA/QC some new hardware and programming? Or are they one of the few models that is being audited by the EPA? But if so, aren't those tests done relatively quickly? Shouldn't they be done by now?

If a hybrid is being built this week, is it going to sit in the desert until those numbers are official?
Here are the EPT Tests for a hybrid. Ford does not "submit" anything they drop off the required number of test vehicles to the EPA. https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/pdfs/EPA test procedure for EVs-PHEVs-11-14-2017.pdf
Sponsored